blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1b: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton Day 1b: Interactive  (Read 38842 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

Is Allin J Rappaport wearing tails and have a large cigar clenched between his teeth and a bigger moustache than Red-dog ?

"Are you married? Are you rich? Answer the second question first..."

bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »

it cant be long before we get the 1st person to get mallued in a gukpt
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »

I just spoke to Richard "rudders" Rudling-Smith, who is currently sitting on 11,000. "I've been lagging it up" said Rudders excitedly! I gave him a slightly dubious look, as I am familiar with his game.

"Really.....?"

"Yes! Well I've had a few hands too...."

No ***t! He seems in good spirits anyway and has the game to run deep given a few cards.

Dubai has a large stack after apparently hitting a straight flush, the rack.  He seems intent on maintaining his expression of complete disinterest though, despite the positive fluctuations occurring in his stack...

Good luck big man...

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »

The early levels of poker events tend to be replete with slightly bleary-eyed and tired players, quietly working their way through the shallow blinded levels until the more exciting later levels kick in and they awake from their lethargic slumber and begin to chatter and move chips about more animatedly.

There are exceptions to this rule of course. Roberto Romanello is one of the obvious examples of this... As I traversed the rows of zombie-esque players, many of who seem barely concious, Roberto's stream of incessant chatter immediately drew my attention...

He was involved in a pot with Dave Smith on a flop and Dave had just moved in for 2k or so...

"What have you got Dave? You want a call? I can't beat much! Do you have T-J? I can beat that! Do you have a pair??"

"I don't have a pair" Dave told him before Roberto laughed "How can I fold?" and called.

"I've got trips" said Dave to a ripple of laughter from the assembled onlookers drawn in by Roberto's patter like moths to a loud, welsh light.

"Haha, I'm drawing dead then" said Roberto showing to Dave's rather juicy Q-Q set...

Dave "Dubai" Shallow was quiet, looking like he may have had a late one (or two) recently. Tut tut!

Still, he also looked as if he might have added a chip or two to his quietly growing stack at this early stage so perhaps it is all a cunningly designed ploy...

Scintillating reportage  

The older I get, the better I was.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

Double up for Charles Denton courtesy of Bruce Lee-a-likey unknown first-namer S. Wan (coincidentally sitting next to someone whose surname is Swan. Spooky.) on Table Dubai.

All in on an flop, the turn is the and the river the harmless three clubs so Denton's made straight holds up against Wan's drawlicious-and-preflop-dominatey .

Charles Denton, pictured on the right with some new friends obviously having a lovely time (beer just out of shot):

Bruce Lee:

S Wan:

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2008, 05:57:26 PM »

Hi di hi blonde reportaroonies. I'm back home in sunny Sharnford. Today I will mostly be kissing the wife, cuddling the dog, and reading the updates. (though not necessarily in that order).

so you have been reading the updates Tom, have you cuddled the wife and kissed the dog yet?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2008, 06:00:17 PM »

Photos To Accompany Earlier Chip Counts:

Rob Garfield, cheerful as ever:

Robert "To The Max" Wilfred (no improvement yet from whatever incident halved his stack):

Click to see full-size image.

Danny "I Ain't Gonna Take It Deli-lying Down" oh my God I'm getting desperate now Samson:

Lovely Liv Boeree, twice. With and without flash, before and after she noticed I was taking photos. Enjoy.

HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »

I think the thread title may be incorrect on this page: http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/14707 ?

Go Stuart Nutter!

dad dont dance
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2008, 06:02:46 PM »

Dave Colcough, thrilled to be wearing the blondepoker colours:

Incidentally I came back to the press room and found something plugged into my laptop. "Oh cool!" say I, "Someone's given me a free iPhone!" To my enormous disappointment I am told that it in fact belongs to DC and I am under no circumstances to wipe all the music off of it and replace it with banjo music. Under no circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 06:04:42 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »

-------------- DINNER BREAK -----------

We're braving the buffet...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »

Just before we throw ourselves into the enormouos dinner queue, a smattering of chip counts for you guys.

Priyan De Mel -22k or so...

Here he is, looking pleased with his day's work so far...

Albert "Honey Monster" Sapiano has been relatively quiet today, at least as far as I have noticed. His stack appears to have dwindled to 6k or so. Looks like he's been missing a few flops...

Sunny Chattha is happy, he won a big pot with K-K vs Q-Q and the hitsquad member is up and around the 20k mark at the moment.

Luke Patten has roughly 15k...sadly Paul Parker is down to roughly 6k or so...

Dave Colclough just grabbed by notepad off me as I passed by him and scribbled a note out for me. Here it is virtually unedited.

"Biggest pot on table 5.

508(Robert Cowen) limps with 44, 505 (Tony Ringe) raises to 1100 and he calls.

The flop come 4-4-2

Check raise both the table chip leaders allin for another 17.5k each. Quads wins 37k pot..."

I guess this means that Robert will be our chip leader at the dinner break and it looks like that's the end of the tournament for Tony Ringe...

Finally, I asked the beautiful and highly photogenic Dena if I could take a quick photo of her, for general blonde norkage purposes and she reluctantly agreed.

Here is the lovely lady...

Ok, off to stuff my face but we'll be back soon guys...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »

Friends, I never thought I'd say this:

The buffet's pretty damn good.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »

Superlative norkage pics, thank you...apart from the George Michael one obv!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 07:12:15 PM »

Superlative norkage pics, thank you...apart from the George Michael one obv!

Agreed.  But the resemblance is uncanny - don't you think?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: