blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:34:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 1901 1902 [1903] 1904 1905 1906 1907 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610742 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28530 on: August 23, 2016, 06:45:21 PM »

I was very impressed by this block of flats in Milan.

If you're going to live in a high rise, that's the way to do it.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28531 on: August 23, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »

All of my biker mates , without exception, have at some point recommended biking The Alps, such beautiful countryside.

Glad everything went well and that you had a great time.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28532 on: August 23, 2016, 07:02:17 PM »

Pisa was like, wow! I didn't realise it leaned that much. I was scared to stand under it in case it chose that moment to fall over.

I did meet two very nice girls there though.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28533 on: August 23, 2016, 07:36:10 PM »

I visited Pisa once in the dim distant past - probably close to fifty years ago - and there was scaffolding propping up the leany side.

I had a similar view to your pic with the lean to the left and I think I was sat in a cafe there.

It's a pretty stunning and truly iconic sight, once seen never to be forgotten.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28534 on: August 25, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »

apropos your trip, Tom, did you see the dreadful news overnight of the earthquake in Italy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37181933

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28535 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »

apropos your trip, Tom, did you see the dreadful news overnight of the earthquake in Italy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37181933

Yes I did.

Now I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but this was a natural disaster, a 'shit happens' type of thing. Entirely unforeseeable and unpreventable, and while I feel sorry for the victims, it's in a detached sort of way.

Contrast this to the events in say Nice. 85 deaths caused deliberately, or to an innocent black teenager shot by an American policeman, or to the millions that don't die, but live out their lives in anguish and torment, unable to provide even the basics of food, shelter and safety for themselves or even worse, their children. That's the stuff that really moves me.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28536 on: August 25, 2016, 04:46:51 PM »

Thought you might like to see this, Red-dog. It's my new bike(kept my old bike as I didn't want to give up riding a sports bike) and it's a delight to ride. So different from my R6 but equally enjoyable.
Enjoyed your trip reports BTW and you're right about leaning it over some more. Most people run out skill/bravery before their bike runs out of grip. Anymore trips planned/talked about?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:50:15 PM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28537 on: August 25, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »

Thought you might like to see this, Red-dog. It's my new bike(kept my old bike as I didn't want to give up riding a sports bike) and it's a delight to ride. So different from my R6 but equally enjoyable.
Enjoyed your trip reports BTW and you're right about leaning it over some more. Most people run out skill/bravery before their bike runs out of grip. Anymore trips planned/talked about?

Very nice Mr Mo. Can I have some details please? I like to look at the specs.

Next trip? I've always wanted to see St Petersburg so will look into the practicality of riding to Russia.

Also I know it sounds mad, but the Sahara looks very doable.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28538 on: August 25, 2016, 05:46:28 PM »

The girls have been hunting voles in the back field.

You have to hand it to hedge bindweed, it has a great method of broadcasting it's seed.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28539 on: August 25, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »

Very nice Mr Mo. Can I have some details please? I like to look at the specs.

Next trip? I've always wanted to see St Petersburg so will look into the practicality of riding to Russia.

Also I know it sounds mad, but the Sahara looks very doable.
It's a Yamaha XSR700. It's 60th anniversary edition, the paint scheme being based on the Yamaha Speedblock design used by Kenny Roberts. The whole bike is part of a current trend in motorcycling called 'yard built'. Basically the bike is designed to be easily modified by the owner. for instance, the rear subframe just unbolts so it's easy to do a single seat conversion.

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28540 on: August 25, 2016, 06:34:38 PM »

Now that the pups are older they've taken to sliving off to do a bit of hunting when they are unsupervised. they only go a couple of fields away but it's via a swamp and they always come home as black as a bag and smelling vile.

Anyway, I don't like them going off on their own so I set about looking for a solution.

I didn't want to tie them up all day and I didn't want to erect a dog proof fence. One, because it would cost a fortune, and two, because it would make the place look like a prison.

Then I came across these. I think they were originally invented in Australia where people had 25 acre plots and normal fencing was impractical.

A kit consists of a transmitter, a collar with a receiver and 150 metres of wire which you bury underground. (I bought 500 metres of better grade wire from an electrical wholesaler)

When the dog approaches the wire to within a distance that you determine, the collar emits a beep. If the dog continues it receives a very mild electric shock, if it continues still further, it gets a stronger shock. (even the strongest is quite mild, I tried it on myself first but the dogs don't like it.)

There is a month long training programme where you mark the boundary with little flags and set the collar to 'beep only' and then walk the dog to them several times a day, slowly progressing from on a lead to off lead to unsupervised. Finally, you remove the flags.

I managed to get mine trained in less than a week and they have absolutely no idea that the collar is anything but good. When I put the collar on they know they are going to be able to run free.

I ram my wire through the bottom of a hawthorn hedge that is laced with blackthorn, bramble and nettle. What a bastard of a job that was.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 06:47:16 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28541 on: August 25, 2016, 06:39:28 PM »

Fascinating.

When did you get the swimming pool, Tom?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28542 on: August 25, 2016, 06:43:05 PM »

If you want one installing and your dog training up give me a shout. I'll come and park on your drive in my camper and stay until it's done.

I reckon a bag would be about fair. the kit costs £250/300.

Actually, I'm only half joking.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28543 on: August 25, 2016, 06:43:56 PM »

Fascinating.

Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28544 on: August 25, 2016, 06:48:13 PM »

Fascinating.

Cheesy

Sigh, don't encourage him. I like him better when he's grumpy.

Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 1901 1902 [1903] 1904 1905 1906 1907 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: