blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Event - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Event - At A Glance  (Read 8629 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:25:58 PM »

So we've arrived, no thanks to Kev's failure to bring his Sat Nav, which meant that we, along with Wick 'Action Man' Twigg, were treated to a wonder-tour of Nottingham going around in circles for around 20 minutes until Kev discovered his bearings and managed to land us in the correct area. Eventually. Play doesn't start for another hour or so yet, which will allow me time to sample some of the culinary delights that dtd has. (Rumours of me scouting out possible ambush positions for a Red-Dog/breakfast snap are, as yet, unproven). There's 82 people already registered so anyone who who thought the main event would start with less than 100 players will be like Red Dog later, and most likely have egg on their faces.

If there's anyone in particular, you wish us to follow, then let us know on the interactive thread: http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=31651.0

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »

Gordon 'Gimac' is OUT already vs the of his opponent on a flop, and looks to be our earliest bustee.

Adam 'I hate the environment and probably used a petrol-powered razor to shave off my beard' Goulding has drawn the seat that nobody wanted, well no-one without earplugs, he's sitting next to Ironside.

Fellow hater of all things green and lover of destroying the planet, Jen Mason is sitting a tough little line-up with Billy Ngo, Greek Jack and Paul Jackson as the three people to her left.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 07:55:15 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »

Last month's winner Pete Linton has hit an early full double up with Aces against Queens.

Ben Callinan bets 700 in a big multiway pot on a flop of , the button raises to 4,000 and everyone else folds. Ben shrugs and moves in for it's his last 4k or so showing and is in good shape against the button's . The river is the though and it's a split pot, nothing is said, but Ben's angry stamping-style of restacking his chip suggests that perhaps he's a little unhappy.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

Marcus Bebb-Jones, Daniel Rudd and Mickey Wernick, Lord of Wernickestershire, see a flop:

Check check check.

Check from Marcus, Daniel bets 1,000, Mickey passes, Marcus makes it 2,500, Daniel passes, though I doubt either of them had much.

Maria whispers she's passed Jacks after a two spades flop and there was a 2.6k bet and call by the other two players in the pot. The aggressor was all-in by the river, winning with Ace King after his last bet was called.

Andy Johnson, crazy midlander, just took a hit on a three diamonds Two Clubs board, he bet 2k on the river but was min-raised. He called with , only to be shown which had got there on the turn, and the river.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »

Interesting discussion with Tighty, he's out of his comfort zone, being that he still pretty much has his starting stack and is not use to having so many chips. He wants to be grinding a short stack, perhaps raising and open-folding on the flop is the right way forward for him?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:24:17 PM »

Wick Twigg has doubled up to 16,800 having raised a limper for 100 (be-hatted Dave Smith) and a raiser to 350 (blonde lady, no headgear). Wick made it 1,550 with and both called. The flop came down Two Diamonds three diamonds, the lady bet 2,500, Wick moved in and Dave went into the tank, (Wick, "He said he passed !" with an air that suggested disbelief). Blonde lady called with a set of Sevens but Wick wivered wan Wace.

Paul King is in line for a disgustingness award tonight, he was all-in against someone he thought was at it, with 9-8, ("top pair, eight kicker," he told me), his opponent held Kings. Paul turned another Nine.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 10:22:36 PM »

Has Tighty played a hand yet ?

He did managed not to lose more than 3k to Mad Turk with Q-8 vs K-Q on a J-T-9

Pete Linton is out. He was a "pay-off merchant" in his own words.

Thewy has about 14k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:38 PM »

Tighty has just handed me a couple of fun pots from his table.

Lawrence Gosney raises to 600 on the button, Mad Turk makes it 2,600 from the small blind, Gosney moves in for 10,500. Turk insta-calls with Threes, Lawrence shows Ace Queen.

Board: 2--6-T-K-A

Lawrence up to 23k.

A few hands later, Lawrence min-raises to 400, Turk flat-calls, the small blind calls and Tighty calls with his J-2off ("What!?!?" I hear you cry. Actually, I think he even knew people might not believe he would call here so he's wrote, '200 into 1400' to justify it Cheesy). The flop comes down 2-2-4, it gets checked to Turk who bets 1,000. Tighty makes it 5,000. Turk pushes and Tighty calls. The Mad Turk shows K-2, Tighty has written 'Ugh' and 'FFS' and 'Rigged' here. The turn is the Jack, he then writes 'LOLOL'. No help for Turk on the river, he is OUT, whilst Tighty has 30k.

Barry Neville is OUT, K-T on a K-Q-T board vs A-K which rivered a straight.

Be-hatted Dave Smith is also out.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »

Mickey Wernick raises to 1,500 after a couple of limpers, but only one calls. The flop comes , the limper checks, Mickey fires out 2,200 and quickly takes it down. He shows , to much table mirth.

Lawrence Gosney has gone out in a huge 45k/50k pot or so holding a set of 4's on a 9-8-4-T board against Q-J (owned by Matthew Cox, we believe), all the money going in on the turn after the Q-J called a small flop bet.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:11:22 PM »

we are down one Paul King ... I arrived at the table to see a board of

three diamonds

And saw Paul King re raise a bet from Garinder Purewal ...Kingy pushing all in with a massive overbet in relation to the pot...

Long dwell from Garinder as he mulls over Pauls possible holding before eventually making the call .... he has Paul covered, by about 1k ... ON THEIR BACKS

Paul 

Garinder 

The river brings the  and Paul departs through the door marked EXIT

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 11:33:40 PM »

Looks like Napoleon Dynamite dealer may have cut his hair... Sad

Other news, Greek Jack is out. "Didn't see the hand, just saw him leaving the table," said Kev.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »

board and Mickey Wernick wins a healthy pot with 4-4 against Q-Q, it looked to be a least 30k for him.

Snoops' rollercoaster went bad early on, dropping for 13k to 3k holding A-T on a A-Q-7-x two spade board versus a shorter stack's which rivered a flush, he since doubled up with Jacks against Ironside's A-Q and then won a few more to steal his way up to 8k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

Lucy Rokach is OUT. She had Q-T against Sloopy's Q-Q on a Q-T-x board to put him up to 16k and then just got knocked out with 8-4 against A-4, misery compounded by not having live cards.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:39:54 AM »

'Reggie' Perrin is OUT. Jacks against Ben Vinson's Ace King.

Also gone is Paul Jackson, "There's an UTG limper, everyone folds to me in the big blind. I push with Sevens for about 7k, he snap calls, I think I'm trouble, only he has K-T... and hits."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »

Nick Hicks is out, Q-6 shove, reshove and call behind him(!) and he was ahead (!!!!) vs J-9 and T-8. 9 hit to scoop.

Dingdell is out too, K-T on a Q-J-x two spade board vs , neither hit, Ace high wins.

Red just knocked out the geezer next to him, no, not Tikay, but the other side with Tens vs Fives. The board peppered around the 5 coming out 7-4-2-6 (putting a flush draw for the five too!) then a nice relieving second Seven.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: