blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 1904 1905 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610953 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #28500 on: August 10, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »

Also when the worst happens always try the back button as it can sometimes take you back to the relevant page. 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28501 on: August 10, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »

How is the bike Tom? Looks really comfy. I gave up biking 5 year ago due to the bones feeling the cold more than i used to and far to much traffic on the roads. I could be tempted back seeing these pictures though.  

Hey Mr D, what are you talking  "old"? You don't look much more than a schoolboy of  that avatar pic.

The bike? Well Maxi scooter's were a revelation for me. Imo they drag motorcycling out of the dark ages and into the 21st century. They're automatic, so no clutch, gear every 30 seconds when you're in traffic. No oily chain to prat about with. Incredible weather protection, I can ride at 70 with my visor up no problem. Loads of secure storage. Mine has about 60 liters of space under the seat, (that's as much as a good sized rucksack) and a full sized glove box with 12 volt charger socket, plus a few other spaces, and that's without the top box.

ABS brakes, heated grips, instrument panel with all the bells and whistles, and mine was just a cheap second hand jobbie. God knows what the new ones are like.

The purists will tell you it's not proper motorcycling, well perhaps it's not, but it's bloody good fun.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28502 on: August 10, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »

In Milan today. They have loads of these, they look ancient to me. Apparently the local nickname for them is gamba di legno, the wooden leg. Presumably because of the clonking sound they make as they limp along.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28503 on: August 10, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »

They reckon this took 600 years to build. Must have been just the one brickie doing his own mixing.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28504 on: August 10, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »

Wow at that Church thing.

As the locals might say, le magnifique.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:35:34 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28505 on: August 10, 2016, 07:59:29 PM »

In Milan today. They have loads of these, they look ancient to me. Apparently the local nickname for them is gamba di legno, the wooden leg. Presumably because of the clonking sound they make as they limp along.

A Streetcar Named Desire.

And while we're on the subject:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/streetcar-named-desire-alleged-sex-act-delays-toronto-commuters-during-rush-hour-1.2112780
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:27:54 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #28506 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:46 PM »

Disappointed -  was hoping for tales of unseasonable gales, squalid hostels and roadside running repairs, seems like your having too much fun.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:47:42 PM by simonnatur » Logged

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28507 on: August 11, 2016, 09:30:29 AM »

Disappointed -  was hoping for tales of unseasonable gales, squalid hostels and roadside running repairs, seems like your having too much fun.

Au contraire mon ami. We had all of those, details of which were in the long lost and much lamented post.

I'll do some cliffs later.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #28508 on: August 11, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »

Could the name be a reference to the braking system? The ones in San Francisco brake using wooden blocks that give off a great burning smell when being used.

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28509 on: August 11, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »

Could the name be a reference to the braking system? The ones in San Francisco brake using wooden blocks that give off a great burning smell when being used.

Could well be. Am pretty sure they are Peter Witt Streetcars - very famous, & dating back to the 1930's, are used all over the World, & many of the cars originally used in Milan are now in daily use in San Francisco.

I travelled on these regularly in San Fran back in the 80's, & they were bumpy & clanky, but really rather wonderful, & thoroughly reliable. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28510 on: August 12, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

They reckon this took 600 years to build. Must have been just the one brickie doing his own mixing.

Are you planning to get to Tuscany ? If so, recommend a stop off in a great old walled town - Lucca.

Great trip for you :-) Keep the reports coming

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28511 on: August 12, 2016, 05:21:12 PM »

Are you planning to get to Tuscany ? If so, recommend a stop off in a great old walled town - Lucca.

Currently in Pisa, will pop to Lucca now on your recommendation.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28512 on: August 12, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »

If yr that close well worth doing I think. Tuscany is beautiful, well jel

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28513 on: August 12, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »

Currently in Pisa, will pop to Lucca now on your recommendation.

Would second this.  Loved Lucca. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #28514 on: August 13, 2016, 09:35:19 AM »

If your near Lucca also try monticatini an Old spa town with a fernicular railway to monticatini alto a small village on a hill top with a great square full of restaurants
Pages: 1 ... 1897 1898 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 1904 1905 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: