blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 11604 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 05:15:23 PM »

Last year's winner, Peter Jepsen is OUT.

Dan Carter said he'd been playing horrible, loose passive poker and getting himself into awkward spots.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 05:24:09 PM »

Oh, OK, but only because I have sort of a hand to report involving him.  It was just a really long river dwell against the guy pictured below (possibly Julien Boue)... on the river Trond bet out 1,100, and found a raise to 2,500... he thought for ages, ordered an orange juice, told his opponent, "You have the King-Jack of spades..." and passed.  He's still got 24,000 though, so never fear.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 05:32:14 PM »

Chip counts....

Dario Minieri -- 15,500
Dan Carter -- 6,000
Julian Thew -- 11,000  (Back from 600!)
Patric Martensson -- 11,700
Woody Deck -- 16,300
Gino Alacqua -- 19,200
Kara Scott -- OUT
Paul Foltyn -- 9,500  (Weirdly, just moved back to his original table, except on the other side of Gino)
Marc Goodwin -- 8,200
Johan Storakers -- 8,075
Joe Serock -- 10,700
Robert Binelli -- 8,800  (Pictured, looking imperious next to Mr. Deck)
Bo Sehlstedt -- 13,500
Patrick Bueno -- 13,000
Adam Fyshe -- 18,000

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »

Latest table to break - that of Ramzi Jelassi (pictured) who now seems to have melted into the background leading me to assume an early exit.  Usually he waits to get Aces cracked near the bubble, or with just a few tables left, but not today.  Might be re-sat behind a pillar though.  Earlier down to 5k after losing several smallish pots, and trying to work out tablemate James Honeybone who'd called him with Ace high earlier.  "It was good," he admitted sheepishly.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »

PCA Finalist Joe 'bigegypt' Elpayaa is OUT.

He was all-in on the turn of a with against Frederik Haugen's but missed the river.

Pab managed to miss with on a x board somehow. "I'm running bad."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 07:11:04 PM »

yep, solid n regular,  enough information?

Goooooooooooooo Pab's large intestine!!!!!!!

I'm afraid this has turned out to be a (g)astronomical-sized bokk on our parts as Pab is OUT. He raised from UTG and was called  by the button (who had, the previous hand, been forced to showdown 10 high). The flop came out two spades and the other player bet out 1200, Pab had him covered by a little and decided the other player was steaming from the previous hand, Pab set him and was instantly called by Aces. A heart on the turn gave Pab hope, but the river was a blank. Pab then threw out his last thousand or so in with 9-8o, this time against the small blind, only to find he was dominated by Q-8. No help, and I'm guessing it's another 30 hour trip back to Oz for Mr Foltyn.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »

Weird overbet/call combo of the day:

The gent pictured here is raking in the chips of a player whom the seating plan has as Magnus Petersson but I don't really know.  That's not the focus of this story though, it's the fact that OutMatey raised preflop to 700 (the blinds are 150/300), only to find the button, this guy, moving all in for 8,075.  Back to OutMatey who went into the deepest tank I've seen so far today, eventually getting the clock called on him.  With a few seconds left to go, he eventually, suddenly, whacked his whole 7k stack in.  Which we weren't expecting.  He showed ...
... Pictured gent showed .

Flop...
Turn... (some misguided supporter was asking for a Queen for the all in player...)
River: 

So down one.  This is on Table Thew, by the way. The table on which he's cemented his Climber of the Day position.

Good ol' Pocket Fives

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »

Julian Thew raises to 900 in mid-position, Multiple EPT casher and twice finalist, Patric Martensson moves in for 6,500 next to him and it's passed back to Thewy who makes the call.

Martensson:

Thewy:

Board:

two spades , but before you can say, "LOL Thewyments", is the turn card. A flush draw you know just won't materialise disappears when the river is the .

I think it's close to a dead heat between Julian and Michael Johnson for races won

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 07:55:04 PM »

Threeway All-In Action!!

And the beneficiary: Stewart Chantler, LHS neighbour of Woody Deck (also featured), in the red stripey shirt looking oddly disinterested as he doubles-up-and-then-some.

What appears to have happened:  Woody raises preflop, Stewart re-raises, a third gent calls all-in, back to Woody who pushes all-in (he covered both players), insta-called by Stewart.

Stewart: 
Woody: 
All-in shortMatey: 

The board came Ten high with no semiflush excitement so Mr. Deck back to 13k and down one more player.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »

Speaking of young-high rollers, Dario Minieri is OUT. I had spotted him doubling up earlier with A-6 on an A-J-6 board vs A-T but, he's not been able to build on that.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 08:29:06 PM »

Looks like WPT Barcelona runner-up Ludovic Lacay is a gonna. He and his over-sized headphones are noticeably absent from the table after an A-6s squeeze was felled by K-J.

White socks? Sandals? Yes, it can mean only one thing...Greg Raymer is here, ready to do battle tomorrow.

All you Marek Kolk fans, I'm sorry to say, he's OUT. Kings into Jacks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »

Dan Carter Update:

Doing better, as his almost tender grin at the fan he's borrowed from Julian attests.  Apparently he was the beneficiary of a wonderful gift with Two Diamonds.  I must first stress that he paid not a penny over the big blind (which he was on) to see the flop, it was only a limp from the button, limp from the small blind...

Anyway it turned out that the small blind, who pushed on the flop and whom Dan instacalled, had 10c 10s but was pounded by The Hammer and is now OUT.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »

Trond Eidsvig builds his stack...  every time I walk by his table, he's all involved in something.  That's probably why this hand went as it did...

Matey in the Technics shirt raises in mid to 1,100.  Trond re-raises on the button to 2,950.  A call.

Flop:  Two Diamonds   Now Matey (fig.1, dwelling) bet out 3,500.

Over to the young Norwegian chip magnet.  He does a weird sort of stack count-down, slowly adding up and subtracting from stacks in a way which was mildly incomprehensible, before putting them all in a stack, going from high denom to low denom on top and prodding the stack slowly over the line.

Swiftly finding the decision back on him, TechnicsMatey, who covered Trond, faced calling 11,000 to see his cards.  Head in hands, then fingers laced, then staring at the flop, he eventually made the call with , only to see a standing-up Trond showing .  The turn and river came the harmless three clubs and it's over to him:

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 08:54:52 PM »

Can you get an update on fishbones11 (Adam Fyshe) please?

A Fyshe has chips. We guestimate about 40k.

Thewy news/chip count pls..

25k and fan at high power.

Not doing so well  on the same table is James Honeybone, lost a big chunk it seems from his earlier decent 35k stack.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

Looks like WPT Barcelona runner-up Ludovic Lacay is a gonna. He and his over-sized headphones are noticeably absent from the table after an A-6s squeeze was felled by K-J.

White socks? Sandals? Yes, it can mean only one thing...Greg Raymer is here, ready to do battle tomorrow.

All you Marek Kolk fans, I'm sorry to say, he's OUT. Kings into Jacks.

What's the latest on Craig Hopkins?

Still on roughly 10k at the moment. He's been moved to the same table as Tronde Eidsvig.

Marc Goodwin has about 13k and it's moving quietly along.

Earlier Jen reported that Casey Kastle, (or is it Kasey Castle?) was the chip leader, but that's no longer the case after he and Robert Flink clashed in a 50k AIPF pot. Kastle (or Castle) held Jacks and Flink had Ace King. Two aces on the board and Kasey (or Casey) went to the break with a shortened 14k stack, swearing with each step up the winding stairs to the bar.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: