blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610665 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25800 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »

Anyway Mr Mo, you seem very clued up on all this motorcycle malarkey. What's your story?

Potted bio please.... 
Motorcycling Bio?

To begin with, yes.

Please..

The older I get, the better I was.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #25801 on: October 16, 2014, 10:31:26 PM »

Ladders, talk to me.

My name's Terry Tibbs.

Allez!!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25802 on: October 16, 2014, 10:40:12 PM »

I get wooshed so often these days.....

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25803 on: October 17, 2014, 01:43:58 AM »

Dear Mr Dog

To distract you from accusing Tal of being a druggie pimp who lives on the streets playing chess (if i read it correctly)

the M1 today

your guess would be.....?

Readers of my diary would have got that straight away, they are considerably more erudite.

It is a brewery silo.

Next question.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25804 on: October 17, 2014, 01:58:01 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25805 on: October 17, 2014, 09:49:12 AM »

A fallen soldier's bedroom, kept untouched by his parents, is the way he left it, 96 years since he went to war:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/14/french-soldier-room-unchanged-first-world-war

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25806 on: October 17, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »

A fallen soldier's bedroom, kept untouched by his parents, is the way he left it, 96 years since he went to war:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/14/french-soldier-room-unchanged-first-world-war

What an amazing story Rich.

Strange to think there were a million other young men's rooms that didn't get preserved.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25807 on: October 17, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »

I've been recording Henry Cole's The World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides on the Travel Channel Red - well worth watching. Inspirational Smiley

Watched an episode of this.  Would have been better if he had carried all his gear instead of having a back-up truck.

I watched part of an episode too but I have to say I couldn't get on with it.

The trips looked wonderful and the scenery was awesome, but the commentary was so superficial and lacking in detail.

He keeps making comments like, "Your sat-nav won't work, so bring a map".

Why? Why won't your sat-nav work FFS?

Then, at the end of a day, the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then its tomorrow already. There he is, all washed, fed and cheerful, ready for the next day's ride.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25808 on: October 18, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »

Hi Tom, you were asking me some questions about my experiences with boarding-school over on Smashy and Nicey's thread, and I will do my best to give you some proper answers.

I was an only child until I was five years old, the apple of my parents eye or so I thought until my brother came along. Two years later just after my seventh birthday I was taken to Waterloo station by my mum and put on the school train with a bunch of other kids of various ages all wearing the same school uniform. I felt a bit numb.

It was 1955, very much in the immediate post-war era. It was like being in the army I suppose with a very ordered routine. We slept in dormitaries with an average of about a dozen boys in each grouped together according to age. There must have been 80-odd boys in total with me the youngest at 7  and the oldest would have been 13.

Meals were taken in one sitting for the whole school and the food was edible but unexciting. There were 15/20 boys in each class and some of the teachers were good others less so. We had pens with nibs and inkwells in the desks. In the beginning I was always in the top two or three in my class but as time wore on my results got progressively worse as I grew to hate the school.

Corporal punishment was frequent ranging from slapped knuckles with a ruler, open handed clips around the ear to caning for serious offences. There were also a couple of masters who had no right to be around young boys.

I became difficult and resentful when I came home for school holidays. The rebellious seeds had been sown. My relationship with my mum who I felt had abandonded me after my brother arrived became strained and I couldn't abide my brother who was always "the good boy" whereas I was always cast as the villain.

My favourite subjects at school as you correctly surmised were languages, English, French, and oddly enough Latin. I was far more interested in football though.

I never really had a clue what I wanted to  do when I "grew up" mostly because I was never really encouraged to follow my own instincts. I was always the square peg getting shoved into a round hole of someone else's choosing, which obviously I rebelled against.

On the whole I always got along well with my dad although I didn't really get to spend enough time with him until much later in life.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25809 on: October 18, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »

Well I've written and deleted half a dozen 'full of admiration' replies because don't want to spoil the mood.

I'll just stick to questions. (Feel free to ignore any or all of them)

Who wore the trousers, was it mum or dad?

Did you get punished at home when you mis-behaved?

Did you have any close friends as a kid?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25810 on: October 18, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »

Plastic objects found in albatross chick carcasses including fishing tackle and items of personal hygiene

This is a long article. but totally worth the effort.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29631332

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25811 on: October 18, 2014, 06:03:39 PM »

Well I've written and deleted half a dozen 'full of admiration' replies because don't want to spoil the mood.

I'll just stick to questions. (Feel free to ignore any or all of them)

Who wore the trousers, was it mum or dad?

Did you get punished at home when you mis-behaved?

Did you have any close friends as a kid?

My mum always got her way as dad just wanted a quiet life so in that sense she wore the trousers, she certainly would have decided where we went to school.

I was punished but never hit or beaten at home after misbehaving.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25812 on: October 18, 2014, 09:10:26 PM »

Quiz question. (No googling)

Why are motorcycle side stands on the left of the bike, even in countries where they drive on the right?

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #25813 on: October 18, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »

Great question Tom - hadn't a clue so googled, now annoyed at myself for not getting it.

Found an ingenious mod for a rider with his left leg missing though.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:45:04 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25814 on: October 18, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »

Quiz question. (No googling)

Why are motorcycle side stands on the left of the bike, even in countries where they drive on the right?

Why the long faces?

Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: