blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Just back from DTD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just back from DTD  (Read 11172 times)
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 02:50:24 PM »

Just got back and the trip is worth the A17 and A52.

Its some "wow" moment when you walk through the door for the first time, I am sure that will only surpassed when you walk through the door and it is full, a sight I look forward to seeing.  The layout, decor and spec are all of the highest order.  Time I feel will bring experience and confidence which might make it even better, if that is possible.

My tournament was short but sweet and was good to meet so many Blonde's again.  Thankfully an intersting 1/2 cash table kept me entertained for many hours, with Zim, Vinni and RichEO among many others helping to distract me from some awful tourney play and thankfully making the trip profitable.

I told Rob he should be very proud of what he has achieved, it is an amazing place to say the least.  I will support the place till I can no more, thankyou Rob and Team it is some vision you have realised.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »

Just curious among the hype, are the rake structures employed standard? I'm reading a £0.50/1 game is £10 cap at 5%. 10 big hands is stacking someone...pretty sick, no?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »

nobody wants to hear my AA v KK story from last night, but suffice to say, I got to sample some side action last night, rather than a record setting second consecutive final.

I was sat next to you and i felt a bit ill on the AA v KK  -did you get your Hoi Sin ?

the hoi sin pork was lovely thanks.

I played 2 hands in 1 hour in the .50/1 cash game and was up £110 so can't complain. would rather have gone deep in the tourney but there's always next week, and the next week, and the week after..........
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »

nobody wants to hear my AA v KK story from last night, but suffice to say, I got to sample some side action last night, rather than a record setting second consecutive final.

I was sat next to you and i felt a bit ill on the AA v KK  -did you get your Hoi Sin ?

I played 2 hands in 1 hour in the .50/1 cash game and was up £110 so can't complain. would rather have gone deep in the tourney but there's always next week, and the next week, and the week after..........

I know - the thought was going through my mind this morning - this is going to be very bad!
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 04:14:33 PM »

2hrs to get there (leaving at 3.30) and stopping for Petrol in Cambridge

1 1/2hrs to get home.

Not too bad a journey tbh.

Fantastic Club - made for poker players it truely is. Good tables, comfy seats, space between tables and excellent layout. Competent dealers and staff.

Was good to meet up with old friends as well as put faces to some blonde names.

Only think I would say is why is there no cover from the door to the covered smoking area? I presume this must be because of some sort of planning laws? As Luton is the same (all be it only 3 ft uncovered). Would a roll up lean to not get round these laws? (assuming they exist)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:16:38 PM by M3boy » Logged
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

So you were lagging it up then!

Congrats everyone on their cashes at DTD, I hope to join that list sometime soon.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »

This post is slightly misplaced as I'm at DtD now rather than just back from it, but I can't be bothered to start a new thread.

It goes without saying that the place is top notch so I don't think I need to bother adding anything to the previous superlatives (although Internet Explorer on the internet terminals and not Firefox - interesting choice).

I might attempt the odd update from the tournament, however I'm not very good at chip counting or remembering peoples names or faces, or how hands played out. So the highlight might be that I can positively state that at the end of the first level all the blondeites are still in - even Ironside.

If anybody's interested - and more importantly, if I can remember to do so - I'll report back on any significant action. 

Grin

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RichEO

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 08:42:33 PM »

This post is slightly misplaced as I'm at dtd now rather than just back from it, but I can't be bothered to start a new thread.

It goes without saying that the place is top notch so I don't think I need to bother adding anything to the previous superlatives (although Internet Explorer on the internet terminals and not Firefox - interesting choice).

I might attempt the odd update from the tournament, however I'm not very good at chip counting or remembering peoples names or faces, or how hands played out. So the highlight might be that I can positively state that at the end of the first level all the blondeites are still in - even Ironside.

If anybody's interested - and more importantly, if I can remember to do so - I'll report back on any significant action. 

Grin

Don't bother counting Iron's chips it will be outdated by the time you post the info. Just tell us when he goes out.

Good luck iron  thumbs up
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »

Can you wish goodluck to Iron please Jon ? also hope he had a good time at the place next door  Wink

Sorry if my message was a bit garbled this morning , but i was shattered and not at me best typing wise  Smiley

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 09:59:22 PM »

Shock News: Ironside managed to reach the first break!!!

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 10:05:18 PM »

Shock News: Ironside managed to reach the first break!!!

Now, that IS a shock.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2007, 12:34:40 AM »

Wish I could of made it there tonight but I think it was a blessing in disguise, Caitlin was poorly so I decided not to go but after 5 hours I managed to convince Kev to go without me. He set off rather late but at least he would be able to play the STT's, tourney tomorrow and get the DTD experience on the opening week...

He'd been driving for a couple of hours when I received a call... "Jane, I've crashed the car....."

HE'S OK!!! - the car... not so much.

So I've been trying to sort out travel arrangements for Kev stuck in the middle of nowhere, car recovery, sort out insurance and what a nightmare it's been... so much for being Fully Comp with full breakdown cover. All I can say is thank god I wasn't driving, we may not of got away so lightly.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2007, 12:40:55 AM »

So glad Kev is ok..car's can be replaced ..x

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2007, 12:42:03 AM »

Exactly what I said to him Maureen, I don't give a damn about the car lol.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 12:45:11 AM »

Phone me. I can help with cars

Regards

M
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: