blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Lost" fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Lost" fans  (Read 80891 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »

Jack is Aaron's uncle?

Yep. It was in series 2 or 3 where it is reveiled that Claire's dad is Jack's dad. Therefore jack and claire are half brother/sister.

Yes but neither of them are aware of it are they?

Trying to remember what Sawyer knows, I remember he met Jacks dad in a pub and did he not meet Claire ?. I think he has made the connection but hasnt said anything yet.

I remember thinking at the time that the corpse might be Michael because it was someone with a son but Im not so sure now. Wasnt Sawyers girlfriend pregnant when they broke up...maybe its him.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2008, 02:26:09 AM »

Watching the new episode right now Smiley

(Obv brag post)

HI HELEN!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2008, 03:58:02 AM »

Another biggie was the question behind Clare and the clairvoyant - she was told that she was in danger and her baby would be taken from her - seems we've had that one answered on Sunday

As I remember the clairvoyant arranged for Clare to have her baby adopted by an American couple and when she wanted to go on a different flight he was adamant that she went on the Oceanic flight KNOWING that it would crash presumably..WHY?

If Aaron is number 5 then we should assume Clare is dead.

Did I miss something, was it ever explained who the corpse was that Jack and Kate went to see at the funeral parlour?

Desmond was also on the helicopter but he wasnt a passenger so im assuming he wasnt counted and neither was Ben so that leaves 1 more.

Any guesses?

The clairvoyant changed his stance from encouraging her to raise the baby herself to then deciding she could give it away. I think he was originally trying to prevent her from giving the baby up because he believed, from his visions, that Aaron would be in danger. He obviously had another vision about the crash, and then chose to go along with what she wanted, perhaps thinking the crash was a better option to what would happen if she gave it up. Whether he knew she would survive the crash or not, I'm not sure.

It is also worth noting that the clairvoyant confessed to being a fraud in one episode with Eko, but I think judging by his reactions to Claire, we're probably meant to believe that he was lying.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2008, 04:08:47 AM »

The corpse is a man with a son, said the newspaper clipping Jack was reading. My guess is Micheal, would certainly explain why they were not too favourable of him.

I dont think Locke and Sawyer would get off the Island. Neither man has an incentive to leave and I think they will leave several 'main' characters on the Island for what looks like an eventual return to the Island by the Oceanic 6.

All the signs are pointing to Claire dying, so I reckon she will live, but need to stay on the Island (Possibly tentativley linked to that 'pregnant women die on the Island' storyline.

Michael and Walt could actually be the last two of the Oceanic 6, I reckon they might be on the freighter, so it could be a good twist (Walt is probably 6ft with a beard by now).

Isn't Michael a bit obvious though? Also, would Michael really commit suicide and leave Walt behind when he worked so hard to retrieve him from the Others? Surely Walt would turn up at the funeral too?
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »

Episode 5 was one of the best 40 mins of tv i have ever watched, and yes ill admit i cried like a baby!

episode 5 link.

http://www.ninjavideo.net/viewvideo.php?id=48
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2008, 11:57:59 AM »

The corpse is a man with a son, said the newspaper clipping Jack was reading. My guess is Micheal, would certainly explain why they were not too favourable of him.

I dont think Locke and Sawyer would get off the Island. Neither man has an incentive to leave and I think they will leave several 'main' characters on the Island for what looks like an eventual return to the Island by the Oceanic 6.

All the signs are pointing to Claire dying, so I reckon she will live, but need to stay on the Island (Possibly tentativley linked to that 'pregnant women die on the Island' storyline.

Michael and Walt could actually be the last two of the Oceanic 6, I reckon they might be on the freighter, so it could be a good twist (Walt is probably 6ft with a beard by now).

Isn't Michael a bit obvious though? Also, would Michael really commit suicide and leave Walt behind when he worked so hard to retrieve him from the Others? Surely Walt would turn up at the funeral too?

Didnt realise that the guy in the coffin committed suicide. Still could stand to reason, if he on the freighter or otherwise comes back into it, cant help but think he'll shaft a few more people and top himself because of the guilt.

I like this thread, but may avoid it just because those of you that watch it on the t'internet might let something slip before I watch it on proper tv this weekend
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2008, 12:06:38 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the coffin was someone we've not been introduced to yet.  How old was Aaron in the flash-forwards? About 2?  So there's plenty more to happen in the meantime.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »

Horneris mentioned in another thread the guy in the coffins name from the newspaper clipping, sure it was John something, a name we havent heard of yet...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »

they will now show all 8 straight and then break and then start with the last five sometime in late April. Originally, they were going to show 7 and hold the eighth for when they return -- they thought this was a more natural breaking point -- but ABC overruled for network/sweeps/promotional reasons
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2008, 01:08:27 PM »

Horneris mentioned in another thread the guy in the coffins name from the newspaper clipping, sure it was John something, a name we havent heard of yet...

They may change their name though to remain as anonymous as possible and stay out of the limelight.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2008, 03:50:12 PM »

That. Was Awesome.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »

That. Was Awesome.

QFT, up there with some of the best lost episodes ever ,imo.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

Blimey, I'm even more excited about watching it now. Even if it's really good though, it better answer all my questions otherwise I shall moan about how nothing is ever resolved and then carry on watching it.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

Blimey, I'm even more excited about watching it now. Even if it's really good though, it better answer all my questions otherwise I shall moan about how nothing is ever resolved and then carry on watching it.

a cynic eh snop? not actually very becoming of you.

they just answered one question in ep 5, but nothing major.
did anyone clock the name of the ship the journal was auctioned from?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »

a cynic eh snop? not actually very becoming of you.

they just answered one question in ep 5, but nothing major.
did anyone clock the name of the ship the journal was auctioned from?

Just joking, but surely you can see how a show can be good without answering all your questions. the fact that you don't have an answer means you have to use your imagination, which is often more entertaining than any answer the directors could give you.

Oh, and I think the ship was called Black Rock.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:40:21 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: