blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 2123 2124 [2125] 2126 2127 2128 2129 ... 2341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3603097 times)
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #31860 on: November 04, 2019, 06:59:11 PM »

Sweeee...t

I like Jakemans cough sweets.

I don't carry them with me but I do keep a few in strategic places. Behind the settee/in my man-bag/car door pocket etc.

I'm a sweet cruncher by nature but I've trained myself not to crunch the Jakemans. (spoils the effect and the experience)

The trouble is, now that the temperature is dropping the ones in the car door pocket get really cold overnight and when I pop one into my mouth the sudden warmth causes it to shatter or at least split in two, which leads to involuntarily crunching.

Solutions please.

Click to see full-size image.

Do you have any spare/odd gloves (thick ones preferably)

Have a feeling you may be like me and pick up any discarded/dropped gloves you find when wandering.

I have a few and have made quite a few pairs from what I have picked up over the years.

If so, use an odd one you may have to hold the sweets in the door pocket.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31861 on: November 04, 2019, 07:11:12 PM »

I'm assuming you've seen this 'Biggest warship' series Tony?

You bet I have, love that sort of stuff.

We had the thrill of observing HMS Queen Elizabeth whilst she was moored in Portsmouth last year. (Or maybe 2017?). We had been to the Isle of Wight for the day on the Ferry, then managed to snaffle one of those "Harbour Tour" cruises. Great memory, as we were able to go right alongside that giant Aircraft Carrier. It seems much bigger "in real-life".  

« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:22:26 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31862 on: November 04, 2019, 07:13:50 PM »

Sweeee...t

I don't carry them with me but I do keep a few in strategic places. Behind the settee/in my man-bag/car door pocket etc.

I'm a sweet cruncher by nature but I've trained myself not to crunch the Jakemans. (spoils the effect and the experience)

The trouble is, now that the temperature is dropping the ones in the car door pocket get really cold overnight and when I pop one into my mouth the sudden warmth causes it to shatter or at least split in two, which leads to involuntarily crunching.

Solutions please.

Have a feeling you may be like me and pick up any discarded/dropped gloves you find when wandering.

I have a few and have made quite a few pairs from what I have picked up over the years.

Geo

I do collect dropped gloves Geo, and anything else useful. (I have a great collection of ratchet straps)

But I don't think a glove, even a thick one, would keep a sweet from getting cold would it?

Without a heat source, the temperature of the glove would be the same as everything else. (cue our scientific types to confirm)

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #31863 on: November 04, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »

Sweeee...t

Solutions please.

Geo

I do collect dropped gloves Geo, and anything else useful. (I have a great collection of ratchet straps)

But I don't think a glove, even a thick one, would keep a sweet from getting cold would it?

Without a heat source, the temperature of the glove would be the same as everything else. (cue our scientific types to confirm)

I have a single fur lined thermal mitt somewhere that I picked up on a wander. Will look it out and test. That's if I can find it mind you as we've  just moved house and still sifting through boxes.

Geo
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:35:46 PM by Geo the Sarge » Logged

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31864 on: November 04, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »

In a fridge, a thermometer would read the same inside the glove as it would outside.

Admittedly the sweet would cool more slowly but once cold it would stay cold.

In fact, once cold it would warm up more slowly if brought into a warm room inside the glove.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:00:21 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31865 on: November 04, 2019, 09:34:55 PM »

I'm assuming you've seen this 'Biggest warship' series Tony?

You bet I have, love that sort of stuff.

We had the thrill of observing HMS Queen Elizabeth whilst she was moored in Portsmouth last year. (Or maybe 2017?). We had been to the Isle of Wight for the day on the Ferry, then managed to snaffle one of those "Harbour Tour" cruises. Great memory, as we were able to go right alongside that giant Aircraft Carrier. It seems much bigger "in real-life".  

It seems a terrible shame that we still need these things though.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31866 on: November 05, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »

I've been fretting all night. (Really).

Geo comes on with a helpful suggestion re my cold cough sweets, (see what I did there?) and instead of being grateful I insist it wont work without even tying it.

Sorry Geo.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31867 on: November 05, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Eric Burdon.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #31868 on: November 05, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Eric Burdon.
Love that song.

No one could ever misunderstand you Tom. 1inamillion. X

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31869 on: November 05, 2019, 09:29:53 PM »

We've been discussing pain Maureen. What's been your worst? (and don't give us all that women's things & childbirth tosh, I've seen that and it looks easy)

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #31870 on: November 05, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »

We've been discussing pain Maureen. What's been your worst? (and don't give us all that women's things & childbirth tosh, I've seen that and it looks easy)

Someone's going to get both barrels lol.

Toot ache. Appendix. When I was a kid I got an infection  in a veruca and almost passed out with the pain at the clinic. However the worst pain was probably my second marriage.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31871 on: November 05, 2019, 10:52:11 PM »

I had a nasty split top lip for some time
A veruca   grew out of it
Must stop licking windows in shoe shops
It was eventually injected to numb cut off n cauterised
Never to return - phew
Ha a walk in the park compared to earache
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31872 on: November 05, 2019, 10:57:20 PM »

I once got molten plastic stuck to my fingers.

Mercifully the worst was over in a minute or so but during that time I did an incredible Michael Flatley impression. 

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31873 on: November 06, 2019, 10:41:07 AM »

Battery Eyed Bob, my mechanic mate was away from his workshop yesterday so I took the opportunity to use his ramp to service the cars. Oil and filters for mine, oil, filters, brake discs and pads for Sadie's.

While doing Sadie's discs and pads I noticed this strange box thing on the suspension leg. It's made of aluminium, has no visible moving parts and other than the bolt which holds it in place it has no connection to anything else.

There is an identical one on the other side. I have absolutely no idea what they are for.

Ade? Longines? Anyone?

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #31874 on: November 06, 2019, 10:44:00 AM »

worst for me was when i had 2x disc's prolapse at once (2 lowest ones) they damaged the nerves and even separated some. Morphine came nowhere close to masking the pain and 6 weeks in hospital 2 surgery's later hopefully its all sorted.

2nd most painful was a friend flicked one of my nuts 50% of the world will need no further info.
Pages: 1 ... 2121 2122 2123 2124 [2125] 2126 2127 2128 2129 ... 2341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: