blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com London GUKPT Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 64787 times)
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2008, 12:44:37 AM »

Another close call in a GUKPT event, it won't be long before Jen is sat there on the final table in my opinion.

GOGOGOGO JEN - you're still a legend!!!

If she's not too sad, could you congratulate her for me ? 17th of 424 players, not too bad...

His range has to be Aces and only Aces for it to be a bad call surely?

it's true that the 3rd raise often means KK or AA, but did she have a stack who allowed her to fold AK  ??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:47:58 AM by jpean » Logged

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:09 AM »

Well played Jen, VUL getting a bit of a sick cooler at a crucial moment. And no she can never pass AK there i dont think.
rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2008, 12:51:34 AM »

Unlucky Jen, it's only a matter of time before you win one of these. You keep proving you are one of the top players around.

GL to Fran Egan
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »

Well played Jen, VUL getting a bit of a sick cooler at a crucial moment. And no she can never pass AK there i dont think.

Not for 8BB's no.

QQ and AK are much more likely than KK or AA tbh.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2008, 12:54:33 AM »

what the latest news on lil chillibobs?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2008, 12:55:38 AM »

In what was a dramatic loop the loop of emotions on the poker rollercoaster, we have lost Anthony Chapman courtesy of a jubilant Dan Samson. Anthony Chapman was at it to be fair, his shortstack push with being called quicker than a hiccup by Dan Samson and his . The board, however, had more drama than an episode of Eastenders, the Flop being followed by a and a Turn and River. Dan's understandable profanity (not sure I can type fuck on here) and frustration on the Flop transformed into "Yes!" and sheer elation on the Turn in the space of a few seconds to show just how much of white knuckle ride this poker lark can be.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2008, 01:02:01 AM »

Can you wish dan samson & maria good luck please.

vinny

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2008, 01:03:09 AM »

When I joined Jen at the cashier in a potentially futile effort to consolidate her, she seemed adamant that she made a bad call. "I had bad cards all the way through," she said, "and made just one mistake."

When I asked her what she thought his range was, she replied, "Aces, Kings, Queens, Jacks or Ace-King, definitely not Tens or A-Q."

If she did make a mistake, then I would say it wasn't a monumental one in the grand scheme of things. I've certainly seen a hell of a lot worse and I can imagine a lot of pro's would actually follow suit in Jen's position and make the call. I'm not even sure she did make a mistake at all, but then again I suck at poker.   Tongue

She did marvelously in my book and surely braced for a big win in the very near future. Imagine if she'd actually been dealt some hands.  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:08:03 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2008, 01:07:37 AM »

Personally I think Jen's situation this deep in the tourney is a cooler

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2008, 01:07:56 AM »

If she did make a mistake, then I would say it wasn't a monumental one in the grand scheme of things. I've certainly seen a hell of a lot worse and I can imagine a lot of pro's would actually follow suit in Jen's position and make the call.

She did marvelously in my book and surely braced for a big win in the very near future. Imagine if she'd actually been dealt some hands.  Shocked

I'm sure that we could make a very long debate about some calls... you know that you are beaten, but you are short stack too... what to do here...

GO Jen !!! it's a nice result to celebrate your new sponsor...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: March 09, 2008, 01:09:39 AM »

If she did make a mistake, then I would say it wasn't a monumental one in the grand scheme of things. I've certainly seen a hell of a lot worse and I can imagine a lot of pro's would actually follow suit in Jen's position and make the call.

I'm sure that we could make a very long debate about some calls... you know that you are beaten, but you are short stack too... what to do here...

It's always very easy to comment from the sidelines too. Unless you're at the table, you don't know the history of certain confrontations, who's been making moves, etc.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2008, 01:13:37 AM »

It's always very easy to comment from the sidelines too. Unless you're at the table, you don't know the history of certain confrontations, who's been making moves, etc.

I never have said that she made an error... I don't understand why you posted that... I only said that IMO, some people will say to CALL others to FOLD here and that it would be a big discussion about that...

maybe what I wrote could have many ways to be understand... if so, I promisse that I never wanted to reprimand her here... who I am to do that Huh?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:16:55 AM by jpean » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: March 09, 2008, 01:16:49 AM »

Play has now finished, with 14 players remaining.

One player who will be having a hard, and probably short, time of it tomorrow is Davood Mehrmand.

Tony Phillips raises preflop and Ketul Nathwani moves all in. In an unexpected sort of way, Davood moves in too, and Tony gets out of the way.

Davood -
Ketul - three diamonds

Board - (at which point Davood properly bellows "TENNNNS!!!"

And he is absolutely crippled, down to just 55k with the blinds at 6k/12k tomorrow. Must be the thought of that, did that to his hair...

He will for no reason have the head of Marius Hogtun!

Click to see full-size image.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2008, 01:17:06 AM »

Here are the chip counts of the remaining 12 players returning tomorrow.

Tony Phillips   668000
David Rudling   546500
Maria Demetriou   470000
Ketul Nathwani   410500
Alessandro Meoni 349500
Lloyd Reece   346000
Dan Sansom   310000
Darren Pearce   294500
Steve Jelinek   258000
Colin Kennedy   243500
Marius Hogtun   144000
Fran Egan   101000
Simon Wickenden   67000
Davood Mehrmand   55500

Dana has some insights from the final few hands, but after a day packed with intrigue and excitement we are close to ready to wrapping things up.

Well done to Jen for running so deep, and superb stuff from Maria, who returns very well placed in 3rd spot and a big threat to take down this leg of the GUKPT.

I'll leave it to Dana to bring you the last few details but from me, thanks for following, I'll see all of you (no exceptions) back here tomorrow for the exciting climax to the tournament.

For now though 

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2008, 01:19:37 AM »

Yes it's goodnight from us until 2pm.

This is how we feel about going home:

What did you say, Phil? We're back at 2pm for the thrilling conclusion of the London GUKPT?

Jen wants her booby prize back now. Sad

See you tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: