blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 58835 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 06:15:36 PM »

A few other players spotted in these early moments include Antony Lellouche (EPT London finalist), Annette Obrestad (WSOPE Champ), Marc Naalden (EPT Copenhagen finalist) and Isabelle Mercier (er... sex beast and one of snoopy's many female admirers).

Oh, and we are also graced with the presence of the Robin Hood of Poker Barry Greenstein, who has said that any winnings from this week's tournament will be donated to the Beagle Foundation. Hooraah!

Whilst I was watching Barry Greenstein being his usual fatigued, unshaven self, a hand developed with his larger framed neighbour making the correct call for a few thousand on a two hearts board. It was an odd moment because no one wanted to show their hand, and when it was made clear that the bettor had to show first, he mucked his hand in defeat. The victor also threw his hand into the muck as the chips were being passed over to him meaning no cards were seen. Surely that can't be right? Anyhow, as the other players queried this, the defeated player confessed to , which sounds about right.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 06:41:07 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

Jeff Kimber, just as I took this photo, I got a text message from someone asking how to play Ace Jack OOP.

Take a look at this picture from the London EPT. Gosh, it's uncanny, these kids and their phones!

Bit of a card this Kimber chap, when I mentioned that I'd just hand an interview, he said, "Did you get the job?"

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »

isa is due. anyone give me odds on a final table in this (1000+ runners so sensible odds please for a little interest bet)

ariston

better lucky than good
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »

As the hairs stood up on the back on my neck, I realised that something was amiss. Pivoting on the spot, I spotted the cause, and there he was, in all his shiny-headed glory...

drum roll please

Ade Bayo, more formally know as Adebayo Odetoyinbo, the all-singing, all-trash-talking, all-blind-defending face of the Gutshot Club. If you haven't played with him before, then you've missed out on a real treat as I don't think there is anyone as enigmatic in the game as Ade. Think Humberto Brenes on speed, and you might be half way there.

"Aaaaaah, snoopy," he booms, "these guys haven't realised that my blind isn't up for grabs yet."

If only they knew what lay ahead. It's like lambs to the slaughter.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

isa is due. anyone give me odds on a final table in this (1000+ runners so sensible odds please for a little interest bet)

Hmm, what do you think are fair odds. 50-1?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

please ask Jannicke from Betsson to sneak into some more photos.

and good luck to Ade Bayo, the man's a legend

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »

The first photo I took today was a nerve-tingling experience. As soon as I walked into the room, it wasn't the gleaming face of Negreanu or the fleshy surface of half naked girls walking around that caught my eye, but this giant cigar being inhaled by what you might call a Farha-alike. With lightening reactions, I whipped out the camera with the intention of taking a pointless snap of the impressive Cuban cigar, but just as I pressed the flash, the Farha-alike sensed something was up and quickly turned around to face the camera. As the flash startled him like a deer in headlights, he gave me the most suspicious of "why the hell are you taking a photo of me" looks followed by a more menacing "I'm going to get you" glare. Gulp, I hope he isn't mafia! Either way, I decided to pretend that I took the photo by accident by glancing down at my camera bemused, tapping it on the side and quickly heading off tail between my legs.

Anyhow, here he is, I don't know his name, but take a look at that cigar. Isn't it big? Who says size doesn't matter?

Oh, and if Floppy repeats his 'close but no cigar' gag in the form of a post, be sure to commend his effort with a laughing smilie so his feelings don't get hurt.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »

Jeff Kimber: "I check/raised with a set of deuces on an 8-4-2 flop but I checked the 3 turn because the flush came, he checked behind me though and when the 5 came on the river, I thought the only hand I'm losing to is A-8. He'd called my check/raise on the flop with A-Jo..."

Updates on Håkon Bentsen and Magnus Tollefsen would be great.

/tollef

I believe these are your guys.

Magnus Tollefsen

Håkon Bentsen

Tollefsen is sharing a table with Joe 'JoeHachem' Hachem

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »

With this many tables, you end up walking down the aisles hoping to see the jerking of chairs as people exit or the clinking of chips as the dealer scoops together a big pot, and it was the former that enticed me to one of the tables. The board read three clubs , and the American chap exiting stage left was leaving a defeated on the table. His victorious opponent, however, had the mighty Bullets and was happily scooping up a nice pot.

This hand seems to be indicative of many of the early exits today, the departed having chased a flush draw before making that big, bold bluff on the River. From what I've witnessed so far, they seem to be going baps up, so perhaps it might be better to swallow it up and live to fight another day.

By the way, I'll eat my right arm if anyone can name the player who was eliminated in this hand.

tollef
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2008, 06:45:20 PM »

Updates on Håkon Bentsen and Magnus Tollefsen would be great.

/tollef

I believe these are your guys.

Magnus Tollefsen

That seems right. If you are near the table, chipcounts would be appreciated.
Thanks for the great updates!

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »

I will take £20 at 50s if you are offering snoops. see you at walsall next month no doubt.

ariston

better lucky than good
nsidestrate
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »

I'd love to see updates on my man, Matthew Hilger.  He's a poker author and an all-around great guy. 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »

I will take £20 at 50s if you are offering snoops. see you at walsall next month no doubt.

Tempting, but not sure I fancy dumping a grand if I'm wrong.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »

you guys should probably cover clayton "clayton_27" newman

i heard he is sexy o_0

*wink

He's sitting in seat 6 on Table 63, which is the same table as Karl Mahrezholz so I assume this is him. He was just raising a 700 bet from his neighbour in seat 5 on a K-9-4 rainbow board from 700 to 2200 to take it down.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 07:14:09 PM »

Tempting, but not sure I fancy dumping a grand if I'm wrong.

ok gentlemans bet- u win a pint for u, I win its my nightly bar tab at next event we bump into each other at

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: