blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400180 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007, 08:15:01 PM »

Great to read that Maureen:

Glad you were all able to enjoy the day you so richly deserve.

I think this is the news we were ALL hoping to read.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 08:18:10 PM »

Great to read that Maureen:

Glad you were all able to enjoy the day you so richly deserve.

I think this is the news we were ALL hoping to read.

Seconded.

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »

Had a great day, he is not 100% energy wise but is now tucked up in bed after a wonderful immediate only family day.  Feel quite confident that he will now remain home until am on the 27th, we did have a close call last night but the temp did not go above what we were instructed to return to hossy with. Happy Christmas all, and thanks forall the posotive thoughts,  vibes and candles  which I am sure really help.

Take care all Maureen and family.xxxx

great news Maureen.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 10:19:18 PM »

thumbs up xx

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 11:17:06 AM »

Blimey, just catching up on the posts and my heart sank at the start of this thread, but was lifted by the end.  Delighted to hear he got to spend Christmas at home and will keep fingers crossed for an 'all clear' tomorrow.  You're an amazing family!  Hugs to Reece and all. 

xx 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 11:31:33 AM »

Gald you were able to spend Christmas at home , goodluck for the 27th .

Charmaine

xx

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 12:17:24 PM »

Just a couple of pic's

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 12:21:39 PM »

Only just seen this thread.  So glad Reece was able to spend Christmas at home, and thanks for posting the pics.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow x

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 05:19:59 PM »

Glad he's up and rareing to go .Good luck for the op,he''ll be in good hands.

Brendan. x

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »

Young Reece had the scheduled intrusive surgery today, & he's back home now. He's on morphine & has tubes & pipes coming from all over him. Mum & Nan & Grandad are, as you can imagine, a bit non-plussed by the sight of the little lad who was enjoying his Christmas 48 hours ago, but now with all this medical paraphanolia going off.

However, the fact that he's back at home must be an excellent sign.

More news later.

It's difficult to imagine what the family must be going through.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »

No Tony. not back home, I meant back out of surgury, miss read his txt as well as his cards.(lol).xx

Reece is still out for the count after his surgury, on opening him up it was seen that the dilated part of the bowel that we were hoping was more dilated than it was is just not quite dilated enought to perform the Bianchi proceedure to lenghten the bowel, but the good news is that instead of the origianl 17cm he had this has grown to approx 45cm, which gives the surgeon a bit more to play with. Reece has now another large cut to his tummy and 2 more tubes coming out, these will be used over the next 4 - 6 months to stretch the dilated bit more, (this will not start 'till after monday when he has recouperated a little). Then after a few months he will then go to surgury again in hope that it has dilated more to then attempt to lenghten the bowel.

So he is now linked up to morphine and drips and drains , but still managed a quiet I  Love You Grandma, bless him, 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 07:50:40 PM »

No Tony. not back home, I meant back out of surgury, miss read his txt as well as his cards.(lol).xx

Reece is still out for the count after his surgury, on opening him up it was seen that the dilated part of the bowel that we were hoping was more dilated than it was is just not quite dilated enought to perform the Bianchi proceedure to lenghten the bowel, but the good news is that instead of the origianl 17cm he had this has grown to approx 45cm, which gives the surgeon a bit more to play with. Reece has now another large cut to his tummy and 2 more tubes coming out, these will be used over the next 4 - 6 months to stretch the dilated bit more, (this will not start 'till after monday when he has recouperated a little). Then after a few months he will then go to surgury again in hope that it has dilated more to then attempt to lenghten the bowel.

So he is now linked up to morphine and drips and drains , but still managed a quiet I  Love You Grandma, bless him, 

Ahh, my apologies Maureen. As you say, another misread......

Anyway, thanks for the explanation.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 01:55:00 AM »

all the best Maureen.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »

Quick update, only been awake for 10 Min's since the op so nothing really to tell apart from they are happy with him being like this. It was expected that he would sleep for quite a while which is best as at least he is not consciously experiencing the pain.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: