blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Chris Moorman: in the well
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Moorman: in the well  (Read 101149 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »

What would you recommend to newer players who are playing lower stakes and looking to step up a level.?
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 06:26:14 PM »

Chris, what is the secret of being so consistent and how would you describe your playing style?

I'm a nit and a crazy lag tard at the same time... I think I'm pretty good at applying pressure in hands and at certain stages of mtt's and minimizing my losses in hands where I'm beat... I'm also good at taking control of tables. I really suck headsup though!

The secret to consistency I think is to treat every tourney the same. I still play the full tilt $30r with as much focus as something a lot bigger.... basically I hate losing so thats what drives me to keep putting up results and not getting complacent

thanks Chris  thumbs up

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 06:29:52 PM »

Congrats on your success and many thanks for taking the time out t do the well.

What would be the No.1 piece of advice you would give to someone starting out on lowstake ($5-$10) MTT's online?

I will be expected to ask this one after my decision in the £100 event at the Edinburgh GCBPT..........I've read a couple of notes where you are in deal bargaining and you do play hardball, what is your traditional stance on dealing and what do you take into account when trying to do a deal.

Appreciated
Geo

Just play simple ABC poker I know its said time and time again but it will really work for you. Try not to play many pots out of position and really focus on all of the players on the table.... who won't fold any pair?, who looks like they want to just cash? who likes to bluff big at the sign of weakness etc. I haven't played the low stakes mtt's for a while but I imagine that they aren't all that different to when I played them and this is exactly what I did.

God I'm no deal expert (I actually think i got a bad deal in the $5k winner takes all) but all I would say is to never suggest a deal because if it looks like you are not desperate to deal then you will be able to get something better for yourself. On the whole I wouldn't reccommend deals if you have a skill edge because they are -ev but sometimes when there is a lot of money at stake and you feel the other players are of similar standard to you then it is worth doing in order to reduce your variance.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 06:32:07 PM »

Congrats on your success and many thanks for taking the time out t do the well.

What would be the No.1 piece of advice you would give to someone starting out on lowstake ($5-$10) MTT's online?

I will be expected to ask this one after my decision in the £100 event at the Edinburgh GCBPT..........I've read a couple of notes where you are in deal bargaining and you do play hardball, what is your traditional stance on dealing and what do you take into account when trying to do a deal.

Appreciated
Geo

Just play simple ABC poker I know its said time and time again but it will really work for you. Try not to play many pots out of position and really focus on all of the players on the table.... who won't fold any pair?, who looks like they want to just cash? who likes to bluff big at the sign of weakness etc. I haven't played the low stakes mtt's for a while but I imagine that they aren't all that different to when I played them and this is exactly what I did.

God I'm no deal expert (I actually think i got a bad deal in the $5k winner takes all) but all I would say is to never suggest a deal because if it looks like you are not desperate to deal then you will be able to get something better for yourself. On the whole I wouldn't reccommend deals if you have a skill edge because they are -ev but sometimes when there is a lot of money at stake and you feel the other players are of similar standard to you then it is worth doing in order to reduce your variance.

appreciated

geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 06:36:57 PM »

How many MTTs do you play at once?

Do you use PT/other software whilst playing to keep tabs on players or are you just watching and making notes?

1. Too many is probably the answer to this one. Normally 6-8 but in really busy times it can be over ten lol. I probably start losing a bit of edge when I get over 6 but I just can't resist playing most of the mtt's that are available on stars and tilt when I'm in a session because I'm a degenerate.

2. I would use pahud but my version isnt working properly and it lags my pc a lot when I play a lot of tables. I just try to look at big hands and the hand history of them and label people that I don't know from that. I have a pretty extensive system of notes though and in a lot of the tourneys I play there are a lot of regulars, so I know their games pretty well.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »

How important is tilt shoving as a multi tabling MTT player?

Do you rate yourself as one of the best at tilt shoving? Are there other players who you can still learn from when it comes to tilt shoving?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 06:42:01 PM »

What would you recommend to newer players who are playing lower stakes and looking to step up a level.?

Make sure you are consistently beating the level that you are playing at the moment before you move up. In my opinion you should only move up when you are happy that you are one of the best at the level you are currently playing, for example.. you are crushing both the fish and beating most of the regulars at a 50/1 cash game then you can move up to 1/2. I don't think you should try to move up too quickly but should wait till you are crushing and feel like your no longer improving as much at the current level.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »

Make sure you are consistently beating the level that you are playing at the moment before you move up. In my opinion you should only move up when you are happy that you are one of the best at the level you are currently playing, for example.. you are crushing both the fish and beating most of the regulars at a 50/1 cash game then you can move up to 1/2. I don't think you should try to move up too quickly but should wait till you are crushing and feel like your no longer improving as much at the current level.

What about stepping up a level in MTTs?
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »

How many events are you playing at the wsop, Have you qualified for the ME yet or just gonna buy in?

Did you make a deal with the devil to run as hot as you do Wink

Cheers

I'm going for about 2 months this year and am really hoping to play at least 10 events. I haven't played any satellites online yet but from next week I will be playing the weekly $1k satellite to the main event on full tilt (as I run like god there and the structure and number of packages available is great).

I don't run as hot as you all think lol In tournaments no one remembers all the times you get bad beated out (apart from yourself obv) but they just remember the suckouts you pull out.... and the way I play I'm bound to suck out occasionally lol

Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »

I dunno really just when you feel comfortable I guess.... whats stakes are you currently playing? If your hitting a roi over 50% over 200 mtt's or so I think it would definetly be worth moving up. I think you stick to a minimum of 50 buyins for each size mtt u are playing so if you wanted to play $20 freezeouts u should have at least 1k... tbh 100 buyins would probably more ideal.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 06:51:53 PM »

Where is the cash game article you mentioned!

I watched the tourny you posted a while back and noticed you didn't play PP's very often, can you explain your attitude to pocket pairs (low to mid) in mtt's and your thinking when dealt them?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 06:54:29 PM »

I dunno really just when you feel comfortable I guess.... whats stakes are you currently playing? If your hitting a roi over 50% over 200 mtt's or so I think it would definetly be worth moving up. I think you stick to a minimum of 50 buyins for each size mtt u are playing so if you wanted to play $20 freezeouts u should have at least 1k... tbh 100 buyins would probably more ideal.

Thanks Chris, that definitely got me thinking Smiley
Moorman1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

Where is the cash game article you mentioned!

I watched the tourny you posted a while back and noticed you didn't play PP's very often, can you explain your attitude to pocket pairs (low to mid) in mtt's and your thinking when dealt them?

1. I have no idea about the cash game article but it was just something basic from which I worked out that open shoving 200bb's when folded to was not a winning play lol.

2. Pocket pairs are often overrated.... I don't think you will see me open fold them very often but a small pocket pair to a raise deeper on in a tourney is normally a raise or fold spot because the stacks online aren't deep enough to set mine and they are nearly impossible to play post flop if you don't flop a set. Early on they are great hands because when you hit your set your in a great spot and if you don't you can just throw them away cheaply after the flop

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »

How many events are you playing at the wsop, Have you qualified for the ME yet or just gonna buy in?

Did you make a deal with the devil to run as hot as you do Wink

Cheers

I'm going for about 2 months this year and am really hoping to play at least 10 events. I haven't played any satellites online yet but from next week I will be playing the weekly $1k satellite to the main event on full tilt (as I run like god there and the structure and number of packages available is great).

I don't run as hot as you all think lol In tournaments no one remembers all the times you get bad beated out (apart from yourself obv) but they just remember the suckouts you pull out.... and the way I play I'm bound to suck out occasionally lol

Cheers for the well moomin

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

I was watching some of the $5K WTA Final replay on 'Stars. Are you planning on doing an analysis of it on your blog?

Do you think having your hole cards exposed on that will make it harder to cash in the bigger events?

Did many of your foes "big folds" surprise you when you see their holdings on the replay? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: