blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  APAT News
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: APAT News  (Read 196323 times)
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:16 PM »

I've played a few APAT events and I've been pro for 6 years, the police have still to be called.
yes but i aint funny so aint as welcome as you buddy.   no one gives a fcuk about hendonmob cashes as the best players GIQ online and fly under the radar

FYP

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 17, 2011, 08:35:03 PM »

sorry if i upset you. just sums you up  taking peoples money  in an amateur game when quite clearly can play on line but clueless live Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 18, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »

Heads up already sold out?

54 seems like an odd number to cap it at.

64 would seem more logical.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: July 18, 2011, 09:52:30 AM »

Heads up already sold out?

54 seems like an odd number to cap it at.

64 would seem more logical.

There are seats held back for package/satellite winners.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 18, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »

Nevermind.  All registered

Edit
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:58:38 PM by Alverton » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 29, 2011, 02:52:38 PM »

Finally got sick of all the APAT facebook spam and removed myself from the group.

Getting the same spam from more than 1 person in the same group is tilting as hell so I had to escape.

Might be worth considering keeping it down to just 1 person sending out all the messages.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 29, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »

the group has got masses of members, and is extremely effective at getting messages out. Personally I prefer several people doing it, after all they have different areas of responsibility

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 29, 2011, 03:58:22 PM »

I've set it so I don't receive any messages from the group anymore cos it was getting ridic spammy

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 30, 2011, 11:33:48 AM »

Yes, if you wanted to meet some of the players from here APAT is a good place to do it. You might be waiting a long time for the next Blonde Bash unfortunately. I would strongly recommend heading to one of these events if you have the chance. From the point of view of meeting good people and it is indeed the best part of APAT.

The DTD event is likely to be great and whilst I don't 100% agree with pro's playing in APAT it doesn't really matter if they do and I would not be upset by it if they won (pros have won some events they are allowed to play in and nobody has really complained in any serious way), as Claw said it's not like we are going to be talking about somebody like Phil Ivey. Based on the posts smashedagain made here he would qualify to play an APAT as poker is not his only form of income.
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 30, 2011, 11:39:56 AM »

Yes, if you wanted to meet some of the players from here APAT is a good place to do it. You might be waiting a long time for the next Blonde Bash unfortunately. I would strongly recommend heading to one of these events if you have the chance. From the point of view of meeting good people and it is indeed the best part of APAT.

The DTD event is likely to be great and whilst I don't 100% agree with pro's playing in APAT it doesn't really matter if they do and I would not be upset by it if they won (pros have won some events they are allowed to play in and nobody has really complained in any serious way), as Claw said it's not like we are going to be talking about somebody like Phil Ivey. Based on the posts smashedagain made here he would qualify to play an APAT as poker is not his only form of income.

Ivey probably couldn't afford the buy-in at the moment, much less the air-fare!  Shocked

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #850 on: July 30, 2011, 12:51:56 PM »

Ivey probably couldn't afford the buy-in at the moment, much less the air-fare!  Shocked

On top of which Sir Herbsalot would completely pwn him.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 31, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »

On top of which Sir Herbsalot would completely pwn him.
I don't know who Mr. Herbert is but would be cool to meet him at DTD imo as his (non-)diary is a great thread. And if he owns Ivey whilst he is there that is also all good :-)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: July 31, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »

Lol thanks very much. I love to meet people from blonde and may come down for an afternoon but probably won't Play.  Good Luck everyone

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 01, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »

Finally got sick of all the APAT facebook spam and removed myself from the group.

Getting the same spam from more than 1 person in the same group is tilting as hell so I had to escape.

Might be worth considering keeping it down to just 1 person sending out all the messages.

Apologies on the 'spam'

The group was updated to the new facebook groups and this changes the settings for all members to receive notifications when anyone posts on the group wall.  You can easily change the settings within your Facebook profile.

We try not to spam our members.  We will invite the group to each event we do (But I even consolidate that down, so it's not too many invites), and I'll occasionally send a monthly reminder to everyone if there's a lot going on.

What I think you are interpreting as APAT spam is just members posting on the group wall and you receiving a notification.

Leigh

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 01, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

as I've now discovered leigh, changing settings doesn't really help. nor does leaving the group as anyone with you and des as a friend still gets notified of you posting stuff to the group. big flaw in how groups work obviously and not a lot you can do about  it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: