blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 01:42:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273419 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Current World XI
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current World XI  (Read 12454 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »

cech

danialves         carragher          nesta        maldini

mascherano

ronaldo         ronaldinho          kaka          messi

lucatoni

I think Mascherano will be up there one day.  Just hope he's still playing for Liverpool when he is.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »

i think he is already, though ive based my team on champs league footie over the last few years, as its the easiest way to compare each player.

always thought mascherano coming off in the champs league final was the reason kaka was free to create the crucial second in the final milan won 2-1

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »

GK: Buffon

RB: Alves

CB: Ferdinand

CB: Puyol

LB: Abidal

RM: Ronaldo

CM: Carrick

CM: Kaka

LM: Ronaldinho

FC: Drogba

FC: Berbatov
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:31:44 PM by Nemesis » Logged
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 01:12:07 AM »

thats obscene, carrick isnt even the best midfieder at manu, nevermind best english, never mind best in prem
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 02:18:53 AM »

thats obscene, carrick isnt even the best midfieder at manu, nevermind best english, never mind best in prem
Carragher and Mascherano?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

I like Nemisis' team although I'd have Messi ahead of Dinho and Cambiasso ahead of Carrick.

Nice shout with Abidal at left back Lahm's probably the best left back but i put him at right back due to the quality of Right backs around slotted Heinze in myself as although he's had a lot of injuries i think Real Madrid have won every game he's played.
Maicon and Zambrotta are suspect defenders and Ramos is a thug.

Strikers are always the most debated but maybe mine stopped being a world XI when i got there. I just though that if i was playing Messi and Kaka off a striker even if Eto'o. Henry. Van Nistelrooy etc are better finishers i'd rather have Drogba up front to hold the ball up for the 2 of them.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »

I don't rate Heinze as highly as some. I feel that Evra/Clichy are better than him; and Abidal is better than all 3 of them. Ronnie is out of form but still better than Messi (who I rate very highly). I hate one footed DCM's (Camiasso) as it makes them easier to read and their game is more exploitable.

Berbatov was just added for fun. I think that there are 4 or 5 strikers ahead of him at the moment, but he is a great player. Fingers crossed, hopefully Spurs can resign Carrick as he is very good.
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »

LMAO @ the suggestions of Ferdinand, Carrick and Carragher. 

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 06:17:21 PM »

Yeah, as English players are obviously shit and all foreigners are better.

Ferdinand is highly respected by his peers on the continent. I added Carrick as he is a very balanced DCM and that is what I was aiming for.

LMAO @ people LMAO at other people's team selection, when they haven't even posted their own team!
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 06:27:17 PM »

Ferdinand is highly respected by his peers on the continent. I added Carrick as he is a very balanced DCM and that is what I was aiming for.

LMAO @ people LMAO at other people's team selection, when they haven't even posted their own team!

Looks like someone cage has been rattled.

What's with the sad English players comment, are you trying to attribute a point of view as mine when I've not actually made such a statement. As it goes I personally don't think at this point in time there are any English players that would make a current world XI. The nearest would be Rooney but he's not quite up there yet.

Carrick, current world XI, whatever.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 06:36:14 PM »

So what is your team then diceman

who would you play instead of carrick?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 07:48:32 PM »

Boruc

Alves
Puyol
Cannavaro
Evra

Ronaldo
Kaka
Mascherano
Messi

Henry
Ibrahimovic

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 08:15:45 PM »

Looks like someone cage has been rattled.

What's with the sad English players comment, are you trying to attribute a point of view as mine when I've not actually made such a statement. As it goes I personally don't think at this point in time there are any English players that would make a current world XI. The nearest would be Rooney but he's not quite up there yet.

Carrick, current world XI, whatever.

Err, no.

Ferdinand has been in the top 4 or 5 central defenders for the past 6 or 7 years. To dismiss him, and also Gerrard, Lampard and then to say that only Rooney would get near a current world XI, shows that you may not know as much about football as you think you do.

IMO Lampard and Gerrard are definitely overrated, due to them playing in the EPL and also their inability to perform for the national team together. But they would walk into most teams in World Football.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »

Is Henry still as good as his imperious best?

In my mind he was the best player in the world at one point, but is he still the best?  He'd still walk into any Premiership side (IMO), but not sure he's still the best.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 09:33:14 PM »

Ferdinand has been in the top 4 or 5 central defenders for the past 6 or 7 years. To dismiss him, and also Gerrard, Lampard and then to say that only Rooney would get near a current world XI, shows that you may not know as much about football as you think you do.

IMO Lampard and Gerrard are definitely overrated, due to them playing in the EPL and also their inability to perform for the national team together. But they would walk into most teams in World Football.

"you may not know as much about football as you think you do". And when have I made this suggestion that I know so much. You really seem keen to score some points merely because I disagree with your choices that Ferdinand and Carrick are not good enough to be in the worlds best XI. It is infact yourself who is displaying a great deal of arrogance in relation to your petty point scoring attempts. What is you said before, "LMAO @ people LMAO at other people's team selection, when they haven't even posted their own team!". Does that mean only people who respond according to Nemesis's "rule book" are allowed to express an opinion?. If that is the case then get over yourself. I can express that I disagree with you if I see fit and in the case of your selection of Ferdinand and more importantly Carrick I find them laughable suggestions as good enough for the best current XI just as I do with Carragher.

I look forward to reading your response and whatever statement you think you can make with regards to what I'm thinking, even thou I haven't expressed it for you clearly have this wonderful ability of knowing what others are thinking  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: