blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 1 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondepoker.com Waterford Winter Festival: Day 1 - Interactive  (Read 29876 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2007, 12:36:33 AM »

Play is even now resuming, with blinds now at 150/300. 232 players remain, and average stack is 17,780.

And here's the all-important payout:

1        €37,000
2        €23,000
3        €13,000
4        €9,500
5        €8,500
6        €7,200
7        €6,000
8        €4,500
9        €3,000
10      €2,200
11-13  €1,700
14-16  €1,500
17-20  €1,100
21-30  €950
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2007, 12:37:46 AM »

Kev was very amused to snap Neil Kelly in this pose and insisted I posted it up, so here is Neil Kelly, who in his own words told me "I used to be a model - I modelled balaclavas..."

If you look closely you might find a hidden cat somewhere in this photo too...

I so wish I had photoshop on this lappy, the things I could super impose into his hand ..... MUST RESIST !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2007, 12:40:09 AM »

Snoopy filled me in on some interesting hands, one of them involving the exit of blonde's own Luckylloyd.

After Snoopy took some chips off him, sneakily river check raising his turned set of Kings vs Lloyd's rivered set of Jacks, Lloyd re-raised allin on a Two Clubs board. Conor Doyle told Lloyd, "I think you've got a flush draw" and after vacillating for a while eventually called the extra 6k or so with bottom pair two spades . Now THAT's a brave call!

He was correct Lloyd did have the flush draw, but that's not all. Holding for top pair to go with his nut flush draw he had Conor drawing very thin. But poker being poker, almost anything can happen and an offsuit 2 on the river to give Conor trips sent a highly disgruntled Lloyd to the rail.

He was last seen heading off to the toilets for a bit of this...

The players have just had a short break but are back in action, so hold onto your hats, this could get bumpy...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2007, 12:48:01 AM »

I see it! I see it!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

And while I was happily Photoshopping that, I noticed that mere feet away on Table 1, Barry Carter had moved all in on a flop, and Anna Colley was considering whether to call or not. He'd mentioned to us in the break that she was making it a very interesting table to play on, and he was looking forward to getting an actual hand, as she would most likely pay it off. She eventually folded - no cards were shown, but Barry informs us that he was holding pocket Sevens and he is fairly sure that she was holding pocket Fours and was considering calling for the straight draw. He doesn't seem too upset that she folded though. He's on around 34k.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:03:37 AM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2007, 12:56:08 AM »

There has just been an elimination.

Gavin Kelly was short and down to 3k or so. He got his chips in preflop versus the even shorter David O' Mahoney's -7c and showed down the dominating -Kc.

Mahoney was in bad shape but things got interesting on a flop. Gavin had made top set but the hearts gave David a flush draw. He missed the flush as the turn came the and the river the but this gave the lucky David a backdoor straight and left Gavin with a mere 600 chips. He shoved these in next hand with A-6 but ran into the K-K of Mike Rossiter and this time the Kings held, sending Gavin to the rail...

The three chip leaders as we stand are Michael Muldoon with 60k, Kevin Hicky on 57k and Anna Colley is down to 44k. She had been the chip leader but as Dana just related took a big hit off Barry. She remains in decent shape though...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2007, 01:07:28 AM »

Dear Guests reading the updates, once again, have you considered signing up and signing in? The benefits are endless! For one thing, you'll be able to see the excellent pussy photo I am posting exclusively for signed-in members, below:
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2007, 01:17:07 AM »

I join Jen's table as she is raising Mclovin's big blind.  All fold and Jen takes it down. "I've ground to a halt" she tells me but I love it when it gets to 150 300 with a 25 ante! [the next level]" she tells me with genuine infectious enthusiasm.

Suddenly there appear to be a rash of allins and I run frantically about trying to catch them, almost sending several of the waitresses flying (that was the excuse I used for bumping into them anyway)

Michael Muldoon has claimed another victim.  Vincent Mcnamee appeared to have got a bit short and shoved preflop with 7-7, only to find the heavily chipped up Muldoon (who had shown down Q-Q the hand before) with K-K. When you run good...

Michael's cowboys held, consigning Vincent to the rail and increasing Michael's chips yet further. "Great call" says Jen, with just the merest hint of sarcasm and the table have a bit of gentle banter at Michael's expense. He just smiles and stacks yet more chips into his towers of glory...

Sadly the aforementioned winner of the best sunglasses in the tournament, a man who I believe is called Jerom Friatis is also out as is Sideshow Bob.

Here's how he looked as he exited

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2007, 01:19:15 AM »

I see it! I see it!

Rumbled...MIAOW!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2007, 01:24:21 AM »

On Table 14 we have what must be for them a kind of weird creepy deja-vuey situation where Nicky Power, Marty Smyth and Brian O'Keefe, who shared the final table at the Irish Open this year, are again up against each other.

On Table 14 we have what must be for them a kind of weird creepy deja-vuey situation where Nicky Power, Marty Smyth and Brian O'Keefe, who shared the final table at the Irish Open this year, are again up against each other.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:36:39 AM by danafish » Logged
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2007, 01:31:13 AM »

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2007, 01:34:58 AM »

Jelous as fook here.. how are the blondes getting on ??

U still in Kev?

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2007, 01:43:05 AM »

Tightend appears to be on 17-18k or so.

He was a bit disappointed with one hand. Holding Ah , he raised from the cutoff and was called from the blinds.

The flop came a nut-tastic two hearts giving Tighty the nuts. He bet the flop and was called by his opponent, who unbeknownst to him had -8s for top set.

A further heart though killed any more action for him and he was a bit dismayed at not getting fuill value for his nut flush there. He battles on though.

Tikay's on 18k or so. Jen's doing pretty well on 16k, Compo looks to have taken a hit or two after holding a large stack earlier...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2007, 01:43:22 AM »

Jelous as fook here.. how are the blondes getting on ??

Snoops is on 21k, somehow. Nothing spectacular, he says, just the gentle, boring grindage that is the hallmark of so much of what he does... Smiley

M3Boy is back down to his starting stack - he was up to 23k, but lost it back in 3 big hands. Ouch.

This is how he is presenting himself to the world:

...but I think he feels more like this:

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2007, 01:47:37 AM »

Fine work Dana & JC,  Blondes

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: