blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:06:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 64639 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »

That's six picks! And you've accidentally put Jen on twice. 
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 02:00:06 PM »

hi  any  chance of payouts? howmany gets paid  thanks

Afraid we don't yet know, but I suspect we'll have it soon...
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 02:01:27 PM »

Good luck to all the Blondes playing today. A big thank you for some great FREE updating from both of the Day 1's. I've got a sneaky feeling that Mr Punkfloyd Conroy is going to plod towards the final table today. Also Ian Crapper Cox appears to have a nice starting table. Oh yeah I nearly forgot..........thanks for the norkage yesterday more more please.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

people.

The tournament is bubbling up nicely as we await the start of Day 2.

Lots of great players remain. Jen and Maria's table looks very exciting with the devilfish in tow. Feathers aplenty will be rustled there I suspect!

Julian Thew has negotiated his way through to the latter stages once more and if he can get a few chips going, will clearly be a threat for the title. Ditto Jim Reid, who is following up on his final table appearance in Brighton and who also has the game to run deep and possibly taste victory.

Former 2007 Walsall GUKPT winner Jerome Bradpiece strolled laconically through the day yesterday but accelerated through the last few levels in imperious fashion to find himself returning today as the clear chip leader. Whether he can equal Julian Thew's impressive feat of winning 2 GUKPT titles remains to be seen.

Last year's winner Leo Kam is still in there, although with a 20k stack, he will need to  fairly quickly. Many other seasoned campaigners remain including maltese Joe Grech, who also finalled in Brighton, the laid back Willie Tann, and hendon mobster Barney Boatman.

The opening action is traditionally quite hectic, so I'm off to join Snoopy and Dana to catch all the thrills and spills of the start.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 02:23:38 PM »

My 3 to win-

Joe Grech
John Conroy
Gerome Bradpiece

Best of luck to Thewy, Maria and Jen, i'd love to see Thewy get a hatrick... how cool would that be!!!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »

He doesn't look too happy about it, but Darren Pearce was the recipient of an early double up, his A-7 surviving against A-6 when a 7 hit the Flop.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 02:27:22 PM »

We failed in our hunt of Sebastian Saffari yesterday, so as an apology for our failings, my I present to you the cheeky little rascal in all his Day 2 glory.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »

Barney Boatman raises it up to 3.2k from early position, only to find Steve Jelinek moving allin behind him for what looked to be 22-25k.

No drama here though as Barney folded pretty quickly and Steve showed a pair of Queens.

"Eights" said Barney. "You overplayed them" Steve told him as they rib each other have a laugh.

Just for your delectation, here are the likely final table payouts...

1) £119,780
2)  £69,960
3)  £50,880
4)  £33,920
5)  £26,000
6)  £20,140
7)  £15,900
Cool  £12,720
9)   £9,540
10) £6,360

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 02:30:43 PM »

Now I don't possess the supreme bokking powers of booder, but I'm still capable, my bok of level one exit John Eames surefire proof of that. His assassin was the chap pictured below, Scandinavian Christoffer Nilsen, the Pocket Cowboys landing in his lap at just the right time and effortlessly seeing of the inferior A-T of Eames to leave the youngster heading dejectedly to the rail.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »

Confirmed OUT thus far:

Simon Wickenden
John Gardner

Score Of The Day So Far:

My Hair Of The Day pick from yesterday, Mr Davood Mehrmand, stopped me to tell me that he likes my hair. Score!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »

As the action folds round to the Devilfish in the small blind, the all-singing all-guitar playing all-woman-wooing Hullian made it up 2,200 before being looked up by Dave Rudling in the big. On the Flop, the Devilfish check-called 3,200 before check calling, once again, 7,600 on the Turn. An on the River triggered a 12k bet from Devilfish, which led to a swift all-in from Dave Rudling for 20,200 more. Devilfish didn't look particularly happy about it, but called nonetheless, announcing "I have a Jack" in the process whilst quietly praying that his opponent hadn't hit the nuts. However, as you can see from the amusing expression on the 'Fish's face, Rudling did indeed have the nuts, his for the Flopped straight leaving the Devilfish with not only 20k in chips, but also a face like a firmly smacked bottom, and understandably so. "I had Q-J," revealed a disgruntled Devilfish.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »

Jen is taking no nonsense from the Fish. Mr Ulliott bets out 3k on a flop. Preflop limper John Burberry gets out of the way, and Jen raises to 8k. Devilfish folds with the minimum of fuss, claiming, "I got a Seven, guess that's no good..."
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

plenty of updates on nick gibson and jerome pls. Jerome made a huge lay down to me in the plo comp on weds...turns out he was wrong, he had me beat, but the thinking and the ability to preserve his stack was world class....and he went on to win the comp! Really impressive....so I backed him in this at 200-1...go on my son!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »

As I standby at Table Jen awaiting the impending fireworks, Chili mouths something incomprehensible from a distance. After I shook my head cluelessly, she leaped out of her chair like a dolphin on a trampoline and raced over to the rail. "Quick, quick," she said. "Get a photo of me with the Devilfish before he gets knocked out." Not one to argue or disobey the commands of a woman, I inevitably obliged and this is the result...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »

plenty of updates on Nick Gibson and jerome pls. Jerome made a huge lay down to me in the plo comp on weds...turns out he was wrong, he had me beat, but the thinking and the ability to preserve his stack was world class....and he went on to win the comp! Really impressive....so I backed him in this at 200-1...go on my son!

I'm afraid Nick Gibson is OUT. The hand that made the biggest dent was an unfortunate Nines versus Aces encounter with Nik Stylianou, the 2-K-8-2-3 rainbow board offering no help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: