blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Just back from DTD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just back from DTD  (Read 11176 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »

Glad he's ok Jane x
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2007, 12:49:45 AM »

So glad Kev is ok..car's can be replaced ..x

ditto.  Shit, hope you get it all sorted x

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2007, 01:04:45 AM »

I'm glad to hear Kev is ok

Hope everything gets sorted ok

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Kaibobble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2007, 01:55:53 AM »

Well I have been looking forward to this night for quite a while.

I set off at about 3.45 as my fella was just finishing work which we thought even with traffic  we would get there in time seeing it usually takes about 2 and a half hours on a good day. With the rain we ran in to massive stand still traffic. Eventually taking almost 4 hours we got there just after the tournament had started so wasn't in the best of moods especially with missing all the hype at the beginning. (Oh and thank Goodness for online registration may I just add)

Greeted by Danny Bell and shown to my seat, been a long time I have seen him in a suit. It was strange the fact that there were well over 100 people in the place and it seemed slightly empty, that just portrays the sheer size of the place. It will be an amazing atmosphere when there are 400 people sat playing.

Had a nice chat to some people on the table (was sat next to AdamM and didn't actually know it at the time). Didn't really have a poker head on as was more interested taking everything in so didn't exactly play my best, got runner runnered on my first hand and then got caught making a move with 10 8os, that was about the extent of my game and was out by the break lol.

Anyway made it over to the bar to get some food and sat chatting to Adam O'connell and friend whilst we ate, very nice burger, not sure about the whole cajun chips thing.

Went for a wander round and had a chat with a few people. Talked 'shop' with Derek, from Rob's other business, that has helped manage all the Technical and networking side of the club. What a fab job he and his team have done developing and installing all the systems. 

Put names to face of a few of the blondites, and the night wouldn’t have been complete without Ironside muttering about lapdancers.

Put my name down for an STT, glad that was all computerised as had a bit of a nightmare with cash games list at the Blackpool GUKPT. So this is a big plus in my opinion.

Got going pretty quickly, I like that they have little “STT Packs” with everything ready including little dealer stop clock buttons for the game and we were lucky enough to have a table with an automated shuffler. The STT was excellent and was plenty of play, I managed to come 2nd for £60, was actually chip leader heads up and managed to donk all my chips on a bluff(Bobble??? Bluff??? Never).

Had a few more chats with people before leaving about 3.00. Wasn’t happy with the Travel Lodge as I had booked a room and even rang to let them know we would be quite late and they assured me it wasn’t a problem. Got there to be told they had no rooms left, even though the money had already been taken from my account. So they palmed us off to another hotel which was over 10 minute drive away. Quite glad to be honest as I think there was some sort of party or stag night as there were loads of drunk people coming in and out for a smoke.

Anyway back to the club, what a place, it really is above and beyond anywhere I have played before. Nothing has been overlooked and every detail is best of the best.  Once all the staff have settled in to a routine it will be truly faultless.

I feel very proud to have been apart of the team and has been amazing to watch it go from being an empty building site to this, and watching people actually sat down playing and enjoying themselves was really the cherry on the cake.

I really applaud Rob, Nick and everyone else that has worked so hard to make this club happen and I am so pleased for everybody that the opening weekend finally arrived.

Hope to see you all at the tables soon.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 04:31:38 AM »

I am soooooo sick not to have went this weekend.

Sounds like you had fun Kate and everyone else..looking forward to making my first visit.

Im sure I am one of thousands to be delighted that DTD has beaten the big guns and I wish Rob and all his gang the best for the future xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kaibobble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »

I did thanks Suzanne.

I am just really glad I registered online before I went otherwise I would have been really stressing with all the traffic, I think this is a marvelous feature and it makes things so much easier whether you know you will be there on time or not.

For anyone who is planning on going next weekend the tournaments are already up on dtdpoker.com if you wish to register.

Go to "Tourney" -> "Events" and they start from "LIVE DTD DEC 6 £50"

If you do register and can't make it last minute you can ring through to the club and unregister (before last club tournament registration).

We already have people registered for the next 2 weeks which is great.

Best of luck everyone.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »

I did thanks Suzanne.

I am just really glad I registered online before I went otherwise I would have been really stressing with all the traffic, I think this is a marvelous feature and it makes things so much easier whether you know you will be there on time or not.

For anyone who is planning on going next weekend the tournaments are already up on dtdpoker.com if you wish to register.

Go to "Tourney" -> "Events" and they start from "LIVE dtd DEC 6 £50"

If you do register and can't make it last minute you can ring through to the club and unregister (before last club tournament registration).

We already have people registered for the next 2 weeks which is great.

Best of luck everyone.

Ive just preregistered online, what do we have to do? Just tell them our ID and hand over our card at the cash desk? Or will we have to give them our password?
Kaibobble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 02:40:53 PM »

Yeah just let them know you are there when you arrive at the club, never give out your password to anyone.

DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 04:42:06 PM »

Just curious among the hype, are the rake structures employed standard? I'm reading a £0.50/1 game is £10 cap at 5%. 10 big hands is stacking someone...pretty sick, no?

Let me explain how the rake works.

First on a small game the cap will be very rarely be reached, to take £5 would require a pot of £100 , £10 would require a pot of £200 . Secondly assume action of raise , 4 callers putting money in the pot then an all in reraise preflop and all pass , if there is NO FLOP there is NO DROP. Also as i show below we only ever take the lowest rake. Hope this all helps , rake stops the game breaking up when time collection comes which no one wants to pay when they are losing and also of course only the winners pay , so of course you could have 3 losing hours but you have paid no session charges.

Here i have rewritten our website to make it clearer.

Cash Games

dusk till dawn provides cash games for all levels of poker players:

Lowest Priced Games

Example 1 
50p/£1 NL
Minimum buy-in £40
Maximum buy-in £100

Example 2

£1/£2 NL
Minimum buy-in £80
Maximum buy-in £200

Example 3

£2/£5 PLO
Minimum buy-in £200
No maximum buy-in

Highest Priced Games

£25/£50 blinds
Minimum buy-in £2000
No maximum buy-in

Charges and Rake

50p/£1 - £1/£2   raked at 5% up to a cap of £5

£2/£5 - £5/£10  raked at 5% up to a cap of £10

£10/£20 - £25/£50 raked at 5% up to a cap of £15

On all games no matter what betting takes place NO FLOP = NO RAKE.

In a 0.50 £1 game no rake is taken until the pot reaches £10, in all other games no rake is taken until the pot reaches £20.

Rake is always taken at the lower level e.g. if a pot is £20, 5% rake is £1, if the pot is £40, 5% rake is £2 but if the pot is £39 only £1 rake is taken.

A dealer can be provided for heads up play at a cost of £20 per hour.

Games which are spread individually are Texas Hold 'Em and Omaha.

We also run a Dealer's Choice game which offers Hold 'Em, Irish, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Stud and Stud Hi/Lo.

Additional games may be provided if there is sufficient demand.

Our staff will be fully trained in all the games that we offer.

dusk till dawn will always endeavour to be competitive within the industry, providing the best service at an affordable price.

Cheers

ACES

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2007, 04:54:03 PM »

finished 13th in the £500..gutted is the word that comes to mind:-(
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2007, 05:00:15 PM »

UL Fran Sad

Good to luck to James who is still in, hes says DTD is amazing, read about it on the blog, CMON THE SICKDOGG!!
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »

Cheers Simon, I guess I'm so used to online it appears bigger than it probably is. Looking forward to checking the club out next Thursday anyway!
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »

UL Fran Sad

Good to luck to James who is still in, hes says dtd is amazing, read about it on the blog, CMON THE SICKDOGG!!
thanks i was on james table when he first arrived..knew after a few hands he would make the final.
Sam Trickett is the only local left in so im hoping he takes it down..he does well in these soet of comps so fingers crossed for him and james.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »

James who ? And how many are left in ?

I didn't realise that the £500 was a two-day event either.

Unlucky Fran, but another good performance. Look on the bright side, it's saved you a fortune in babysitter's fees Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »

james aikenhead(thinks that how you spell it,lol)

yes i suppose i got off cheap,he he..but was still gutted.

final table of 9 playing tonight i think ralf
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: