blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 11605 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Ok, so as I'm heading back into the tournament area (with Men At Work's classic 'I come from a land down under' blaring out of the speakers, occasionally interrupted by the tannoy asking for a 'Mr Steve', repeatedly which turns out to be sometime EPT tournament director Steve). I spot Christoffer Sonnesson (he of freeroll-greatness much earlier) involved in a pot. Hans Ritburg had bet out on a flop, another player had called before Christoffer shoved in a mammoth-sized moutain of red 500 chips.

Hans called for the rest of his stack and the third player got out of the way. The dutchman showed for a vunerable second pair, but it was still ahead of Sonnesson's drawtacular hand and somehow managed to avoid every bullet.

Craig Hopkins -- 14k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »

Katja Thater and Johannes Strassman are sitting on the couch a-chillin' and a-smokin' so they are OUT.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

Robert Flink has just taken a sizeable pot off the American Gentleman (name unknown) to his right. He had K-K on a K-9-8-8-x board vs 8-6 to add to his 60k plus stack. I guess he flinks he's doing well... Roll Eyes

James Honeybone re-raises a cut-off raiser from the big blind only to find himself being set-in. Having commited half his stack he miserably and reluctantly says call. The OR flips 7-7 and James' mood is instantly lightened as he turns over the non-dominated K-J, a K-J-x flop with another Jack on the turn for good measure and the New Zealander is, like Robert Randolph and the Family Band, 'Going in the right direction.'

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »

By the way, this is the last level of the night.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 10:45:09 PM »

chip count for Sir Woody of Deck please snoops

Sir Woody of Deck -- 30,000

Also:

Casey Kastle -- 25,000
Joe Serock -- 60,000  (pictured, earlier, before his towers became dangerously tall, as now)
Gino Alacqua -- 13,000
Marc Goodwin -- 12,500
Bo Sehlstedt -- OUT
Julian Thew -- 10,600
Trond Eidsvig -- 37,000
Danny Ryan -- 19,250
Ulrica  Skönnemark -- 25,500
Stewart Chantler -- 22,400

« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:47:36 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 10:52:42 PM »

Johan Storakers doubles up in the closing minutes of the day... sitting on a fast-becoming-perilous 10,400, I'd already seen him push in preflop once in the preceding ten minutes over the top of a Casey Kastle preflop raise which won him the blinds, antes, and raise... but the double came when he called a raise to 1,500 in the big blind, after small blind Kastle called too.

Flop:    Check to the p/f raiser who bet out 3,000.  Fold from Kastle, but quick shove from Storakers.  Bit of a dwell... there was 7,750 more to call... which his opponent duly does with .  Storakers has the .
Turn:     (The quick-on-the-uptake railers mutter that the Ten's no good...)
River:  

Which is no good.  Double through for the pro player, and almost no time of the level left for him to lose it back tonight.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »

Last 5 hands for the night.

Danny Ryan is now sitting next to the newly doubled up Dan Carter (21k thanks to T-T vs A-K), the latter stating, "I couldn't lose a race with Danny next to me and Julian behind me!"

He was referring to Thewy, who has been moved next Craig 'The Apple' Hopkins, both have around 13k at the moment whilst Dana's favourite boy-toy, Tronde Eidsvig continues to pick up a lot of blinds at the end of the day.

Mark Teltscher is here, it's unknown if his sister is going to be playing though.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »

Quick Brit Count as they leave:

Dan Carter -- 20,800
Julian Thew -- 8,900
Craig Hopkins -- 15,000

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: