blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 11:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 30483 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »

14th place is Joseph Serock, falling at the hands of fellow but much louder, more in-your-face, excitable American Timothy Vance.

A hand prior to this, Vance had made up the small blind and Serock had raised him off with an extra 30k.  So when Vance limped on the button for 12k (not something seen all that often here so far) and Serock made it 50k to go, he clearly didn't feel like backing down again.  He called.
Flop:   Serock calmly moves the rest of his stack in, and Vance instacalls.
Serock: 
Vance: 

The younger player sits almost impassively, saying not a word as Vance yells, "DEUCE! DEUCE!" as the turn comes the - the river is the - apparently close enough to a Deuce to bring forth a loud, "YEES!" from Vance and send the blue-shirted Serock to the rail.  Pictured - Vance leaping from his seat (again). 

Next to Joseph Serock (in blue) is Danny Ryan - another American, but of the same low-key attitude as his neighbour.  It looks like contrary to some experiences we've had updating in the US, over in Europe the young American players making the transition from online to live do so with a low-blood-pressure, dignified professionalism, while it's the slightly older ones giving them a reputation for perhaps a tad less self control...

trustno1

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »

Bad Candy Of The Century:

Click to see full-size image.

Does that refer to the candy or Jen? Wink
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »

Just after Dana got back (isn't it always the way) big action on the Feature Table:

Jan Sorensen raises preflop and gets put to the test by the all-in move of Magnus Hansen.  He sweats about it for a bit, obviously not too happy with how this has gone, but eventually commits the rest of his stack with .  Hansen has the dominating , though.
Flop:
Turn:   So there's still hope for the win, the split or perhaps for the power to go out in the building, alarms go off and the hand declared dead an hour later when everyone's been evacuated...
River: 

None of those things happens and Jan Sorensen finishes 13th winning DKK210,864 ( €28,291)

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »

15 minutes pass and nothing happens on the non-TV table. Then something happens! Or almost happens!

Tim Vance makes it 40k or so from the button, and big blind Danny Ryan says, "I can't fold this, I'm going all in. Nothing personal." It's about 200k more, looks like.

So Vance is the centre of attention; lots of people suddenly appear from nowhere and try to stand in front of me even though I've been standing there watching nothing happen for ages. Sigh.

Again he asks whether he can turn over his hand before he decides whether to call. He's told it's a ten-round penalty. He is considering it; the decider seems to be that he will get absolutely no attention during the ten rounds he has to sit out, plus the blinds are now 6k/12k/2k (sorry, SOMEONE'S hijacked our tournament clock) and would therefore eat all the chips he'd be taking off of Ryan anyway, should he theoretically win the hand. He passes. Double sigh.

Ryan shows him the . "Oh, you had me beat anyway," says Vance. Huh?

Photos to follow, battery is dead and recharging...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

Winner of the inaugural Comment I Don't Quite Understand Of The Day award.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

Thanks Dana, I was afraid to ask that cause I'm french...
(I was not sure to understand exactly the sentence...)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:49:08 PM by jpean » Logged

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »

I'm guessing he's asking if Jen is the "bad candy".

btw..what happened to the clock? 

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »

Big Action on Table Ryan... involving him (which is why I named it that...)

Firstly, Kristian Pedersen raised preflop to 45k, and Danny Ryan re-raised five big blue stacks (aka 100k).  There was a pause, during which there was some theatrical dwelling by Pedersen - but I only know it was theatrical because he'd moved all-in and was called in the blink of an eye only to show .
Ryan showed:

Flop:  Two Diamonds   Now Tim Vance, not actually involved in this 420k pot started calling for 'Diamonds!' which made little sense until after the blank turn and river - two hearts - shipped the double through to Pedersen and knocked Ryan's stack to just 90k.  Then Vance elaborated:  "Urgh!  I would have won!  I had Queen-Seven of Diamonds!  Did you see that?"  to any and everyone on the rail.  Meanwhile not a word from new short stack Danny Ryan - he just tapped the table and accepted defeat. 

Next hand Ryan is the small blind, and when it folds to him, he shoves.  Well, this might have been completely expected, but big blind Tommy Pavlicek thinks for a good while before calling.  It might have helped that Ryan said the traditional, "Well, just call and send me home or give me a few chips..." but he went for it with .  Interesting.
Ryan had .
No outdraw later and he's still in it.   

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »

I'm guessing he's asking if Jen is the "bad candy".

btw..what happened to the clock? 

I'm as sweet as Chamoy of Fruit, gents.  For anyone that's never looked at badcandy.com....

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »

Ooh, ooooooh, something happened!

We look up at the live feed to see that the cameras on the non-tv table where there are probably like billions of chips in the middle (ok, possibly not billions, but easily the biggest hand we've seen so far, and way way more than the 36k that the live feed is claiming it is). I leg it into the other room and elbow my way to somewhere near-ish the table.

What has happened is this:

Kristian Pedersen in the small blind has made it 50k. Tim Vance in the big blind has made it 150k. Pedersen has called.

Flop -

Pedersen checks. Vance bets 100k. Pedersen goes all in for 260k. Vance talks for 10 minutes. Then he calls.

Pedersen -
Vance - pocket Nines

Turn -
River -

And now Pedersen is OUT and there will be no shutting up Mr Vance...

Again, photos coming any second now...
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

They said on EPTLive that he should have around 1.200.000

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »

And Another One's Gone!

Tommy Pavlicek gets it all in with against, yep, Tim Vance who gave him a spin preflop with ... It wasn't for peanuts either - it looked like Pavlicek's stack was around 250k (although I could be mistaken).  He might have already been donning his coat as he saw the flop come 9-Q-J... and sure enough the turn was a King making the broadway straight for the American.  Pavlicek picks up DKK274,123  €36,779 for his 11th place.

The feed from that table, incidentally, has no sound but we get much the same effect from watching the gesticulating airpunching.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »

To accompany that big Danny Ryan/ Vance hand:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2008, 09:26:10 PM »

Kristian Pedersen - just been Vanced:

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »

Our 11th-place finisher Tommy Pavlicek. The sun has got his funny hat on, hip hip hip, you're OUT:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: