blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton FINAL DAY: Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Brighton FINAL DAY: Interactive  (Read 40571 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »

Karim raises to 60 from the button, Julian calls in the BB..

FLOP: three clubs

check, check...

TURN:

check by Julian, bet of 50k from Karim, call by Julian

RIVER:

check and Karim checks behind.

Julian shows for top pair, whilst Karim shows....A-A!

wow...definite missed value bet at this stage. Bit too cautious I would say by Karim there! Julian could hardly believe it...the way Karim played it let him out very cheap when he must've thought it very likely that he was winning...

Misclick erm wait no. So he put Julian squarely j9 or 96 which were gutshots on the turn, lol. Wow scared money or what.

which of course Julian would check on the river if he had either...not

very strange!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:55:23 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
PapaYoYo

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

At this stage, let me just post a reminder of the payouts awaiting out lucky 4 finalists...

1st Place £86,800 plus seat in Grand Final
2nd Place £46,200
3rd Place £30,800
4th Place £22,400

The early stages of this level have involved the players taking turns to pick up the blinds with preflop riases.

2 for Karim, 1 for Jim Reid, 1 for Michael, 1 for Julian...THEN...we see a flop.

Karim raises to 60 from the button, Julian calls in the BB..

FLOP: three clubs

check, check...

TURN:

check by Julian, bet of 50k from Karim, call by Julian

RIVER:

check and Karim checks behind.

Julian shows for top pair, whilst Karim shows....A-A!

wow...definite missed value bet at this stage. Bit too cautious I would say by Karim there! Julian could hardly believe it...the way Karim played it let him out very cheap when he must've thought it very likely that he was winning...
Coverage on GUKPT site suggests Michael Bolger is down to c.100Kk chips. Can you confirm?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »

Karim has started this level on fire, winning about 3/4 of the hands they have played!

BUT...Julian puts an end to Karim's domination by calling a raise from Karim and getting some value out of him on As board. Karim was unlucky to have had his K-K cracked though...

And Karim has just played yet another big pot...

Michael Bolger riased allin with his shortish stack and found Karim calling with . Michael was caught with his hands in the till with Two Clubs but could still escape with a favourable flop...

The flop came Two Diamonds , giving Michael the edge to cheers from the rail and the on the turn meant Michael was almost home but a on the river gave Karim the winning hand with a pair of and as he had Michael easily covered that means...

Michael Bolger is OUT, eliminated in 4th spot for £22,400.

Well played Michael...

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 10:07:34 PM by danafish » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2008, 10:06:52 PM »

JULIAN HEADS UP NOW!!!! 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2008, 10:10:01 PM »

JULIAN HEADS UP NOW!!!! 

Go on Yoyo!!  thumbs up
PapaYoYo

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »

JULIAN HEADS UP NOW!!!! 

Go on Yoyo!!  thumbs up
Any idea what the chip counts are?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »

Not a clue, but I'd imagine they'll have them for us shortly.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2008, 10:17:44 PM »

Karim is involved again.

I was busily writing up the previous sequence of events so I can't tell you exactly how the hand played out but both players Karim and Jim saw the flop in what I assume was a raised pot as all the chips managed to go in on a Two Diamonds flop.

Jim was holding a flush draw in the shape of but Jim had made a bad reid as his hand was truly Karim-ed by Karim's top pair and flush draw, .

Jim was looking very unlikely to win and although the on the turn gave him a long shot to get out of it, the blank on the river was no help, meaning the monstrous stack of Karim's was bolstered once again and...

Jim Reid is OUT, eliminated in 3rd place, winning £30,800!

Well played Jim, great game.

The above elimination left Julian Thew and Karim Louis heads up, but who will emerge victorious?

Will the Karim rise to the top? Or can Julian Thew it again?

We have just had a short break enabling the players to discuss some business...

They have done a deal, which Julian was happy to tell us about in full...Julian has taken £56,000 and Karim(who currently has roughly a 3-1 chip advantage) £66,000.

They will play on for £10,000, the seat and the glory of being the 2008 GUKPT tour inaugural champion. Good luck both!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOON YOYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »

What agreat pay day for both of them. Well done Julian - well deserved particularly as yesterday you really struggled for many decent hands.
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2008, 10:21:32 PM »

ive been following the updates all weekend and would like 2 thank the updaters for doing a great job. Unfortunately i have 2 go 2 bed now due to an early start in the morning.  good luck julian  and thanks again 2 the updaters
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:12 PM »

Just to clarify how that hand where Jim was eliminated played out, Julian said "I led out, with nothing obviously, Karim raised and Jim shoved." I was wondering how all the chips had gone in on the flop. Now i know. It was all Julian's fault!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2008, 10:27:58 PM »

well played Jim...........good luck Julie, take it down

thanks Rod and Dana for the great updates

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2008, 10:31:45 PM »

Three-to-one chip lead for Karim or not, Julian's not going down without a fight. Do not anger thJulian! He will become Thewrious. Oh dear me.

They check a Queen-high flop, and then Julian attempts to bet the turn. "What are the blinds again?" The blinds are 15k/30k, and he bets a lame-ish 40k, which Karim calls. The river is a Five, and they check it. Julian's K-9 is good.

Then Julian button-steals. Karim folds, and he shows A-J. Mr Announcey Caaaards declares it to be A-K, then claims he was choking when corrected. Oops.

Then he button raises again and is called. Both players check until the Two Diamonds river - Julian bets 60k and Karim passes. Julian shows pocket Twos for a set!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »

I'd like to quickly point out that the pun "Thew"rious was not one of mine but was Dana at my computer causing mischief.

I would never make a shocking pun like that...

Julian and Karim have played out a big pot.

In an unraised pot, Julian led for 40k on a flop and Karim called...

The turn was the , and Julian now bet 100...Karim called.

The river was the and Julian now bet out 240k...again Karim called!

Cards over Julian shows T-3 for a flopped two pair and Karim 4-6 for the straight! Very conservative play from Karim again, especially heads up.

As a semi-relieved Julian said "Phew, that could have been over quickly!"

Losing 400k on that last hand hurt Julian, knocking him down to 850 or 900k, whilst Karim was up to over 2million. Since then though the naturally more aggressive Julian has picked up a few pots and has got himself back to over one million to Karim's 1.8 million or so...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: