blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 30095 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

Much to the chagrin of Dana, previous EPT winner Trond Eidsvig has just gone OUT:

A pile of brown 5k chips was in front of Joris Jaspers (top picture) which represented the raise he'd made to around 110k over the top of Trond's bet of 45k.  Action on Trond, who was thinking hard about whether this flop was the one he was going to bet his tournament life on...  eventually he made the call!
Trond showed: 
Joris showed:

Standing up and requesting a Ten, in spite of being obviously pleased that he hadn't run into something monstrous (although it was still not a done deal as you can see by the title), he got instead a and a Two Clubs...

Some excited Dutch railers (I imagine) jumped up and down and one of them said, "No f-ing way!!!" but yes, way - a really really big stack for Jaspers and one sad Norwegian.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »

Alas poor Eidsvig, (I've actually never spoken to him but I feel like) I knew him well.

Here he is again, in happier days, lookin' reeeaaaal smoooooth.

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »

Here also is now-probably-chip-leader Joris Jaspers:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 02:13:37 PM »

Ulrik Pedersen is OUT, but of all the all-ins I witnessed, none resulted in a bust out.  Instead, Thomas Christiansen (pictured top) got a double through with his A-K called by Runar Runarsson's K-Q who asked, "Do you have a pair?" but Christiansen must have lied, or his silence been misinterpreted...

Now very short himself, Runar shoved pretty much straight away, called quickly by Patrik Andersson in the small blind with .  He showed, er, .
Flop:  Two Diamonds
Turn and River: two spades   Meaning that he doubled up but is still far from out of trouble.  As his posture in the below photo might indicate...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »

THE SORRY DEMISE OF TABLE 2

Actually it's not really that bad, I just thought I'd give it a dramatic title for fun.

Ulrik Pedersen shoves several times in fairly quick succession; eventually he is called by Rasmus Nielsen.

Pedersen - 
Nielsen - Pedersen makes a little noise like "owwwww" as he turns over

Board - two hearts three clubs two spades

And with that we are down to 32; table 2 is now broken, and we are four tables, yes we are.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »

May I take this opportunity to mention that while early leaders like Peter Eastgate (who literally this minute busted in 32nd) are heading out the door and ALL of Dana's picks are out - I officially win the Last Longer Picked Player thing with the excellently reliable Christian Grundtvig.

Go Grundtvig!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »

A big hand between Peter Eastgate and Henrik Rune, which I only manage to catch the dwelling bit of - the flop is and Eastgate has bet 16k; Rune (once again may I say, Danish names are AWESOME) has raised to 37k, and Eastgate is dwelling. Actually he dwells so long that Rune has lost interest in the hand by the time Eastgate folds, and he's paying attention to something else entirely as the chips are pushed towards him.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »

A big hand between Peter Eastgate and Henrik Rune, which I only manage to catch the dwelling bit of - the flop is and Eastgate has bet 16k; Rune (once again may I say, Danish names are AWESOME) has raised to 37k, and Eastgate is dwelling. Actually he dwells so long that Rune has lost interest in the hand by the time Eastgate folds, and he's paying attention to something else entirely as the chips are pushed towards him.

Oh, I mean, this happened before Eastgate busted. Obviously.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:06 PM »

Much to the chagrin of Dana, previous EPT winner Trond Eidsvig has just gone OUT:

Finalled Barcelona, don't think he won one. Just the Amsterdam Masters.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »

I'd like to add that the EPT live commentatey people are REPEATEDLY commenting on HOW SURPRISED they are that Trond's gone, as he is an excellent player and had a lot of chips and he definitely should have won mine and Jen's personal picks last longer thing, if not the entire tournament. By the way.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 02:39:43 PM »

Hi everubody...

Watching EPT Live the speaker announced a frenchie were on the TV table : Nicolas Dervaux...

Can You try to put his photo here please ?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »

Rolf Slotboom is OUT - in a hand involving the two chattiest players still in the tournament, one (Tim Vance) busted the other (Rolf) leaving this EPT 50% quieter...

Vance had raised on the button to 14,500 and after a minute or so found Mr. Slotboom pushing all in over the top.  He stood up, sat down, said, "I don't have a very strong hand, sir..." and then called the extra 45k or so.

Tim Vance: 
Rolf Slotboom:

Vance was looking happy, but Rolf said, "Not over yet!  I am very live!  Very live!"

It wasn't looking too great for the Dutch player after the flop came two spades, and the rest was two hearts - housing up the American.  They are pictured below during the tense will-he-call/won't-he-call moment, and then both looking nearly hysterically happy as Rolf shook hands and made his cheerful exit.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »

Hi everubody...

Watching EPT Live the speaker announced a frenchie were on the TV table : Nicolas Dervaux...

Can You try to put his photo here please ?

OK - the TV table is on a kind of soundstage and there isn't that much opportunity for getting up close to these players though - will do my best.  We're currently keeping an eye on the action via this enormous screen that just dropped out of the ceiling in the press room.

That action does seem, mainly, to be Kristian Pedersen moving in, repeatedly.  He did manage to double up through Johan Lund with though (Lund's flopping a tension-producing flush draw but failing to improve).

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »

Hello, updaters. Such a disappointing showing from the British, although small, contingent. Still, great to see Luca Pagano breaking the cashers record, I think he's a little underrated and possibly due a big scoop to silence his critics. He's a top chap, and he proudly dons pink to boot, so good luck to him!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 03:07:31 PM »

MULTIPLE SIMULTANEOUS ALL-IN THEN CRIPPLED THEN ALL-IN AGAIN CRAZINESS!

Miika Mustonen of Finland (just said that because it sounds like Tom of Finland and I think that's funny) and Runar Runarsson find themselves on their backs, Runarsson holding and Mustonen holding, um, .

Board - two spades and Runarsson doubles up, leaving Mustonen with around 10k. This is what a man who only has 10k at this stage of the tournament looks like:

Click to see full-size image.

Meanwhile, on the next table, Erik Veld and a gentleman whose number we can't see but looks a bit like a guy we knew at college called Vadim so until we can verify his actual name we're calling him Vadim, are on their backs.
Veld -
Vadim - 
Board - Two Clubs - Vadim keeps saying, "I have the King, the King is mine," just in case the dealer thinks they're splitting or the A-K was Veld's or something, and he doubles up, leaving Veld (below in the grey hoodie) with around 20k. Ouch.

So, very next hand, in a not massively unexpected way, both Mustonen and Veld move their microstacks in. At the same time. I have to write very fast, and the camera guys look like they might explode. Anyway.

Erik Veld has and gets himself dominatey-called (in fact he re-raises all in but no-one else is up for it) by Henrik RUne's . Board - meaning that Erik Veld is OUT.

Meanwhile Miika Mustonen, however, finds and is called by Thomas Christiansen's - the board is Two Diamonds meaning that he's doubled up, woo, to like 20k, or like 30k with the antes and things. Go, microstack!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 03:09:42 PM by danafish » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: