blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:51:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 42036 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 05:06:33 PM »

If Day 1's story was all about the rapid rise and equally quick fall of the Monte Carlo Winner Gavin Griffin, yesterday, at least from our perspective, was Thewy's jump into the top five having started the day with just 16k. Early on, it was all grinding but followed by a late explosion to the top. Elsewhere, the online player 'Rizen' is the chip leader, and already some in the media have him nailed on for a final table appearance already.

Today, we'll be trying to get down to 36 players which will be a bit of dance as we get around the bubble. Get ready for it to be slow, slow, quick, slow as we make it into the money.

Also happening today is the $2k Battleships Event, which starts at 3pm today. It'll be able to be viewed on the Pokerstars site, with 32 people playng today and another 32 tomorrow. Dan Carter is in as 'DanistheKing'. We'll have a full list for todays players later, and if anyone wants to post updates about it, feel free to put them on here. First prize in that competition looks to be $44,800, the final being at 9pm (2am UK) tomorrow night.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 05:08:37 PM »

Really looking forward to it today, if possible keep an eye out for Asa Smith for me on table 17 seat 5. Hes definitely got the game to kick on and reach the last 36, fingers crossed!!!!

Ok, he's down as being from the UK, is that correct?

Yes thats correct, little town in Herefordshire called Ledbury.

Is he a member also?

Ledbury is also home to the Silurian Border Morris men

image removed
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:49:01 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »

Hi thanks for great updates!

Could you follow Håkon Bentsen today as well? It would be much appreciated! Smiley

Table 17 seat 6 i think.

With a stone in my hand and two birds seated next to one another, I quickly took the opportunity to snap neighbour Asa Smith and Hakon Bentsen, both in seemingly high spirits. It certainly a thumbs up from Asa.

We don't seem to know too much about these two chaps, so if you can provide us with any more information on them (what they play, how long have they been playing, etc), then please let us know.

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 05:20:59 PM »

Also happening today is the $2k Battleships Event, which starts at 3pm today. It'll be able to be viewed on the Pokerstars site, with 32 people playng today and another 32 tomorrow. Dan Carter is in as 'DanistheKing'. We'll have a full list for todays players later, and if anyone wants to post updates about it, feel free to put them on here. First prize in that competition looks to be $44,800, the final being at 9pm (2am UK) tomorrow night.

Good luck to Dan, where can I find it on Stars? I had a look in the tourney/special tab the tourney/private tab and the PCA tab but can't see it 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »

As the players awaited the starting whistle like an uber-excited FA Cup Final crowd, I also caught sight of Craig Hopkins, currently sharing a table with Julian Thew but enjoying a bit of banter with the rest of the table. Again, he doesn't seem too nervous given what is up for grabs.

So come on then, why is he called the Apple?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »

Equally cucumber cool is this cheeky fellow, British player Andrew Teng. To be honest, I don't think anything is going to unnerver this guy, he appears to be one of those incredibly confident Internet whizzes who, I'm assuming, plays on the PokerStars network and posts on 2+2. He seems like a nice guy, and could be a dark horse for making the final.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 05:27:16 PM »

Equally cucumber cool is this cheeky fellow, British player Andrew Teng. To be honest, I don't think anything is going to unnerver this guy, he appears to be one of those incredibly confident Internet whizzes who, I'm assuming, plays on the PokerStars network and posts on 2+2. He seems like a nice guy, and could be a dark horse for making the final.

Oh my god, he must buy his hoodies from the same place Noah Boeken does. It looks like a toy shop threw up on it.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 05:27:49 PM »

I know one thing for sure, he will never ever ever get run over in that outfit!!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »

Aaah is this Tufat from 2p2, got a super lag game on him if I remember correctly.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »

Perhaps only Mrs Thew will recognise these fine trunks, but before you accuse me of any homosexual tendencies, there is a logical explanation as to why I am snapping Yoyo's nether regions. Noticing that Hevad Khan was lurking a few seats down, our Julian skipped over like an histerical Take That fan to greet his opponent, but somehow managed to spill his coffee down his pearly white trousers in the process. Julian may be as cool as the Fonz at the table, but when those cards aren't flying, he's about as cumbersome as an elephant in clown shoes.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 05:28:44 PM »

I know one thing for sure, he will never ever ever get run over in that outfit!!

Are you kidding? Who could miss?
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

tufat23 on 2+2 and stars nick of vikkyg85
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

I feel left out, so I'm going to quote him too.

For what it's worth, I quite like that hoody, and I think Noah Boeken is very hip.
tollef
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »

Hi thanks for great updates!

Could you follow Håkon Bentsen today as well? It would be much appreciated! Smiley

Table 17 seat 6 i think.

With a stone in my hand and two birds seated next to one another, I quickly took the opportunity to snap neighbour Asa Smith and Hakon Bentsen, both in seemingly high spirits. It certainly a thumbs up from Asa.

We don't seem to know too much about these two chaps, so if you can provide us with any more information on them (what they play, how long have they been playing, etc), then please let us know.

I don't know for Asa Smith, but can post some information about Håkon Bentsen. He's mainly playing small stakes tournaments and cash-games on PokerStars and Everest as HBsen. I think he's played for about 3 years or so, but not that much live, since live poker is forbidden in Norway. He won his seat into PCA in an all norwegian tournament series, where top 3 from two tournaments got into a 6-seat freeroll where the winner got the seat. We're a bunch following him tonight, so the updates on him is really appreciated. Thank you very much!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »

As the players awaited the starting whistle like an uber-excited FA Cup Final crowd, I also caught sight of Craig Hopkins, currently sharing a table with Julian Thew but enjoying a bit of banter with the rest of the table. Again, he doesn't seem too nervous given what is up for grabs.

So come on then, why is he called the Apple?

Because he plays like his "Granny Smith" ?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: