blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:34:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 70947 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2008, 12:07:50 AM »

We've seen more doubles than a game of darts here at the Vic, the latest recipient being Lloyd Rees whose Pocket Rockets stood up against Mateyboy's K-Q.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »

Chris Bruce won't be receiving a Brucie bonus this year as he becomes the latest player to hit the deck. The player responsible was Derek Miller, the backwards capper finding Jacks in the small blind after Bruce had pushed on two limpers from late position with K-9 off. An A-T-Q-5-2 board later and Bruce was gone. Good game, good game. It was nice to see him, to see him...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: March 08, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »

Bedlam at Table Skalie as shortstacker Tony Philips pushes in the filthiest of dirty stacks, much to his own amusement.

"Let's just see if anyone's interested before we bother counting it," he suggests.

"I want a count," demands Yilfer.

As the dealer, who was actually impressively swift in his calculation, counted out the mixed bag of chips, Yilfer declared, "No, you're taking too long, I fold", thereby leaving the decision on the shoulders of Harpit Gurnam who I believe had limped.

Harpit also wanted a count, and after being informed that it was 6.1k more to call, happily threw in the chips and flipped over .

"Come on the Sevens!" exclaimed Tony, throwing, yep, you guessed it, a pair of Sevens onto the table.

The Flop was a good one, a giving Phillips a set. The Turn sealed the deal.

"It's the magic Sevens!" added an elated Phillips, that particular pair clearly having dealt him some good fortune more than once.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: March 08, 2008, 12:20:44 AM »

Glenn Altman is either out or experiencing one of those awkward moments where you realise you've run out of toilet paper... but it's too late.

In other news, Paul Bracken is down to the felt after losing a race against Jonathan Baylis with A-K versus 8-8. King on the Flop.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:23:49 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: March 08, 2008, 12:22:50 AM »

MONSTROUS, RIDICULOUS HAND ALERT!

Biggest Pot Of The Day Action!

I wander over to Table Chili because as far as I can see she has raised preflop to 4k, with at least one caller behind her in James Morgan, and I see that Frank Doyle has gone all in for considerably more. I should note at this point that Jonathan Huckle is also in the hand - his back was to me and I couldn't see his chips, apologies apologies - I just sort of assumed he'd flat-called the 4k until Snoops and Junglecat put doubt in my mind and made me think he might have re-raised - reasons for this to become obvious soon.

Chili dwells. For ages. So when she finally calls (she and Doyle are roughly even in chips), James Morgan and Jonathan Huckle don't have to bother pretending to think about it. Four-way all in!

Frank Doyle -
Maria Demetriou -
James Morgan -
Jonathan Huckle -

Board - oh, this is exciting, "Aces can't win!" someone is shouting - (OOOH!) - wait wait for it -

And I swear the look of joy on her face is that same look that newly-crowned Misses World have - it's a look of pure happiness that says that fate has finally smiled upon her. She had 35k at the start of the hand and covered all three unfortunate all-inners; three very angry gentleman headed for the rail while she raked in a veritable mountain of chips. She is a very lucky girl, and we reckon she's our new chip leader with probably around 100k.

For those who have never experienced it firsthand, this is what true happiness looks like:

Click to see full-size image.

James Morgan threatens to beat her about the head with his Aces:

That mountain, post-raking, pre-stacking:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:40:04 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »

End Of Level 8 Chip Counts, thanks all you Bluesquare chip-counters you. Guess Chili is now second in chips, seeing as how Mark Friedman has so very many.

Mark Friedman   137925
Stewart Clutterbuck   93375
Jerome Bradpiece   76200
Dave Colclough   63500
David Rudling   53075
Yilfer Shevket   51650
Ketul Nathwani   51250
Fran Egan   51225
Mark Rayson   50975
Jan Lundberg   50325
Farid Badiemansour   49875
Steven Chandler   49200
Davijay Sadarangani   48875
John Rigolli   43950
Alan Stearn   43025
E Svanes   41075
Marius Hogtun   41000
Harprit Gurnam   37875
Jonathan Kalmar   37225
Davood Mehrmand   36500
Jonathon Martin   36100
Anthony Chapman   35925
James Woodruff   35675
Derek Miller   35675
Fabio Esposito   34600
Carlton Joseph   34200
W Cheung   32525
Maria Demetriou   31400
Mike Panteli   31100
Craig Owen   29825
Frank Pini   28850
Daniel Burgess   27800
Jonathon Baylis   27650
Jonathan Huckle   27575
Christoffer Nilsen   27300
John Burberry   26700
Jim Reid   25700
Terry Chapman   24475
Victoria Coren   23625
Sam George   23350
Matthew Waddington   22575
Simon Wickenden   22475
Louise Fennell   22375
Daren Braddick   21850
Anthony William Hardy   21800
Paul Rosati   21525
Koroush Nikkhahe   21100
James Ballantyne   20375
Jeraint Hazan   20100
Steve Jelinek   20075
Chris Rhodes   19200
James Morgan   19050
Frank Doyle   18950
Keir Fitzgibbon   18850
Alan Rawling   18350
Hugo Martin   16700
Antony Phillips   14800
Daniel Kerridge   14075
Lam Trinh   13425
Lloyd Rees   13275
Sebastian Saffari   11550
Martins Adeniya   11225
Charles Denton   11075
Neil Channing   9850
Teddy Sheringham   9150
Nik Stylianou   8550
Simon Joseph Eastwood   8175
Praz Bansi   4975
Mark Survila   4675
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 08, 2008, 12:31:27 AM »

I wander over to Table Chili because as far as I can see she has raised preflop to 4k, with at least one caller behind her in James Morgan, and I see that Frank Doyle has gone all in for considerably more. I should note at this point that Jonathan Huckle is also in the hand - his back was to me and I couldn't see his chips, apologies apologies - I just sort of assumed he'd flat-called the 4k until Snoops and Junglecat put doubt in my mind and made me think he might have re-raised - reasons for this to become obvious soon.

Chili dwells. For ages. So when she finally calls (she and Doyle are roughly even in chips), James Morgan and Jonathan Huckle don't have to bother pretending to think about it. Four-way all in!

Frank Doyle -
Maria Demtriou -
James Morgan -
Jonathan Huckle -

Board - oh, this is exciting, "Aces can't win!" someone is shouting - (OOOH!) - wait wait for it -

And I swear the look of joy on her face is that same look that newly-crowned Misses World have - it's a look of pure happiness that says that fate has finally smiled upon her. She had 35k at the start of the hand and covered all three unfortunate all-inners; three very angry gentleman headed for the rail while she raked in a veritable mountain of chips. She is a very lucky girl, and we reckon she's our new chip leader with probably around 100k.

For those who have never experienced it firsthand, this is what true happiness looks like:

Is this dealer a Card Mechanic by any chance??? The odds on that hand are imense!!!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 08, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »

Frank Doyle -
Maria Demtriou -
James Morgan -
Jonathan Huckle -

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 08, 2008, 12:32:24 AM »

dad dont dance dad dont dance dad dont dance dad dont dance dad dont dance dad dont dance

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: March 08, 2008, 12:35:27 AM »

Two previously-not-hugely-mentioned-in-our-updates yet still-in-the-tournament players, John Rigolli and Carlton Joseph, see a flop and a turn before I become interested in what they're doing.

The board reads and Carlton is betting 1.5k; soon afterwards John is calling.

River - and Carlton bets 5k. John makes it 12k and Carlton calls.

Carlton Joseph -
John Rigolli - for a sneakily played straight. He takes down the chunky pot.

For some reason though John Rigolli looks sad Sad :

...Whilst Carlton Joseph looks happy Cheesy :

I do not understand. Huh?
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: March 08, 2008, 12:36:11 AM »

Any news on Des Jonas?

Sorry iorek but the mightily-biceped Des has joined the throng on the rail.

He was his normal chatty self though, his current topic of choice being the premise that brummies dress better than londoners. His case was built on the fact that many of the london players in the Vic are sporting cardigans.
He refused to be assuaged from this standpoint.

Big hand alert.

Sam "Bruff me" George limped in, the small blind completed and Mark Rayson checked his option in the big blind.

Flop Q 9 8 rainbow.

Check...check...check.

TURN: 8

Check, Mark bet 3k and Sam raised to 8k, small blind scarpers and Mark now chooses to move ALLIN!

I heard it was about 32k for Sam to call, and he INSTANTLY called with K-Q!!!

Mark had T-J for the nut straight, and the combination of no 8 or Q on the river and the fact Mark had Sam covered means Sam George is OUT!

I felt that this was a bit of a loose call on the face of it. I don't know whether these 2 have any history but I would have expected K-Q not to be good there myself, given the action and the stage of proceedings. Certainly not an insta-call worthy hand.

One more casualty as we approach the last moments of level 9 and the end of the day...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
cbass

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 08, 2008, 12:37:16 AM »

Can't tell you how pleased I am for chili - hamsterboy has muppetted me sooooo many times GO CHILI GO CHILI
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 08, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »

Wow. gogogoogo Maria

Gl!

cbass

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 08, 2008, 12:43:16 AM »

Can't tell you how pleased I am for chili - hamsterboy has muppetted me sooooo many times GO CHILI GO CHILI
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 08, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »

Frank Doyle -
Maria Demetriou -
James Morgan -
Jonathan Huckle -

Awesome, and unbelieveable hand.

Live poker is sooooooo rigged

Great to say Maria :p and Jen :p in such good positions for 2moro Smiley

GREAT UPDATES, have just finished reading both days.. awesome stuff

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: