blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1742 1743 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 1749 1750 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610513 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26175 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:33 PM »

In on page 1746 to commemorate a fully GIS compliant version of John Rocque's map.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #26176 on: December 04, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »

tyvm for the commemorative picture of my ancestors.

In return I will tell you how to guarantee to win the lottery while also reducing your lottery expenditure by half.

Having purchased a smart tv box, I now appear to have access to every tv station in the world and every program that has ever been broadcast on those tv stations.  

From the vast choice I decided to view a prog called "Is luck real", part of the "Through the Wormhole" series, introduced by Morgan Freeman.  Most of it was basic stuff until this character appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Tegmark and started discussing this stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse#Level_III:_Many-worlds_interpretation_of_quantum_mechanics

You will have heard of Schrodinger's cat being both alive and dead because its fate is linked to a random quantum event?  Mr Tegmark went further than that and stated that when your fate is linked to a random quantum event, it will result in new universes being created with new copies of you being created.

So here is my simple plan.

Go to https://qrng.anu.edu.au/RainBin.php

This is a quantum random binary number generator.  If the first number in the sequence is 0, you don't buy a lottery ticket that week and if it is 1, you buy a ticket.  (The ticket should be a random lucky dip, I think, but open to debate on that point)

So as your fate is linked to a quantum event, you will have created a copy RED-DOG in a parallel universe in all respects identical to you and with the common purpose to create a RED-DOG lottery millionaire in some universe.

Next week you do the same and (barring some unfortunate accident with a gas cooker) the parallel RED-DOG also repeats the experiment.  Now we have four RED-DOGs.

In 6 months time there are more than 33 million of you and although only half of you will enter the lottery it should be fairly clear that the odds of winning are approaching certainty.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26177 on: December 04, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

tyvm for the commemorative picture of my ancestors.

In return I will tell you how to guarantee to win the lottery while also reducing your lottery expenditure by half.

Having purchased a smart tv box, I now appear to have access to every tv station in the world and every program that has ever been broadcast on those tv stations.  

From the vast choice I decided to view a prog called "Is luck real", part of the "Through the Wormhole" series, introduced by Morgan Freeman.  Most of it was basic stuff until this character appeared, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Tegmark and started discussing this stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse#Level_III:_Many-worlds_interpretation_of_quantum_mechanics

You will have heard of Schrodinger's cat being both alive and dead because its fate is linked to a random quantum event?  Mr Tegmark went further than that and stated that when your fate is linked to a random quantum event, it will result in new universes being created with new copies of you being created.

So here is my simple plan.

Go to https://qrng.anu.edu.au/RainBin.php

This is a quantum random binary number generator.  If the first number in the sequence is 0, you don't buy a lottery ticket that week and if it is 1, you buy a ticket.  (The ticket should be a random lucky dip, I think, but open to debate on that point)

So as your fate is linked to a quantum event, you will have created a copy RED-DOG in a parallel universe in all respects identical to you and with the common purpose to create a RED-DOG lottery millionaire in some universe.

Next week you do the same and (barring some unfortunate accident with a gas cooker) the parallel RED-DOG also repeats the experiment.  Now we have four RED-DOGs.

In 6 months time there are more than 33 million of you and although only half of you will enter the lottery it should be fairly clear that the odds of winning are approaching certainty.

But doesn't that mean I'm also a dead cert to get blown up by the gas cooker? (I mean let's face it, I'm odds on when there's only one of me).

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #26178 on: December 04, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »

Just do a few  0 I do this, 1 I do that, to get the team built up a bit before doing any amateur DIY.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26179 on: December 04, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »

If I do win the jackpot, Will I have to share it with 16.5 million other RED-DOGs?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #26180 on: December 04, 2014, 04:25:08 PM »

If I do win the jackpot, Will I have to share it with 16.5 million other RED-DOGs?

Now you're being ridiculous

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #26181 on: December 04, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »

When I do win the jackpot, Will I have to share it with 16.5 million other RED-DOGs?

No but you have to buy the doubleup in that universe a pint
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26182 on: December 04, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me, and he said, "Don't be ridiculous. Everyone hasn't met you yet".

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #26183 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me, and he said, "Don't be ridiculous. Everyone hasn't met you yet".

You'd be better off creating another quantum event immediately afterwards where you invent Quantum Skrill the world's first transdimensional bank transfer company to give the other RedDogs their (1/infinity) share of half of the money (it was your ticket after all). This leaves you with half of the jackpot, which doesn't sound like a good deal until you realise that the quantum event had a 0 option, where you didn't give the money away, so you've just added 50% to your stack.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26184 on: December 04, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »

You'd be better off creating another quantum event immediately afterwards where you invent Quantum Skrill the world's first transdimensional bank transfer company to give the other RedDogs their (1/infinity) share of half of the money (it was your ticket after all). This leaves you with half of the jackpot, which doesn't sound like a good deal until you realise that the quantum event had a 0 option, where you didn't give the money away, so you've just added 50% to your stack.

Is it just me, or does this poster seem to say 'Fart station One' if you glance at it quickly?

Click to see full-size image.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: December 04, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »

Yeah, this is how I feel when you talk about gas boilers and bikes.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26186 on: December 04, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »

Speaking of quantum physics, did you see that Stephen Hawking has predicted that Robots with AI will evolve so fast that they will destroy the human race?

How can that be though? According to Isaac Asimov, (author of the first science-fiction book I ever read) the first law of robotics is:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26187 on: December 04, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »

I've just Googled it, and the second & third laws of robotics make it a belt and braces job.

2: A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #26188 on: December 04, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »

Was Max as well its in the wiki link above - Hawking is such an attention whore

In 2014, Tegmark co-authored an op-ed in the Huffington Post with Stephen Hawking, Frank Wilczek and Stuart Russell on the movie Transcendence, "Transcending Complacency on Superintelligent Machines".
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26189 on: December 04, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »

Was Max as well its in the wiki link above - Hawking is such an attention whore

In 2014, Tegmark co-authored an op-ed in the Huffington Post with Stephen Hawking, Frank Wilczek and Stuart Russell on the movie Transcendence, "Transcending Complacency on Superintelligent Machines".

OK. You got me. I'm off to read about Max.

I may be gone for some time....

Pages: 1 ... 1742 1743 1744 1745 [1746] 1747 1748 1749 1750 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: