blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 32201 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 04:31:24 PM »

1108    Arnaud Mattern    France       7,300    34,300

Did'nt u say that Arnaud Matterd had been put out Huh?

Yes, like I said, these counts were taken at the end of level 10 and we're now 10 minutes into level 12. It took an hour or so for them to get to us from the tables.

By the way, there'll be a 45 minute dinner break at the end of this level.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

Tommy Pavlicek went out in Prague, 3 tables out in the sickest way ever. He had on a board, except Juha Lauttmaas had ...

Anders04
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »

What about a photo of the "Norwegian sensation" Vegard Mandal? (76K now) He qualified through some freerolls at Centrebet, and this is his first big tournament. Wearing a green shirt, I think.

Thanks for these great updates, btw!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »

A few Players We Haven't Mentioned In A While But Are Still In:

Angry Alex Kravchenko

Yay, it's Young Joris Jaspers

Oh Me, Oh My, O-la Brandborn

Dennis Naci Hands-Off-My-Chips Hansen. Or something.

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2008, 04:37:29 PM »

By the way, for the gentleman asking after Bengt Sonnert, he's not in his seat and indeed nowhere to be seen; we must therefore conclude that he's OUT.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »

Smurf Hat Of The Day/ Railer Of The Day/ probably also Stoner Of The Day by the looks of him:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »

A big thank-you to Ladbrokes, by the way, for not saying anything when I stole an orange and a pretzel stick from their room. Spotted in said room: Julian Thew, playing some poker, I think. Also spotted: bunch of pretty ladies playing table football, like so:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »

Railers Of The Day (Team Event) - the be-dreadlocked wonder of this lady I don't recognize and Dutch player Marcel Kloof.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »

We have threeway ACTION on Table Slotboom...

It folds to short stack Sargon Ruya on the button, who moves in fro 6,600, as you do.  Small blind, the chatty Leroy Soesman then moves in over the top for around 25k in what turned out to be a vain attempt to move fellow Dutchman Rolf Slotboom off the big blind and take on the all-in himself.  But Rolf (pictured), after thinking out loud, "Maybe I'm making a big mistake..." made the call out of his 65-70k or so.  On their backs, everyone!

Ruya -
Soesman -
Slotboom -

Flop: two hearts    "Aces Aces," mutters Rolf
Turn:   
River:     A jubilant Soesman busts Sargon Ruya, and dents Slotboom's stack, while shouting, "I don't deserve this!  But thank you thank you thank you!  Well, I said I was going to be the bubble, actually."

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 04:45:23 PM »

Cowboy Alfonso has entered the press room. "He's Italian," says Jen. If he were a real cowboy, he would ride an Italian stallion. If that didn't sound terrible when I say it like that.

Click to see full-size image.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 04:46:02 PM »

Railers Of The Day (Team Event) - the be-dreadlocked wonder of this lady I don't recognize and Dutch player Marcel Kloof.

I'm not sur, but it could be Anouk Teuwe, a dutch singer...

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »

Our updates have up to this point been pretty Tung Huynh-free.  Our list says he's American, but apart from that we don't really know much about him - however he's been pretty active this level so here are some updates about him...

He moved in on a board of with about 20k in the pot, for about a pot-sized bet.  This sent opponent Allan Bække into consideration-mode (he had a stack of around 91k at the time).  Eventually he said something you really shouldn't say, just in case: "I think I'm going to make a sick call..." before doing so with and finding Huynh holding .  "I don't think I can win," he calmly changed his opinion. 

About ten minutes later, a pot grew between button Hyynh and Christina Orth - she check-raised him on the two spades flop (from 4k to 10k).  He called.
Turn: three clubs  Now she bets out 7,500, but passes in consternation when Huynh moves all-in for 40-something thousand...

I forgot to add this picture of him.  So here he is again... I quite like what appears to be a zip-up pocket on his sleeve - I could do with one of those.  Never lose my bus pass/mobile phone/chapstick and remove the need for the purse (for ladies) or the risky man-bag (for gents)...

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »

WOW..nice shout Jpean! She has put on some pounds or aged a fair few years (about 8?) since I 've last seen anything from her (she had one or two decent "hits" in the Netherlands) but you might be right.

If it is her...well done! (though she's sodding annoying though and rather full of herself)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »

WOW..nice shout Jpean! She has put on some pounds or aged a fair few years (about 8?) since I 've last seen anything from her (she had one or two decent "hits" in the Netherlands) but you might be right.

If it is her...well done! (though she's sodding annoying though and rather full of herself)

she has only made 2 single in France, but I've been one of her fan since her beginning...

But not sure it's really her...

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »

Where did Barny's post go? Was going to get my vote for POTW Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: