blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 2309 2310 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587404 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34575 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:49 PM »

I also sigh every time I think of Brexit.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34576 on: August 17, 2022, 01:05:31 PM »

One of the things you have to do without when you have a micro-camper like ours is decent outdoor chairs. They just take up too much room.

We found these yesterday. I was sceptical at first but decided to try them because they are returnable.

As it turns out they are remarkably comfortable and I managed to use a an old rucksack to fashion a stowage strap that holds them in one of our few unused spaces.

I'm really chuffed.

Click to see full-size image.
 Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34577 on: August 17, 2022, 01:09:02 PM »

PS, that girl is for demonstration purposes only. I'm still with Mrs Red.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34578 on: August 17, 2022, 01:58:02 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62548431

Why can't people who are in the spotlight just throw a bit of oil on the water when they make a balls up instead of trying to make it worse?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34579 on: August 17, 2022, 02:16:47 PM »

Why can't people who are in the spotlight just throw a bit of oil on the water when they make a balls up instead of trying to make it worse?

I saw this, and it was just something that was said live in a context where it could be understood that he was just referring to the refereeing of that particular game.   Had the duscussion with my teenage daughter who loves her sports, and she didn't see anything in it.

Not sure why he chose to double down, when he could have just said sorry and explained the above. 

FWIW The England team and the European championships were top notch.  Wish I'd got tickets now.

More camper info is good.  Did you ever think of doing conversions for business, or is it too late for that now?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34580 on: August 17, 2022, 02:35:46 PM »

I saw this, and it was just something that was said live in a context where it could be understood that he was just referring to the refereeing of that particular game.   Had the duscussion with my teenage daughter who loves her sports, and she didn't see anything in it.

Not sure why he chose to double down, when he could have just said sorry and explained the above. 

FWIW The England team and the European championships were top notch.  Wish I'd got tickets now.

More camper info is good.  Did you ever think of doing conversions for business, or is it too late for that now?

Precisely that. I'm sure he he meant no harm when he made the comment so why not just apologise.

I'm glad you like the camper info, I like writing about it.

Conversions for business, not really. People are exacting and impatient, I'm trial and error and slow.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34581 on: August 17, 2022, 05:52:30 PM »

I thought exactly this, it was really a commentary on the way last year everything was a foul and this year almost nothing is - our refs have got to be some of the worst ever.

Anyway, he could have easily just apologised and said that he was pleased refs have changed approach and he liked the new style of letting everything go as it more aligned with his style of kicking crap out of the oppo.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34582 on: August 17, 2022, 07:11:23 PM »

I thought exactly this, it was really a commentary on the way last year everything was a foul and this year almost nothing is - our refs have got to be some of the worst ever.

Anyway, he could have easily just apologised and said that he was pleased refs have changed approach and he liked the new style of letting everything go as it more aligned with his style of kicking crap out of the oppo.

I think he meant that dragging an opponent to the ground by the hair is considered to be a foul in the women's game.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34583 on: August 17, 2022, 08:38:30 PM »

I think he meant that dragging an opponent to the ground by the hair is considered to be a foul in the women's game.

Haha, shirley not ? Was pretty astonishing the ref let that go when he's like 3 yards away and looking straight at it, not that you and I are biased in any way

sola virtus nobilitat
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34584 on: August 19, 2022, 04:40:49 PM »

You also seem to have shaved your tache off

Cymru am byth
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34585 on: August 23, 2022, 08:00:16 AM »

wish I could do this
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #34586 on: August 23, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »

wish I could do this

Love this. You think more about time as you get older.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34587 on: August 23, 2022, 11:16:26 PM »

Amen.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34588 on: August 24, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »

How to confuse yourself.

Call a file SD card backup and then accidentally copy it to your internal storage.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34589 on: August 25, 2022, 03:25:48 PM »

more or less done. Still have to see which tiles are moving a bit due to the floorboards and "grout" them with silicone. 
Pages: 1 ... 2302 2303 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 2309 2310 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: