blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 2166 2167 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587238 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32430 on: February 01, 2020, 11:27:08 AM »

In my lifetime they have removed DDT from pesticides, lead from paint and petrol, outlawed smoking in public buildings and stopped shops giving away free plastic bags.

Already I can't believe that these things were allowed in the first place.

I wonder what the next generation's "Can't believe we allowed that" things will be?

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32431 on: February 01, 2020, 12:29:31 PM »

In my lifetime they have removed DDT from pesticides, lead from paint and petrol, outlawed smoking in public buildings and stopped shops giving away free plastic bags.

I wonder what the next generation's "Can't believe we allowed that" things will be?

A good point to link to one of life's unluckiest inventors.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Midgley

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32432 on: February 01, 2020, 12:59:03 PM »

That's interesting.

I saw an aerial photograph once that showed an arrow-straight highway ether in America or Australia. You could actually see the effects of the led in the petrol of the passing cars on the vegetation which was brown and stunted for about half a mile ether side of the road.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32433 on: February 01, 2020, 01:42:00 PM »

That's interesting.

I saw an aerial photograph once that showed an arrow-straight highway ether in America or Australia. You could actually see the effects of the led in the petrol of the passing cars on the vegetation which was brown and stunted for about half a mile ether side of the road.

My mother used to send us out to do loads of blackberry picking every autumn.  We were never allowed to take any from next to the road.  She was ahead of her time clearly.. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32434 on: February 01, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »

Look at some of these buildings before and after the clean air act.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/gallery/blackened-buildings-manchester-before-clean-8727918

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #32435 on: February 01, 2020, 07:54:40 PM »

For some reason your pics aren't working for me Tom, but I've pictured it pretty well in my imagination 

Shame you didn't have anything stronger in the car, like a tyre iron....

Of course I should have used a tyre iron.

I blame this blonde haired, blue eyed beauty. Gorgeous, but not too bright.

Click to see full-size image.

Pics are working again 

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32436 on: February 01, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »

Extraordinary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #32437 on: February 03, 2020, 08:06:31 PM »

I spent a fair bit of my youth in Manchester so this brought memories of the buildings back to me.

I also remembered the IRA bomb in the Arndale Centre. Out of the ashes a couple of phoenixes arose, the two medieval Shambles pubs.  Some friends and I went along a few times to see how it was doing, it was the talk of the city at the time.This is their story.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/shambles-moved-manchester-pictures-bomb-11440936

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32438 on: February 04, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »

I spent a fair bit of my youth in Manchester so this brought memories of the buildings back to me.

I also remembered the IRA bomb in the Arndale Centre. Out of the ashes a couple of phoenixes arose, the two medieval Shambles pubs.  Some friends and I went along a few times to see how it was doing, it was the talk of the city at the time.This is their story.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/shambles-moved-manchester-pictures-bomb-11440936

Astonishing.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32439 on: February 07, 2020, 11:18:37 AM »

My farmer neighbour isn't one of the world's most affable people...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32440 on: February 07, 2020, 02:14:20 PM »

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32441 on: February 07, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »

What an annoying website, I gave up after the first pics. Why is it the majority of 'news paper' websites are just so laggy? Do they not realise that all the adverts they force on you causes people to turn off?

Ah! The element of surprise
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32442 on: February 07, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »

What an annoying website, I gave up after the first pics. Why is it the majority of 'news paper' websites are just so laggy? Do they not realise that all the adverts they force on you causes people to turn off?

It's an interesting topic this. I think that these types of local newspapers are so close to skint that they will put any old rubbish on their websites to squeeze out the last few pence to try and stave off going busto. Which in turn puts people off and sends them closer to busto. They know this but are desperate. It must be a pattern in a lot of businesses coming near the end.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32443 on: February 07, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »

I

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32444 on: February 07, 2020, 05:26:14 PM »

It's an interesting topic this. I think that these types of local newspapers are so close to skint that they will put any old rubbish on their websites to squeeze out the last few pence to try and stave off going busto. Which in turn puts people off and sends them closer to busto. They know this but are desperate. It must be a pattern in a lot of businesses coming near the end.

+1

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2159 2160 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 2166 2167 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: