blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:10:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Help Lord Wernick.............
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help Lord Wernick.............  (Read 10242 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:29:48 AM »

Speaking to Mickey Wernick on the sidelines, he was keen to pick the brains of the blonde poker audience and grab a few opinions on his exit hand.

So...

Blinds = 150/300

Mateyboy = 10k
Barny Boatman = 12k
Mickey Wernick = 15k

Mickey finds  in early position and raises to 700. Barny and Mateyboy both call.

Flop =  Two Clubs   three clubs

Barny checks, Mickey makes it 1.2k and Mateyboy re-raises to 2.6k.

Barny re-re-raises to 6k, Mickey moves all-in, Mateyboy and Barny both call.

Barny =  three diamonds

Mateyboy =  two hearts Two Diamonds

The set of Deuces hold up.

"Ask them what they think of my play, Snoops. Should I have got away from it or was I right to push all-in?"

Over to you guys, all opinions appreciated, even Flushy's.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:35:33 AM »

pokerstove has micky 32%, barney 12% % mateyboy 56% I still push
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:42:45 AM by Dewi_cool » Logged

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »

Speaking to Mickey Wernick on the sidelines, he was keen to pick the brains of the blonde poker audience and grab a few opinions on his exit hand.

Ok, tell us it then?

I'd also like to hear from some of the regular MTT players' views and opinions on this spot.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »

Yep insta push. should of raised more preflop or folded. he's new tho and he will learn.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:45:26 AM »

once there has been a re-re-raise can't he pass? he must be losing and drawing to nine clubs only

Pass and have 13k left?

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 12:46:44 AM »

pass

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:29 AM »

once there has been a re-re-raise can't he pass? he must be losing and drawing to nine clubs only

Pass and have 13k left?

I was watching a cardrunners video the other day and the player passed a similar spot as he said he had no fold equity.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 12:51:15 AM »

Fold, Mickey's image is generally pretty solid, and yet there's been a suspiciously small raise from one player and Barny has then repopped it for half his stack you have to assume at least one has a set, Mickey has no fold equity, and is probably just playing for the flush. He still has about 13k though so he doesn't need to stack off imo. [pedantic]I make it 800 to play as well pre[/pedantic]

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 12:52:55 AM »

Fold, Mickey's image is generally pretty solid, and yet there's been a suspiciously small raise from one player and Barny has then repopped it for half his stack you have to assume at least one has a set, Mickey has no fold equity, and is probably just playing for the flush. He still has about 13k though so he doesn't need to stack off imo. [pedantic]I make it 800 to play as well pre[/pedantic]

I was writing the same but you did it better.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »

I also think Barny should be leading out here, his hand is so beautifully disguised and Mickey isn't too likely to be firing at this dry-ish board without a hand vs two players and Barny can build a big pot here if he wants. Say Barny fires out 1.5k, Mickey makes it 5k which may get hands like TT and JJ to fold, Matey shoves, Barney shoves then Mickey probably has to call for value now. As it is, Barny gets coolered either way, though I think by leading, it's harder for Mickey to fold given that he basically gets priced in.

LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »

I raise more pre; and I would play for all the marbles postflop.

Micky probably does his own thing at this stage of his life so far be it for him to give a feck what I think. But maybe he might consider:

- What his preflop raise size would be with AKo or better // JJ or better?
- If he actually had raised preflop with JJ - AA what size his continuation bet would be on this sort of board?

I would wager that there would be variations in both cases and it would seem to me that it would be preferable if there weren't. But hey, what do I know.

------------

So, if I was playing the hand I would have had 900 in pre and c - bet big for like 2400 or something. Meaning it would be incorrect for me to fold at that point.

As played though I still get it in. It's 40BBs and he's only going to need 35% equity when all the loot goes in and he's going to have that against any reasonable ranges you assign to his opponents. I'd personally be delighted to get this sort of spot to play a huge pot and be getting my chips in with a fist pump to be honest.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »

Yep insta push. should of raised more preflop or folded. he's new tho and he will learn.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 01:11:51 AM »

Pass and have 13k left?

have to agree with tighty here but what do i know?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 01:15:47 AM »

slightly more than I do

I like Lloyd's post too though

My eyes are open wide
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:13 AM »

I generally believe Loyd is correct IF Micky had done the right thing and raised more pre-flop. what was he doing raising it to 700? That 's a silly bet and it doesn't make any sense..noone will fold for that and you'll more than likely be out of position for the rest of the hand..and with a hand like A9 you'll definetly more than likely be behind.

That would of course have lead to all the chips going in because he would have had odds to call after he C-bets the flop.

As played I fold here faster than a folding thing from folding town. Only your flush is ever going to be live. You only invested 2k out of your stack here..swallow your pride and kick yourself for making a silly play pre-flop but a very easy fold.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: