blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:03:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 400164 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

Thanks Maureen.

Well, another year has gone by, and Reece is still at the plate, batting like a good un.

I hope 08 is good to you and yours.

XX

Says it all.

What a brave lad he is, but he got lucky too, having such a special Mum, Nanna & Grandpa.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Harmony26

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2007, 07:50:48 PM »

Thanks Maureen.

Well, another year has gone by, and Reece is still at the plate, batting like a good un.

I hope 08 is good to you and yours.

XX

Says it all.

What a brave lad he is, but he got lucky too, having such a special Mum, Nanna & Grandpa.

Well said, both of you.

Thinking of you all,

Bainn & Harmony

"Where there was Harmony, now there is Discord..."
Anon, APAt, Scotland
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »

He's finaly home tucked up in bed but I have to keep him on his machines for 16 hours instead of the usual 12 in order to stop him dehydrating.His temp is a little low at the min so keeping a close eye on that. He is walking slowy and not too much, basically about 30 steps, prefers to be carried and he also lay on the couch for a short period whilst I prepped up his treatment. He still has a drainage bag which he will be keeping as on Wednesday we begin to start stretching his bowel. He can stay home subject to condition until Wednesday, when we have to return him to Pendlebury. It feels bloody great to have him home so very soon but I know we have a long long way to go with him, but have every confidence in Mr Morobito (his surgeon), this guy really does give it his all, he is a very big credit to the NHS, regardless of the outcome we feel so confident in this guy. Anyway darn't stay up too late just incase we have to dash off, so Happy New Year all.XXXXXXXXXX

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:34 PM »

A big up to Mr Morobito.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2007, 10:45:26 PM »

I understand that Morobito means everyone or all people in Japanese. It would seem that he's as good as his name and is a good man. All the best to all the family and my prayers are with you all.

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

We hope 2008 is a wonderful year for Reece.

Best wishes

James & Debbie
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2008, 01:49:47 AM »

My Best Wishes to you all Maureen.

Here's to a Happy 2008.

image removed
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:20:51 PM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
tigger37

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »

Hey Maureen, haven't been on for a while but we were thinking of you on the 27th and glad Reece got to spend Christmas Day at home.  The pics are fab, looks like he had a good day.  Nice for you to get him home last night too for the New Year and his op went ok.  Thinking of you, David and Caz xxxx
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

Hi Maureen,

I hope Reece has had a good week and that everything is progressing well.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 04:06:21 PM »

Hi Bobby

Thanks , been a bit of an up n down so not even tried to post about it. Thanks for the post.x

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »

no probs, when you feel up to it let us know how the little fella is doing.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

A little update..

Reece still has the line infection and has been on various antibiotics since the op, he just can not seem to shake it off. We are treating him at home where he is most happy. He now walks almost normally, apart from some discomfort with all the tubes, but has to go through the bowel stretching proceedure 4 x a day. Each time we put milk into his tummy through his gastrostomy, it is then held there for 2 hours ( this has been increased by 10 mins every so many days, he started off at holding it for 20 mins ),  we then put a bag on one of the new tubes he has coming out of his belly and drain it off, then we recylcy it inton another new tube into his colon, this reminds his bum to function as it is now cut off from the rest of his bowel in order to do this streching of the bowel. It takes up all the day to do this so we dont really get to go far with him, we have received a very kind donation from a blonde member which, when Reece is better, probably after the next op ,  we shall use to take him away for a couple of days but not too sure when that will be. He is doing well but we still have really not got much idea if it is working as he is vomiting quite a lot too.
Photo's to follow tomorrow.

Take care all Maureen.

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »

Thanks for the update Mo.

All the best. X

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Harmony26

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2008, 07:55:54 PM »

Yes, thanks for keeping us informed, Maureen.

Thinking of you all and hoping you can see some success soon with the treatment and that the vomiting will cease.

TC

B&H xxx

"Where there was Harmony, now there is Discord..."
Anon, APAt, Scotland
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »

A little update..

Reece still has the line infection and has been on various antibiotics since the op, he just can not seem to shake it off. We are treating him at home where he is most happy. He now walks almost normally, apart from some discomfort with all the tubes, but has to go through the bowel stretching proceedure 4 x a day. Each time we put milk into his tummy through his gastrostomy, it is then held there for 2 hours ( this has been increased by 10 mins every so many days, he started off at holding it for 20 mins ),  we then put a bag on one of the new tubes he has coming out of his belly and drain it off, then we recylcy it inton another new tube into his colon, this reminds his bum to function as it is now cut off from the rest of his bowel in order to do this streching of the bowel. It takes up all the day to do this so we dont really get to go far with him, we have received a very kind donation from a blonde member which, when Reece is better, probably after the next op ,  we shall use to take him away for a couple of days but not too sure when that will be. He is doing well but we still have really not got much idea if it is working as he is vomiting quite a lot too.
Photo's to follow tomorrow.

Take care all Maureen.

My oh my, what a story Maureen.

We look forward to the pics.

My thoughts are with you all, as ever.

xx

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: