blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 65551 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 03:21:34 PM »

As Koroush Nikkhahe pushes in from early position with Pocket Tens, he probably had mixed feelings when Dave Anderson moved all-in behind him. Possibly expecting to be coinflipping at best, that's exactly what happened, Anderson showing A-K for a classic 50-50 encounter. With both players poised and ready for celebration, more so the enigmatic Koroush as he rose anxiously from his seat, the dealer lay a raggy 2-5-2 onto the felt. At this point, you could sense both hearts beating fast, and whilst Koroush's mouth quivered rhythmically, probably repetitively mouthing the words "No ace or king, no ace or king no ace or king", the tension on Dave's face was just as evident. However, on the Turn, it was the latter's wishes that came true, but only temporarily so, the dramatic Ten on the River making Koroush's step towards the door an unjustified one and resulting in thee forms of celebration: a punch of the air, a "yes, thank you, yes, thank you" verbal celebration, and a firm pat on the back for the dealer.
Legume

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »

chip count for Jen pleeeeze
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »

Like a quick bout of midget wrestling, two shorties (chip-wise) locked horns in Hugo Martin and next door neighbour Daren Bradick. On this occasion, it was Hugo in need of a win in order to stay in the tournament, and his survival never really looked in jeopardy as his battled Rhodes' [Braddick's] on a seemingly harmless Two Clubs two hearts board. Unfortunately, the Two on the River resulting a split pot to leave both players with circa 15k in chips.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:04:24 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
kieron_j_uk
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »

Can you give me the lowdown on Chris Rhodes please, and also another picture. Don't you agree he looks like Gus Hansen?
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »

Can you give me some sort of idea of the various fragrances prevalent in the card room as we speak?

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »

Like a quick bout of midget wrestling, two shorties (chip-wise) locked horns in Hugo Martin and next door neighbour Chris Rhodes. On this occasion, it was Hugo in need of a win in order to survive, and that never really looked in jeopardy as his Ah held up against Rhodes' on a harmless Two Clubs two hearts board.

As one went up, the other went down, but unlike a playground seesaw, they finish up on the same level with approximately 15k a piece in chips.

Surely that's a chop?

WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »

Like a quick bout of midget wrestling, two shorties (chip-wise) locked horns in Hugo Martin and next door neighbour Chris Rhodes. On this occasion, it was Hugo in need of a win in order to survive, and that never really looked in jeopardy as his Ah held up against Rhodes' on a harmless Two Clubs two hearts board.

As one went up, the other went down, but unlike a playground seesaw, they finish up on the same level with approximately 15k a piece in chips.

Surely that's a chop?
Aces up with a king choppity chop

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 03:33:16 PM »

chip count for Jen pleeeeze

Jen Anders Mason has sadly (my small investment makes me understandably biased) dropped down to 43k after being rugby tackled by Poker Verdicter Neil Channing. Raising to 3,025 from the cut-cut-off (ie. two before the button), Neil made it 9,000 from the small blind only for Jen to re-pop him to 19,000.

After a momentary dwell, Neil waved his hands and announced, "Okay, I'm all-in," before adding, "It's 24,500 or something."

Jen's expression turned sour as soon as Neil made his move, so I doubt the brief flurry of table talk made too much of a difference:

"Even an idiot gets a hand sometimes."

"Don't do it Jen, just get on with it."

As expected, Jen took defeat on the chin and lived to fight another as Neil confessed, "Good fold", flipping over Queens in the process.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »

"I don't think you're ahead," observes Mark Friedman as Brian Johnson all-in encounter with Piers Whyman leads to the latter revealing Kings.

"I don't think I'm ahead," jokes Brian as he places his inferior Pocket Fives onto the felt.

A Q-9-3-K-J board later and that was that.
mcgill

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2008, 03:39:29 PM »

chip count for lloyd rees please
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »

Thomas Dunwoodie makes it 5k to go, and small blind Hugo Martin moves in for 11.5k total. Super-shortstack big blind Daren Braddick decides he's live and comes along for the ride for his remaining 7.9k (including his blind). A short argument follows regarding the main pot, the size pot, and who has and hasn't received change. Eventually Dunwoodie throws in another 10k on top of his 5k raise to cover any eventuality, and they're on their backs.

Hugo Martin - 
Daren Braddick - er,
Thomas Dunwoodie -

Board - a totally decisive two spades

Hugo Martin - OUT
Daren Braddick - OUT
Thomas Dunwoodie - says something like "yippee!" and takes possession of no fewer than two shortstacks.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »

Surely that's a chop?

Yes, sincerest apologies, oversight on my part. Was a split pot and the player in question was Daren Bradick rather than Chris Rhodes, although both are admittedly dead lookalikes for Gus Hansen.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:10:32 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »

W Cheung just shovelled his shortish stack in on the button hoping to pick up the blinds.

Little did he know what awaited him though...

First off Jon "Skalie" Kalmar woke up with A-J. Also shortish he was happy to isolate Cheung's lilkely steal by getting his stack into the middle too. His attempt to isolate was destined for failure though as neither player were to know Steve Jelinek was sat there, loving all the action with a golden pair of aces in the Big Blind...

Cheung showed the worst hand of the lot in . The flop changed matters somewhat though.

flopped the cards, almost as if Cheung's Q-8 was drawing all the queens and eights out of the pack like a magnet and skalie was banished to the rail whilst Jelinek's stack took a bit of a hit...

Meanwhile I approach table Mason, where Jen has had a slow-ish start to see Jen calling a shortstacked push from Terry Simpson. Terry was hoping to be live with his J-9 but he was disappointed as Jen proudly paraded the dominating A-J and a board of Q-8-2-4-2 didn't alter the status quo meaning Terry hits the bar, and Jen's stack moves upwards and onwards.

GO JEN!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »

News on Thewy and John Conroy pls
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »

Nick Wright was told an interesting hand by Dave Colclough and he promptly told it to me. It's like Chinese whispers! Probably the hand went nothing like this...

Anyway, with 60k in the pot, Joe Grech bet out 40k on the river of an A-3-small-small-K board, and Stewart Clutterbuck dwelled up for a long time before calling. El Blondie said he put Clutterbuck on an Ace, but had no idea what Grech might have. It turned out to be pocket Nines...

Stewart Clutterbuck:

And as I wander over to take a photo of Mr Grech, I see that he has limped, and that the for-some-pleasing-reason-always-smiley-in-defeat Carlton Joseph has moved all in from the big blind. Grech calls.

Joe Grech
Carlton Joseph - 

Board -

Says Grech, "I'm gonna get you all now!"

Carlton Joseph, with my Zombie Updater Of The Day, AWOP's James:

He's gonna get you all now:

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:08:32 PM by danafish » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: