blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:21:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A couple more APAT hands..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A couple more APAT hands..  (Read 1358 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »

In hand number one I have just been moved to a new table and don't know any of the players except for Alan/Riorodent who is on my immediate left. I have circa 13k which is about average stack and the blinds are 300/600.

All fold to the cut-off who limps for 600. I find AQo and make it 3k to play.

The blinds both fold and after a short dwell the cut-off sets me in for my remaining 10k if I wish to play.

In hand number two there are twenty-one players remaining and it's a significant money bubble (£75 is locked up but the next exit guarantees £400 minimum). I have circa 64k, average stack is 72k, and the blinds are 3k/6k.

The guy on my immediate right has pushed allin repeatedly for the last half an hour or so and his stack size has yo-yoed as one would expect but at this moment he's on an upswing and has me covered.

All pass to mateyboy on my right who pushes allin from the SB. My BB and I look down to see AsJs.

Irrespective of the results, what is the correct play here and in the previous hand ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »

hand one is a call for me and I'd expect to race (he could have 99- maybe even AJ if I'm lucky) which i what I'd be looking to do at this stage as I want to double up. he has aces-- good luck to him.
hand 2...you could fold here easily enough. You'd be racing at best here (very likely maybe even up against a worse Ace) and you don' need to if you want the 400£.

I call in hand 2.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:34:10 PM »

Call in hand one.  Like Boldie said, you're looking for the double up and there's enough already in there for me.

I fold the second hand though.  I don't mind betting out with AJ sooooted, but not happy calling all-in here with it.    You're not desperate, and you'll have better opportunities (possibly).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »

I'd snap call hand 2

hand 1 is a lot closer imo, what do these people limp with from late position that suddenly wants to set sail when you raise? I think u see a solid range most of the time, flipping or way behind... I dont think they will do this with a worse ace (maybe AJ?), but given the money in the pot its prolly correct to call, ur about 43% vs 66++/AJ++ ( i got no idea how accurate this range is, just a guess mainly, the actual range is probably a lot tighter?) but based on that, I'd call begrudgingly.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 01:46:33 PM »

I was watching play for the hour before villain pushed in hand two

The pushing frequency into unopened pots, from any position, was so high, that I would have called too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »

Snap call Hand 2- his range is huge

Hand 1 more tricky but I would probably also call

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »

Call both.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »

Hand 1 is a call though you wouldn't be overly confident, expect to be shown 22-1010 alot here.

In hand 2 this is insta call.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 10:02:38 AM »

In hand number one I gave it some thought and then called thinking if he's got AA good luck to him.

He tabled 22 ! Luckily for me I spiked a Q on the river and suddenly had a very playable stack.

In hand number two I also gave it some thought as I could easily fold into the £400 level although I felt sure that I was probably in front. I also wanted to come back the next day with a decent stack what with the lion's share of the prizemoney and the added value all paid out to the top three spots. Remember that if I fold here I would have had 58k with average 72k. I called.

He produces A6o and spikes his 6 on the turn.  (My cheque for 50p is in the post)

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 04:15:36 PM »

In hand number one I gave it some thought and then called thinking if he's got AA good luck to him.

He tabled 22 ! Luckily for me I spiked a Q on the river and suddenly had a very playable stack.

In hand number two I also gave it some thought as I could easily fold into the £400 level although I felt sure that I was probably in front. I also wanted to come back the next day with a decent stack what with the lion's share of the prizemoney and the added value all paid out to the top three spots. Remember that if I fold here I would have had 58k with average 72k. I called.

He produces A6o and spikes his 6 on the turn.  (My cheque for 50p is in the post)

you did the right thing in both cases..that's all you can do

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:30:05 AM »

Your call against Jon Spinks on the bubble was an easy one, he was literally pushing with any 2 cards from the SB vs the BB.

Hand 1 is more difficult. I would have made my initial raise to something like 1800, then folded to the reraise. With 3000 in, it's a harder decision to fold - but I might.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:16:14 PM by RichEO » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 03:47:54 AM »

Hand 1 - I think he'll show a small pair 90% of the time here.

Hand 2 - Insta...

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »

Hand 1 - I think he'll show a small pair 90% of the time here.

Hand 2 - Insta...

exactly my thinking!

You made the correct play in both,

I did the same in newcastle.....innevitably the same happened to me..........................

although he may have had QQ and I had AK so it wasnt such a BB lol!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: