blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: FINAL TABLE  (Read 25168 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2008, 06:36:01 PM »

Ok, we've restarted. After some serious Rock/Scissors/Paper pwnage, Jen is forced to go downstairs first.

Mwahahahahaha.

Hahah.

Ha.

With the blinds now 10k/20k, Christian will have to do something and fast.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »

Hi Floppy or Jen, do u play on blonde poker? (prob a stupid question) is there any sign up bonus? im at a lose end and want to try blonde would you recomend it?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

Hi Floppy or Jen, do u play on blonde poker? (prob a stupid question) is there any sign up bonus? im at a lose end and want to try blonde would you recomend it?

Hello there - no sign up bonus as yet I don't think (been a while since I opened my account), but would recommend giving it a try - oh look, a banner appears to be right over there ------------->

Blondepoker is part of the ipoker network so there are always a decent number of people online, and hold'em cash games especially go all night.  GL...

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2008, 06:53:43 PM »

Cheers jen and well done in the GUKPT by the way, i spotted the banner lol.

Great updates keep em up and il give Blonde Poker a spin tonight!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2008, 06:58:03 PM »

Short stack Christian Öman moved in preflop twice in a row, right away after the return from dinner break, but no call.  Then he went all quiet as the other players took potshots at each other like so:

Small blind Ricardo Sousa raised to 61k (after laboriously and I must say rather tediously counting it out in stacks of two, as he seems to be accustomed to do) and big blind Mathias Viberg called.  Flop:    Check to Mathias, who bet 75k.  A bit of self-torture, it looked like, and the room fell silent as he chip counted again, but the tension was marvellously broken by Christian knocking over the table behind him, spilling some drinks and overbalancing the comedy cheque.  "Hope you weren't filming that," he says.
An eventual pass from the Portuguese player who showed the Two Clubs Two Diamonds.

A couple of hands later (which seemed to involve a lot of under the gun raising and thereby stealing of blinds, oddly) Ricardo raised utg to 55k, called by Michael Schulze in the big blind.
Flop:    Slow check from both players.
Turn:    Michael bets out 60k now, eventually called by Ricardo.
River:    Check from Michael, and Ricardo sort of gives up, admitting that he only has Queen high.  So Michael's King-high ( ) wins the pot.

Ricardo's expression says it all:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »

Cheers jen and well done in the GUKPT by the way, i spotted the banner lol.

ty & ty and gl.  Succinct, no?  OK it's my turn to go back downstairs... I hear rumours of a certain double-up, which details I am sure Homer is just about to bring you.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 07:17:15 PM »

Christian pushes from the small blind with . Mehdi calls from the big blind with

We have a race!

Board:

The Swede doubles up to almost half a million. Medhi still has about 550k left.

Next Medhi limps in the small blind and Michael Schulze raises to 60k in the big blind. Medhi, perhaps a little steamed calls.

Medhi bets 50k into the pot. Schulze reads this for what it is, a fairly weak attempt to steal. The German raises to 150k and Medhi insta-folds.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »

Ricardo raises to 60k from UTG. Schulze calls from the big blind.

Check check.

Now Schulze leads out for 50k, which should scream danger to the other players as he only tends to lead strong hands on the turn after a check/check flop. Ricardo calls.

Schulze now bets 100k which looks milky, and since none of the press recall him bluffing once in the last couple of days and he seems to play very straight-forward ABC poker, it'll take a strong hand to beat him. With a grimace, Ricardo calls with , but Schulze's is good.

Ricardo bemoans the fact that "He [Schulze] is hitting everything..."

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2008, 07:29:59 PM »

Ricardo is now short and limps in the small blind. Mattias raises to 60k, Ricardo, who Benjo says, "...is tilting himself by dwelling up every hand and suffering every pass he has to make," dwells once more before moving all-in. We think he's steaming here and Mattias eventually makes the call for the extra 177k.

Mattias:

Ricardo: Two Clubs

Board:

A fist pump from Ricardo who realises how lucky he just got.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »

Oh poker, such a cruel mistress.  Here we have two sides of the same sort of coin....

1) Double up for Ricardo Sousa, who decided to move in over the top of a Michael Schulze preflop raise to 80k.  Michael calls with - Ricardo (who has been a little active, dare I suggest tilty recently) shows .

Flop: 
Turn: three diamonds  so the AJ is now drawing dead and that's a much healthier stack for Ricardo, who says (and for this I give him credit):  "One Queen is enough, but I'm the luckiest guy on the EPT, so I have to hit two!"

2)  Michael Schulze raises in the cutoff to 80k.  Christian Öman in the big blind decides to give him a spin (blinds now 15k/30k).
Flop:    Check to Michael, who also checks.  All very brisk.
Turn:    Check to Michael again - this time he rather unexpectedly moves all in (which equates to around 330k - what Christian has left).  Now there's a pause, and this time fair enough.  Eventually he makes an excellent call with for his tournament life.
Michael shows: .

River...

...wait for it...

Ouch!  So Christian Öman finishes in 5th place, winning 437,980 zloty /  €123,989!  Let's hope that's enough to cover his shopping spree.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2008, 07:53:23 PM »

And here pictured is the man with all the chips:  Michael Schulze (+ bio courtesy of Pokerstars)...

Seat 7: Michael Schulze, 40, Schleswig , Germany
Chip leader Michael bought in direct to EPT Warsaw having already played in Copenhagen and Dortmund without much success. He only took up poker four years ago and is strictly a recreational player. He sid: “I only play for fun, the money doesn’t really matter to me. Even if I win first prize today, it won’t affect me too much on the financial side of things.” Asked about his play so far, Michael replied: “I got lucky and get good cards, and they help up.” Whatever happens today, Michael is already planning to play in San Remo as well.

Counts (rough):

Michael Schulze -- 1,700,000
Mehdi Ouakhir -- 685,000
Mathias Viberg -- 550,000
Ricardo Sousa -- 450,000

(although news just in Ricardo has a bit more now)...

jpean

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »

yep, despite the too short update yesterday, really great updates !!!

Go Frenchie ! Go Medhi !!!!!
any photo of him ? please ?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »

Great updates guys

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2008, 08:12:28 PM »

Raise to 100k from Medhi, Schulze calls on the button. Ricardo moves in from the small blind for 322k more. Medhi folds instantly, but Schulze thinks for ages, before folding.

Ricardo continues to raise a lot, he takes one down on a two spades board against Medhi, then he and Medhi clash again in the next hand. Ricardo raies and Medhi looks at his cards for so long that half the rail behind him see the in his hand. He quickly calls the raise from the big blind.

Medhi instantly bets 100k. Ricardo dwells once more, he knows he's folding, Medhi knows he's folding, we know he's folding. Eventually he folds.

More Ricardo raising, this time to 85k but Mattias pushes for 350k. Dwell, agonize, pass from Ricardo, etc...

Chip leader Michael Schulze.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »

yep, despite the too short update yesterday, really great updates !!!

Go Frenchie ! Go Medhi !!!!!
any photo of him ? please ?

Oh, it's not such good news, actually... a million chip pot went away from him a few minutes ago, denting his stack to critical condition -

Mehdi (who'd been pretty active recently, accumulating a few chips) raised on the button to 100k.  Big blind Ricardo thought for a moment and then announced all-in with one of those waggles of the fingers.  As Mehdi struggles with the decision posed by this, we can hear from behind a screen which keeps the table games from view of the cameras etc.  a bunch of Americans having a much less stressful time of it:  "The night is still YOUNG!"

Something snaps and Mehdi says he's going to make a "sick call," in an attempt to get rid of Ricardo - and even though it's another 421k to call he does so with .
Ricardo shows:  .

Flop: 
Turn: 
River:

So one million chips heads toward Ricardo Sousa, while Mehdi Ouakhir is down to around 300k.  "I never lose, man," says Ricardo as the pot is shipped to him.  That does seem to be the case, but in his excitement he delivers the rubdown for good measure, "That was a bad call.  This is my EPT." 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: