blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul "Pab" Foltyn: In the well  (Read 91656 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2008, 04:36:29 PM »

And is 89 off suit the hand that you never want to see against you ever again ?

lol yeh too sick. Towards the end he asked me if i wanted to go all in blind next hand for the trophy, i declined and so the next hand he open ships 30BB's and shows me 89o when I pass, lol

lol so sick-did he actually mean all in blind for just trophy with an even split of the cash or was it a split for the difference between 1st and 2nd prize anol??

Pretty sure he meant that because we were about even stacks we should just go all in blind next hand and see who won, trophy and extra £39k.  I said no becasue I felt the match was goign in my favour especailly after a pep talk with HU champ j.kimber on the break just before that

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2008, 05:16:11 PM »

Pab, even allowing for the fact you scooped

how did you judge the standard of the GUKPT Grand final compared to say your WSOP final or an online biggie?

many differences? much adapting required by you?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »

When are you coming back up to Leeds?

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 02:16:28 AM »

Have you heard the rumours that Liverpool are after Delph?

When is IamSuited returning to the front lines?

What the hell posessed you into making the SB vs BB call with K5 in the ECOOP last night? What was your thinking behind it?

Do you find you're more suited to live comps than online? Do you find there are more free chips in play?

Who stacks chips more neatly, you or Moomin?

Were there any hands in the GUKPT you played badly? Did you kick yourself at any stage?

Would you be able to raise your game further by putting in even more hours than you do? ie going for the P5's no 1 spot.

Would you say it's easier to be profitable at cash or comps online right now?

Did you find it difficult going back to tourneys after playing so much cash earlier this year? Did you bring any bad cash habits with you when you first went back?
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 05:35:28 AM »

And is 89 off suit the hand that you never want to see against you ever again ?

lol yeh too sick. Towards the end he asked me if i wanted to go all in blind next hand for the trophy, i declined and so the next hand he open ships 30BB's and shows me 89o when I pass, lol

lol so sick-did he actually mean all in blind for just trophy with an even split of the cash or was it a split for the difference between 1st and 2nd prize anol??

Pretty sure he meant that because we were about even stacks we should just go all in blind next hand and see who won, trophy and extra £39k.  I said no becasue I felt the match was goign in my favour especailly after a pep talk with HU champ j.kimber on the break just before that

lol gotta look after my £20 at 125-1 Shocked)...u battered him, was bit surprised to see him tryin to take the skill out and just boshing it in but about the 4th time u got it in good it finally held, great dispay, especially when sometimes it feels like it just might not be your day as they say....u proved that was blx, so long as u keep composed and playing better poker u get there no mattr who's day it looks like being. quite a compliment that a v gd player like duvall is reduced to basically gamblng rather than tryin to outplay u tho. see ya for celebratory beers in luton, does life get any better than that?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 10:24:43 AM »

Which prem team has not got scouts watching him? only a matter of time
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 06:09:25 PM »

Pab,

what were the few key hands/situations that got you in a position to win at the weekend?

Throughout the whole tournament there were several key pots at various points in the tournament. On day 1 I won a 70k pot from Padraig Parkinson at the 300/600 BB level with 99 vs AK AIPF. This was huge pot and only came about because Maz Nawab in the BB had been away for a few hours and had created a really weird dynamic with me on the button and padraig, romanello and skalie all acting before me with the BB sat out. In this hand I ended up 5 bet jamming after padraig opened the CO, i 3 bet the button and then he small 4 bet. I had 3 bet him twice before and folded both times so it just felt like he would 4 bet bluff or 4 bet a lot worse hands than mine for value as it looks like im just using my stack in position. I was suprised he was as strong as AK, but I won the race (mbn i know) and continued building on day 1. I still had about 25k chips behind If i lost the hand so all good.

At the start of day 2, I moved to the immediate left of Ali Mallu and had no intentions to mix it up with him without the goods as he is far too unpredictable and could end up 2nd guessing myself out of the tournament pretty sharpish. On the first orbit he folds almost everything and I raise twice taking two pots uncontested and then a hand develops when ali is on the button and im in the SB. He opens for 3200 @ (600/1200) and I looks down at AK and 3 bet to about 10500, he instantly says all in and even though I knew I was calling I was still a little suprised he jammed so much. I call pretty quickly and he tables A9, and doesnt get there and im chip leader after about 15 mins of day 2.

The pivotal pot on the final was 4 handed when i doubled up from erik svanes when he raised the button, I 3 bet the SB with AK and he jammed on me with KJ. There was history leading up to this though as I had 3 bet him twice in quick succession just before the dinner break and he folded both times so I think this was playing on his mind over the 1hr dinner break. Just before we started playing again after the dinner break he said he had a feeling that me and him would clash, this hand occurred 3 hands after dinner or something. This pot was huge, 1.2m 4 handed with 2.7m chips in play

Pab,

Im interested in the Ali Mallu hand and your thoughts when he pushed way the A9. With youse both being deep was your initial plan to play small pots with him and trap him? Did it ever cross your mind to fold the AK when he pushed as he prob would make the same move way middle pairs + or had you already made up your mind when you 3 bet him you weret folding?

Congrats again on your win.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »

Pab, even allowing for the fact you scooped

how did you judge the standard of the GUKPT Grand final compared to say your WSOP final or an online biggie?

many differences? much adapting required by you?

Hard to compare this final to the one in the WSOP as I didnt play for very long on the one in vegas. I was still very inexperienced overall and came out all guns blazing in the wsop and soon spewed off my chips and headed for an early exit. The standard on the GUKPT final was pretty good as it contained lots of experienced players. I didnt really need to adapt too much from an online final as a lot of the situaitons I have seen thousands of times, it was all about keeping my head in the pressure cooker situation and not blowing up like before. My timing was very good and my hands held up at the right times and everything just seemed to fall into place, :-)

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2008, 04:32:34 PM »

When are you coming back up to Leeds?

sometime before christmas, ill be sure you are kept in the loop, :-)

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2008, 04:42:54 PM »

When is IamSuited returning to the front lines?

What the hell posessed you into making the SB vs BB call with K5 in the ECOOP last night? What was your thinking behind it?

Do you find you're more suited to live comps than online? Do you find there are more free chips in play?

Who stacks chips more neatly, you or Moomin?

Were there any hands in the GUKPT you played badly? Did you kick yourself at any stage?

Would you be able to raise your game further by putting in even more hours than you do? ie going for the P5's no 1 spot.

Would you say it's easier to be profitable at cash or comps online right now?

Did you find it difficult going back to tourneys after playing so much cash earlier this year? Did you bring any bad cash habits with you when you first went back?

1. everyones after delph, fml

2. Iamsuited should be back in halo action saturday night as ive just busted in Bristol, sigh

3. dont remember the stack sizes exaclty but pretty sure his range was ATC, therefore K hi = call, shame it didnt hold

4. I prefer live poker, but am happy playing 1 or 2 events a month, if that. Grind the money and tweak your game online, then take shots at live comps for the glory imo.

5. Moomin cant stack chips, pretty sure he doesnt have opposable thumbs or something.

6. I 3 bet stuart rutter at one point on day 2 when I should have defiantely flat called, my hand was too strong and I had position, but by 3 betting I allowed stuart to 4 bet in my eye and I had essentially turned my hand into a bluff as there was no way i could call the 4 bet.

7. The volume required to get anywhere near the top 10 on pocket 5's is crazy as well as the consistent results you must up. Im trying to cut back on volume tbh, play more cash at the hours I desire.

8. Probably tournaments, more recreational players will play a tournament rather than a cash game so there is still a lot of dead money around imo.

9. I am finding it easier and easier to switch back and forth between the two. When I first started putting tournament volume in again I was far too loose in the early/mid stages and making way too many moves

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

Pab,

what were the few key hands/situations that got you in a position to win at the weekend?

Throughout the whole tournament there were several key pots at various points in the tournament. On day 1 I won a 70k pot from Padraig Parkinson at the 300/600 BB level with 99 vs AK AIPF. This was huge pot and only came about because Maz Nawab in the BB had been away for a few hours and had created a really weird dynamic with me on the button and padraig, romanello and skalie all acting before me with the BB sat out. In this hand I ended up 5 bet jamming after padraig opened the CO, i 3 bet the button and then he small 4 bet. I had 3 bet him twice before and folded both times so it just felt like he would 4 bet bluff or 4 bet a lot worse hands than mine for value as it looks like im just using my stack in position. I was suprised he was as strong as AK, but I won the race (mbn i know) and continued building on day 1. I still had about 25k chips behind If i lost the hand so all good.

At the start of day 2, I moved to the immediate left of Ali Mallu and had no intentions to mix it up with him without the goods as he is far too unpredictable and could end up 2nd guessing myself out of the tournament pretty sharpish. On the first orbit he folds almost everything and I raise twice taking two pots uncontested and then a hand develops when ali is on the button and im in the SB. He opens for 3200 @ (600/1200) and I looks down at AK and 3 bet to about 10500, he instantly says all in and even though I knew I was calling I was still a little suprised he jammed so much. I call pretty quickly and he tables A9, and doesnt get there and im chip leader after about 15 mins of day 2.

The pivotal pot on the final was 4 handed when i doubled up from erik svanes when he raised the button, I 3 bet the SB with AK and he jammed on me with KJ. There was history leading up to this though as I had 3 bet him twice in quick succession just before the dinner break and he folded both times so I think this was playing on his mind over the 1hr dinner break. Just before we started playing again after the dinner break he said he had a feeling that me and him would clash, this hand occurred 3 hands after dinner or something. This pot was huge, 1.2m 4 handed with 2.7m chips in play

Pab,

Im interested in the Ali Mallu hand and your thoughts when he pushed way the A9. With youse both being deep was your initial plan to play small pots with him and trap him? Did it ever cross your mind to fold the AK when he pushed as he prob would make the same move way middle pairs + or had you already made up your mind when you 3 bet him you weret folding?

Congrats again on your win.

When I first moved to the table and noticed we both had big stacks I planned to stay out of his way and avoid any marginal situations. However once he opens the button and I 3 bet from the small blind its just such an obvious spot for to me to 3 bet he is going to give me very little credit that I have to stack off when he jams. He did instantly say all in and I was a little taken aback at first but then called pretty quickly and was delighted to see his A9, and even more delighted to hold, lol. It does suck tho when he turns up with 22 in the same spot and holds though.................

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: