blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "To Blog or Not To Blog" that is the question  (Read 66178 times)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 11, 2008, 11:48:53 PM »

Hi Craig,

been meaning to pm you hows things with you, how is the visa situ coming along?  if only they knew how good we had it in the sun
thumbs up
pm sent

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »

Great read Jim, & loved the photos of the scenery, though, to be fair, it's not a patch on Derbyshire, not enough green. A tad ahead of Romford, though, I agree.

This I loved......the Yanks really do "get" Customer Service, eh?

When you sit at the table the dealer asks you for your players card. They swipe you in on a system the same as in the MGM. They have a little terminal in front of them which tells them the names of each player and what seat they are sitting in. So as i get my players card back im greeted by Thank You James good luck. Only a little thing again but for me it counts. When thr dealer changes the new dealer also knows your name and can refer to you by name if he needs to. It also lets all the players on the table know each other by name and makes a more relaxed and friendly place to play.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »

Great read Jim, & loved the photos of the scenery, though, to be fair, it's not a patch on Derbyshire, not enough green. A tad ahead of Romford, though, I agree.

doing romford a little injustice i feel!

just to the north of romford there is some wonderful countryside, old bedford park spreads across to hainault and epping forests where the scenery and wildlife are fantastic.
of course not a patch on derbyshire but still it can be a beautiful part of the country.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2008, 03:49:30 PM »

doing romford a little injustice i feel!

just to the north of romford there is some wonderful countryside, old bedford park spreads across to hainault and epping forests where the scenery and wildlife are fantastic.
of course not a patch on derbyshire but still it can be a beautiful part of the country.

There are parts of Essex which, in truth, are almost bearable. Be better when the hills they have ordered arrive, though. But even flattest, dullest, Essex - & it is largely flat & dull compared to Derbyshire, Wiltshire, Herefordshire, Sussex, etc - beats any part of America hands down. Shame we can't - DTD & APAT apart (Wink) run Poker Comps & Ring Games too well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2008, 03:57:30 PM »

Derbyshire, Wiltshire, Herefordshire, Sussex,

Ahem.....

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2008, 03:59:01 PM »

Ahem.....

Oops.....Red-DogShire. Being, one assumes, Yorkshire?

Yorkshire does not count as British Tom. Yorkshire IS a Country.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2008, 04:04:57 PM »

Ahem.....

Oops.....Red-DogShire. Being, one assumes, Yorkshire?

Yorkshire does not count as British Tom. Yorkshire IS a Country.

I once asked a Yorkshire man what the difference between him and a Derbyshire man was.

"A Derbyshire man" He replied, "Is exactly t' same as a Yorkshire man, but wi' 'is brains battered ahtt"

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2008, 05:08:44 PM »

I saw an episode of QI and they spoke about a giant metor landing in England and where would it land. They agreed it would land in Yorkshire being as its the biggest county also that the people of Yorkshire would be happy with it even if it destroy 1/2 the county. They would be proud of it and pleased it didnt land in Lancashire

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »

beats any part of America hands down.

lol ridiculouscommentaments

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »

Glad you already said it

An entire continent does not have parts as beautiful as a relatively small island...It had me laughing for a while.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2008, 10:08:13 AM »

Glad you already said it

An entire continent does not have parts as beautiful as a relatively small island...It had me laughing for a while.

Yes, this really was a ridiculous comment.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:27 AM »

Glad you already said it

Ah but, Mr Bold. If you or I, or any man on this forum were to say, "my wife is the most beautiful woman in the world" It would be true, for beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Argue with that if you dare.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2008, 11:10:26 AM »

Case closed ... Red Dog stops play LOLOLOL

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2008, 01:44:36 PM »

Glad you already said it

Well, I should have added..."in my personal opinion".......

The sort of countryside beauty I admire most is only possible in a temperate climate, and in more than 20 visits to Africa, I've never seen Countryside which appeals to me, though Kenya, lush & tropical, has the requisite amount of greenery & foliage, though a somewhat restricted range of tree varieties.

Much of mainland Europe lacks enough topsoil to sustain much grass or tree growth, though Sweden & Norway are particularly pleasing to my eye.

America? I've not been there many times - 6, maybe 8, & I've not travelled much in the USA outside of California, Nevada, New York, & Hawaii. Even the much-vaunted Hawaii lacks much topsiol, being volcanic, so it's more rocky outcrops than lush grass. Red Rock, in Nevada, is "dramatic" to my eye, rather than beautiful. Not enough greenery, see?

Great Britain has rolling hills, lush pasture & meadows, patchwork-quilt fields, divided by hedgerows & dry-stone walls, meandering rivers & streams, a larger variety of trees than almost anywhere on earth, (I have a thing about trees), & the countryside supports a lovely variety of bird & animal-life. Great Britain is, to my mind, truly God's Country. (I exempt Essex from my comments - obviously. Essex is, metaphorically, our armpit, or anus, or the inside of a nostril).

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2008, 02:15:37 PM »

Glad you already said it

I exempt Essex from my comments - obviously. Essex is, metaphorically, our armpit, or anus, or the inside of a nostril.

It had often been said that if God was to do a colonic he would insert the tube in Southend. I agree.   
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: