blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 64786 times)
Gripper

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2008, 12:14:14 AM »

Hi Dana,

don't know if you remember me from Jen's home games. Please pass on my support to her if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Martin.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

So Chili is on fire.

She has knocked out Leo Kam, raising preflop to find the shortish stacked Kam moving in behind. His 9-9 was no match for Maria's mighty cowboys though and Maria continues her dominant march through the field, looking like she has around 400k or more, which may well be good for the chip lead at this stage.

Jen is also turning her fortunes round.  She called a push from the shortish stacked Johnathan Martin with A-4 and survived against his 5-6. A few more uncontested raises preflop (she told me she had big hands and wanted action but as we were within earshot of the rest of the table I'm not sure how honest she was being!) mean Jen now has 180k and is happy as a curved yellow fruit.

I did'nt know that "fruitfull" english expression... very full of imagery Cheesy

otherwise...

GO JEN and Chili !!!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:19:04 AM by jpean » Logged

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

thanks dana rookie used to have a drink problem but is in recovery, im sure your comments helped ! thumbs up

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2008, 12:15:28 AM »

He may have set the pace during the opening days of the tournament, but the once big stacker Alessandro Meoni is now one of the shorties. In a battle of the blinds encounter with chip leader Tony Phillips, Alessandro bet 21.5k on an two spades Flop only for Tony to instacall, flicking in the chips as if it were small change. On the Turn, Allesandro pushed all-in for a total of 82,500, almost as quickly as Tony had called on the street prior, and swiftly adopted an awkward, almost nervy looking hands on mouth posture. Eying up his opponent like a piece of meat hanging from the butchers, Tony mulled over his decision before conceding the hand and allowing Allesandro, who, incidentally, is seated in Yilfer 'James Bond' Shevket's former seat, to die another day.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2008, 12:19:28 AM »

Double-up for Simon Wickenden, somehow getting it all in pre with against Stewart Clutterbuck's . But the gods smiled upon his not-very-good hand, giving him a board to keep him in the game.

Similar divine kindnesses fell upon Fran Egan. With most of his chips committed preflop against Marius Hogtun, he shoves the flop. Marius sort of chuckles - he has around half his chips in the pot already too. Eventually says he, "I need a King," and calls.

Marius Hogtun -
Fran Egan - the preflop David to Marius' Goliath

Turn - (OOOH!! say people around the table)
River -

And Mr Egan must be feeling Fran-tastic.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:55 AM »

thanks dana rookie used to have a drink problem but is in recovery, im sure your comments helped ! thumbs up

Oh. Sorry. (Please insert embarrassed smiley here.)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 09, 2008, 12:22:17 AM »

Hi Dana,

don't know if you remember me from Jen's home games. Please pass on my support to her if you get a chance.

Thanks,

Martin.

Hi Martin! Um, I hate to be the bearer of the incredibly bad news that you've just kind of bokked her, but I'm afraid it's the truth... Junglecat will be back shortly with the details...
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »

Hi Dana,

Thanks,

Martin.

Hi Martin! Um, I hate to be the bearer of the incredibly bad news that you've just kind of bokked her, but I'm afraid it's the truth... Junglecat will be back shortly with the details...

Does it mean that Jen is out ?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »

And fresh off of doubling up Simon Wickenden, Stewart Clutterbuck finds himself looking at a Two Diamonds flop, with David Rudling betting 25k at him. He shoves. Rudling wonders out loud whether he might have 9-2, or whether the diamonds, and calls.

Stewart Clutterbuck - 
David Rudling -

Turn -
River -

And, as Jon Raab said, it looks like Stewart has Clutterbucked it all up, and is OUT in 18th place.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: March 09, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »

Oh. Sorry. (Please insert embarrassed smiley here.)

only kidding hun hes teetotal   what a fool lol

keep up the good work dana and make sure you tell them girls the whole of blondes behind them  

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 09, 2008, 12:27:41 AM »

Er, yes. Sorry. Junglecat's writing it up now...
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2008, 12:28:20 AM »

Go go Chilli its payday time!!!!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2008, 12:30:02 AM »

only kidding hun hes teetotal  what a fool lol

keep up the good work dana and make sure you tell them girls the whole of blondes behind them 

Oh. Do you like my new hat? Smiley

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2008, 12:37:53 AM »

Hi Dana,

Thanks,

Martin.

I'm sad to say that this is the case.

Facing a raise to 40k, Jen re-popped to 90k, only to find David Rudling moving in behind her for the rest of her stack c 100k.

Jen hated the spot, she clearly had a hand but knew Rudling had to be big here.

Eventually, she decided too much of her stack was in the middle and made the call with A-K.

Rudling flipped over K-K and Jen tapped the table, knowing she needed to get very lucky. A board devoid of aces came and went though, the gigantic pot was shipped to David and a disappointed Jen was eliminated in 17th spot.

Congrats to David who found a big hand at the right time to shoot him up the leaderboard, but bad luck to Jen. She was giving herself a bit of a mental kicking saying she felt she had to fold, had to...but getting over 3-1 with A-K, I felt it wasn't the worst call in the world...any views on this???

Another close call in a GUKPT event, it won't be long before Jen is sat there on the final table in my opinion.

GOGOGOGO JEN - you're still a legend!!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »

Hi Dana,

Thanks,

Martin.

I'm sad to say that this is the case.

Facing a raise to 40k, Jen re-popped to 90k, only to find David Rudling moving in behind her for the rest of her stack c 100k.

Jen hated the spot, she clearly had a hand but knew Rudling had to be big here.

Eventually, she decided too much of her stack was in the middle and made the call with A-K.

Rudling flipped over K-K and Jen tapped the table, knowing she needed to get very lucky. A board devoid of aces came and went though, the gigantic pot was shipped to David and a disappointed Jen was eliminated in 17th spot.

Congrats to David who found a big hand at the right time to shoot him up the leaderboard, but bad luck to Jen. She was giving herself a bit of a mental kicking saying she felt she had to fold, had to...but getting over 3-1 with A-K, I felt it wasn't the worst call in the world...any views on this???

Another close call in a GUKPT event, it won't be long before Jen is sat there on the final table in my opinion.

GOGOGOGO JEN - you're still a legend!!!

His range has to be Aces and only Aces for it to be a bad call surely?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: