blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1b: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1b: Interactive  (Read 38818 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2008, 08:51:42 PM »

News has reached me of various eliminations.

To bring you up to speed here they are!

Roberto Romanello, the silver toungued Welshman, had got rather short and his verbal acuity couldn't get him out of his predicament. I didn't see his exit hand, but i doubt he went quietly...

Has to be the word of the day: I thought you made it up but obviously not, oh for an education!!!!

a·cu·i·ty     

NOUN:

Acuteness of vision or perception; keenness

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 08:52:53 PM »

Any crazy Alli Mallu/Mick Fletcher type hands?

Um, no. Sad

Except for this one. Smiley

Ali Mallu went out a little while back, most unfortunately (thanks, Phil):

Ali and two other players saw a 4-7-9 flop and a Ten on the turn. A which point it all went crazy. Guy A bet, and Guy B moved in over the top. Then Ali Mallu moved over the top of that, and Guy A called.

On their backs, Ali Mallu - 6-8 for the made straight
Guy A - 9-9 for the set
Guy B - A-Q, for, er, Ace-high

But the river is another Seven giving Guy A a full house and sending Ali hurtling most undignifiedly (probably) to the rail. Unlucky. We think the lucky winner of the 40k pot was either Adrian Passfield or Daniel Evans.

Mick Fletcher's still in, though, apparently very comfortable on around 35k. Will endeavour to hover around his table...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »

Come ONNNNN all you Guests, sign up, sign in! Not only will you be able to harass all your favourite updaters for chip counts and photos of your favourite players, but you will also prevent me and Junglecat from being mercilessly beaten by Floppy and Tightend when we get home! Pity us! Join the blondepoker community today! Signing up is quick, free and easy, like Snoopy.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

Come ONNNNN all you Guests, sign up, sign in! Not only will you be able to harass all your favourite updaters for chip counts and photos of your favourite players, but you will also prevent me and Junglecat from being mercilessly beaten by Floppy and Tightend when we get home! Pity us! Join the blondepoker community today! Signing up is quick, free and easy, like Snoopy.

I would be free and easy if i had a good looking girl who likes to strum her own banjo to 

scared

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »

anyone know what happened to jeff buff last night? had big chip stack then was missing off the final list. is he out?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »

anyone know what happened to jeff buff last night? had big chip stack then was missing off the final list. is he out?

Yes he's definitely out. We are equally mystified as to how his stack seemed to spontaneously combust in such a short amount of time but no one in the press room seems to have any idea how...

Jon tells me Joe Grech was his final executioner, taking his last few chips but he had a big hit just before he joined a new table.

If I find someone who was on his table returning tomorrow, I'll see if I can get some more details...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Kara

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2008, 09:22:04 PM »

How is Liv Boeree doing?

liam flood
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2008, 09:25:56 PM »

great updates.liam
Kara

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »

I second that! Smiley

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »

Players are on a short break. We should have full chip counts after that.

In the meantime  I can tell you that our current chip leader is probably Steve Jelinek (probably I will be humiliated when the official counts come through) on 46k.

Other counts -
Dave Colcough - around 13k
Liv Boeree - 15k, although she told Sharplea to put her down as 20k
Rob Taylor - 23k, which is pretty impressive as he was down to just 3k at the end of Level 3. His new sponsor, Green Joker Poker's Mike Lacey, is celebrating by outdrawing full houses with quads in the cash game and drinking heavily.
Dubai looks like he has a massive, in fact uncountably-by-the-the-naked-eye-massive stack, but actually he doesn't seem to have that many purple chips (the good ones). Like I said, official counts on their way...

OUT I'm afraid is our Bruce Lee-a-likey S. Wan. Hopefully the guy who took him out lived to tell the tale.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2008, 09:32:15 PM »

great updates.liam

Thanks!

I second that! Smiley

Thanks!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

Correction:

I have misrepresented Liv Boeree; she's actually on 19.5k.
Kara

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:34 PM »

Woo hoo!!

Thanks Dana Smiley

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »

Mick Fletcher is sharing a table with Craig Owen, Luke Patten and a bunch of people I don't recognise. No massive fireworks during my time hovering, but I saw Fletcher take a pot off of Luke Patten, betting a paltry 1k on an A-x-Q-K board. Spectacular stuff.

Woody Deck has been going crazy though, massively raising Grant Mercado's 3.5k bet on the two hearts flop. Mercado folds and Woody shows 6-8 offsuit. Mercado looked like he'd been Decked.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »

Hi Danafish,new to this site but enjoying it a lot!!

Any chance on an update on a couple of lads from Blackpool??   Adam Clark aka Clarkatroid (on line) and Lee Bidolph who has won a million bucks in a touney!! believe clarkatroid is runiing well, look out for him! any chance of a piccy??
Cheers Jase.

Sorry Jase, had to move your post to its rightful home here as I foolishly left the at a glance thread unlocked.

Adam Clark and Lee Bidolph. I'll do my best to track them down...Dana is out and about with the camera at the moment, so as soon as I have that in my possession we'll see what we can do.

Incidentally there is a small issue where our version of the structure used in the clock above is slightly different to that employed by Blue Square this year.

As a result the current level is not 200 400 as showing but is in fact 300 600 with a 25 ante. This will be rectified as soon as possible...

Chip counts for the end of level 6 are about to be sent through so they will be going up shortly
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 10:11:07 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: