blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:40:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  So, all three options are possible
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, all three options are possible  (Read 2639 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »

your default line here please

A complete unknown has just sat down late at the table as an alternate

Its a 10k starting chip freezeout with a good clock, £100 buy in, live

At the start of the second level, 50-100

You raise to 300 with  in the cut off, with 9000 behind

button calls

complete unknown calls, so he has 9600 or so behind. Its his first hand. He comments

"ooh we've got 10k chips, thats good,I normally play with much less"

big blind calls

Flop comes 

checked to me

I bet 900, don't mind winning it there and then..if called its a pot builder

passed to complete unknown who insta check raises to 3,000

I consider all three options here, and might do any against different types of player

What is your default line in this spot?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »

pass everytime, its not worth the risk ( unless i have a solid read, which we dont), ge coulc have flopped the any set, have an open ended straight flush draw,  all of which make this hand less attractive.

muck it and move on.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:35:17 PM »

Shove every time, i dont think he can call without a set and his hand looks like a draw.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:41:58 PM »

I shove our hand is two overs with the nut flush draw which has a big amount of equity on this flop and we have enough chips to give us a reasonable amount of fold equity.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 10:54:25 PM »

I think I pass v an unknown
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 11:00:30 PM »

ALL IN!!

madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

My instinct says 'push' but I'm on a draw risking all my chips and he might have the set already. I know nothing about him and the ' oh we got 10k chips' could mean anything. He might be doing a Mantis non verbal thingy...Smiley I guess its about risking what you got to make him fold or hitting the 2 overs/ a lovely spade if he calls..... hmmmmmm  Could I call? Its only 2100 more? If I hit I've got him unless the board pairs:)  The more you think about the answer the more difficlut it becomes. I think I'm calling...lol
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:06:44 PM by madasahatstand » Logged

Patience is a virtue.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:29:48 AM »

Later on in the tournament you could well be crying out for a situation like this and you would push without hesitation. I don't think you should exercise caution here just because it's early!...that doesn't sound like a good enough reason to me. This is a No Limit Hold'em Tournament and you win them by pressuring your opponents and winning pots. You want to kick off your campaign in the right frame of mind and I don't think passively retreating from a situation like this does that. If you push here your oppo almost certainly puts you on a big pair because the action fits that type of hand perfectly. So he can only call this bet with a draw that you are ahead of right now, a set or 2 pair. Flopped sets are quite rare but in that worst case scenario we have the flush draw to fall back on. The point is that feelings of a) It's early b) He could have flopped a monster c) I could loose this hand d) I don't know him....are feelings you want your oppo to be battling with when YOU push, not worrying unnecessarily about them yourself.

Calling the re-raise is a non-starter because you will never win. If the spade doesn't come you probably get pushed off the pot if a brick hits the turn and if the flush DOES come your oppo probably shuts down and you wont get paid.

mad says her instinct is to push and we all know we should be following our instincts more in poker.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 04:49:19 AM »

I dont even think this is marginal  taking into consideration a clock of less than an hour and an average field for a 1/2 decent player. Flushy could find better spots though prolly. 
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 07:49:27 AM »

Later on in the tournament you could well be crying out for a situation like this and you would push without hesitation. I don't think you should exercise caution here just because it's early!...that doesn't sound like a good enough reason to me. This is a No Limit Hold'em Tournament and you win them by pressuring your opponents and winning pots. You want to kick off your campaign in the right frame of mind and I don't think passively retreating from a situation like this does that. If you push here your oppo almost certainly puts you on a big pair because the action fits that type of hand perfectly. So he can only call this bet with a draw that you are ahead of right now, a set or 2 pair. Flopped sets are quite rare but in that worst case scenario we have the flush draw to fall back on. The point is that feelings of a) It's early b) He could have flopped a monster c) I could loose this hand d) I don't know him....are feelings you want your oppo to be battling with when YOU push, not worrying unnecessarily about them yourself.

Calling the re-raise is a non-starter because you will never win. If the spade doesn't come you probably get pushed off the pot if a brick hits the turn and if the flush DOES come your oppo probably shuts down and you wont get paid.

mad says her instinct is to push and we all know we should be following our instincts more in poker.

I push Smiley lol 

Patience is a virtue.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 10:22:09 AM »

I pushed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 10:50:20 AM »

You say all 3 options are viable, but i'm never calling here, 1 of 2 options...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »

pushey wushey Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 11:24:12 AM »

I like the push here. 

If he's got the set he's calling and you're looking for the spade, if not you've won a nice pot.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 01:24:41 PM »

the call is horrible and we should never be considering it here.

the pass is not terrible if you don't like coin flipping for your tourney early on but I'm lumping it all in here.

we have massive FE with the push and the only hands we're scared of here are 44, 55 and TT (I'm assuming he won't have called PF with a 2 pair hand  and would've reraised with AA). Everything else we're either way ahead of or we're flipping.

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: