blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Lost" fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Lost" fans  (Read 81135 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »

Blimey, I'm even more excited about watching it now. Even if it's really good though, it better answer all my questions otherwise I shall moan about how nothing is ever resolved and then carry on watching it.

a cynic eh snop? not actually very becoming of you.

they just answered one question in ep 5, but nothing major.
did anyone clock the name of the ship the journal was auctioned from?

As snoops said the black rock, which is the ship marooned on the island. I think this definitley going to be expanded on in future episodes.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »

Blimey, I'm even more excited about watching it now. Even if it's really good though, it better answer all my questions otherwise I shall moan about how nothing is ever resolved and then carry on watching it.

Just joking, but surely you can see how a show can be good without answering all your questions. the fact that you don't have an answer means you have to use your imagination, which is often more entertaining than any answer the directors could give you.

Oh, and I think the ship was called Black Rock.

i love the show, but don't you think they need to start answering a few questions?
just adding to them is becoming frustrating.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

thanks, i watched it on the veoh player and couldn't go back to check up without reloading.
glad it was that ship a it helps with the whole where did the others come from/ what is penny's dads involvement in all of this stuff.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »

Just joking, but surely you can see how a show can be good without answering all your questions. the fact that you don't have an answer means you have to use your imagination, which is often more entertaining than any answer the directors could give you.

i love the show, but don't you think they need to start answering a few questions?
just adding to them is becoming frustrating.

I don't think they need to start answering questions. The only problem I have is when the show grinds to a halt. This happened at the start of Series 3, and it became rather tedious. However, they responded to complaints and made the following episodes some of the best yet. For me, the problem with these episodes wasn't that they weren't answering any questions, but more that they weren't offering any more clues or, at the least, opening up any new questions for you to think about. Once you give the audience nothing to chew on, it becomes focused entirely on the basic narrative which, if it isn't explosive (ie. not just three prisoners sitting in cages), can become a grind.

If there is one question that I would like the writers to focus on for a moment or two, it would be the black smoke. This feature has been prevalent all the way through, yet progress has been slow and it hasn't really developed further than being well... black smoke. With things like Dharma, we have been fed bit by bit and different segments of this aspect slowly revealed - no complete answer to their main objectives on the island, but progress in the story and background at least. In that sense, I would like to see them move the black smoke arc forward more and tell us a bit more about where it's coming from and why it's there.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:51:34 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2008, 12:02:22 AM »

polar bears?

WTF?

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2008, 12:22:01 AM »

I thought i was clever when i only watch Series 1 + 2 once i had the box sets.. but now im up to date it is so annoying.  I Just want to load up the next show after watching the latest one! So sick

HI HELEN!
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2008, 10:10:22 PM »

They did it again, an episode which told us so much, yet nothing actually happened and we are non the wiser.

The rift in time thing can be used to explain almost everything btw, including:

Jacks dad coming back to life
Locke walking
Walt being taller
why the future selves want to get back on the island (cos they went crazy when they left it)
Why Jack, Kate, Sayid and Hurley could leave the island but others stayed (cos they were not exposed to radiation as they were with the others or on a boat when the hatch blew up)

They could also theortically change the future of the flashforwards if time travel is to be a theme

thats the most i used my brain all year
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »

They did it again, an episode which told us so much, yet nothing actually happened and we are non the wiser.

The rift in time thing can be used to explain almost everything btw, including:

Jacks dad coming back to life
Locke walking
Walt being taller
why the future selves want to get back on the island (cos they went crazy when they left it)
Why Jack, Kate, Sayid and Hurley could leave the island but others stayed (cos they were not exposed to radiation as they were with the others or on a boat when the hatch blew up)

They could also theortically change the future of the flashforwards if time travel is to be a theme

thats the most i used my brain all year

Oh crist not seen it yet and not sure i want to..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »

A cracking episode... Is there a break after 8? & 13 in the series?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2008, 11:02:12 AM »

A cracking episode... Is there a break after 8? & 13 in the series?

I think I had heard (maybe here) that the last 5 episodes will be restarting early april, so we only have a few weeks to wait.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

Interesting read, taken from another forum:

''Something Jack says under oath in the Kate centric flash forward has peaked my interest.

He states that only 8 people survived the crash and implies that it is Kate that saves them all.

However we know for a fact that ONLY 6 of the crash survivors make it off the Island. This implies that 2 die during the interval.

We know 4 of those that are now definitely members of the Oceanic 6; Hurley as revealed in Ep 4.01, Jack Ep 4.01, Sayid Ep 4.03 and Kate Ep 4.04. The term Oceanic 6 was never used before Ep 4.01 so it is only when they have appeared since then that they could be confirmed as such. This is confirmed by Ben's appearance at the end of Ep 4.03, proving that there are more ways on and off the Island

Additionally Aaron can not be a member of the Oceanic 6 as he was not born until after the crash. Further evidence that Aaron is not a member of the 6 is that the scrum of reporters in Kate's first flash forward make no reference to him. This is strange as reporters would naturally jump on how little Aaron is being looked after. It is the lack of these questions that point towards Aaron not being a widely known fact.

Now we know that the whole only 8 survivors statement is a story cooked up by the 6 members who leave the Island to disguise and obfuscate the real events. What peaks my interest is the benefit of addition of 2 members that fail to make it off the Island. Why not say only us 6 survived the accident.

The reason for the extra 2 survivors is obvious; they are needed to fill in a hole in the Oceanic 6 story.

Currently we know that; Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Jack make it off the Island with little Aaron in tow.

This leaves 2 more members; Sun is a certainty for leaving but the second is a mystery and I believe it is Sun that holds the key to one of the "deceased" survivors.

We know Sun is pregnant and got pregnant on the Island so either Jin is the final member of the Oceanic 6 or he is announced as having died on the Island. The argument that Jin is one of the 6 is apparently backed up by spoilers from the yet to be aired Ep 4.07. However I question the worth of a story line that takes Jin off the Island. I would find it more interesting if Jin and Sun had to say good bye or Jin dies. Just look at Ep 4.04, the conversation Jin and Sun are having on the beach they seem to have now fallen back in love and I believe we will see a rich and devoted love story being played out over the next few weeks. However at some point we will see Jin killed and hence his inclusion within the 8 survivors story Jack begins to tell.

So who is the sixth member of the Oceanic 6 and the final member of the 8 survivors?

With Aaron leading a life as Kate's "son", Claire must die at some point and I believe this also discounts her as a member of the story. Sawyer and Locke have no real benefit of being mentioned. Ana Lucia is out as Hurley denies meeting her, in fact none of the Tailies have appeared important on the Island (Libby is obviously an important player in the flash backs). So why bring Bernard in and let him survive?

This leads me to Bernard being the final member of the Oceanic 6 and Rose being the final survivor that "dies". Jack, Rose and Bernard all shared the same row of seats on the plane and so it would be more believable if they survived. It is also known that Rose had a fatal illness when she left Australia. Rose has made it clear she does not wish to leave the Island numerous times and so would not leave with Bernard.

Finally I find Kate's Mum's illness interesting. Kate visits her Mum as soon as she finds out about the illness and if my memory serves it is Kate's childhood friend that lets her know as soon as its diagnosed.

Kate's Mum states that she has been given 6 months to live for 4 years. Now (I'm not 100% and I believe LOSTpedia's timeline maybe wrong) Kate leaves for Australia straight after her visit to her Mum and is only 3 months there before she's caught. It is implied by the reaction of the press and her lawyer's statement at her arraignment that she has only just got off the Island. Leaving a few months for the trial this means that 3 years are missing. Is this the time lag?''

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

That sounded like a rambling load of crap to me, 5 minutes I aint getting back.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »

lol Cheesy

Some people have a lot of time on their hands.  I bet even the script writers aren't 100% sure where they are going yet.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »

That sounded like a rambling load of crap to me, 5 minutes I aint getting back.

indeed..sounded ramblings to me...and rather incoherent at that.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »

I actually dreamt about Lost last night - it's getting in my head I tell ya.  In my dream it transpired that Ben was one of the survivors of the Black Rock but had not aged due to the time whatjamacallit.  I woke up thinking I had worked it all out, then remembered Ben's back story. 

Still loving it, but like Rooks just wish I didn't have to wait a week for the next episode.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: