blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT San Remo: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 27078 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 12:13:44 AM »

Chris Lee calls a raise to 3.2k on a two hearts board, blind on blind having bet 1.4k on the turn. On the river , he then bets out 2.2k on the river with about 4k behind. The big blind then sets him and Chris calls with a shrug showing J-4 for the straight whilst his opponent had bizarrely moved in with T-8...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »

Ceceila Borg has been assimilated into the non-playing collective...

She had vs Peter Roche's and must have liked the three diamonds flop and then the turn also, but at the same time, probably thinking, "Yes, it's all very well giving cards that help me, but can you actually give me cards that help me!" No help on the river and she's gone.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 12:44:02 AM »

Crissssssssssssstiannnnnnnnnnoooooooo Blaaaaaaaaancccccooooooooooooo is OUT. 6-6 vs A-K.

Graham Clarkson has just lost a chunk of chips, he called a short stack's push with Queens, he was up against Sevens, with one of the two remaining Sevens coming out on the flop. But remember, an Evil Genius always has a Plan B...

Paul Testud has eliminated Robert Knepper Binelli, no escape for Prison Break actor with vs , all-in on a fateful flop.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2008, 12:54:14 AM »

The end of the day is in sight for the players, with 20 minutes or so remaining of the 9th and final level of the day.

As is usual come the end of a day in a poker tournament, there is a "s**t or bust" mentality pervading and there is a lot of busting going on. I'm not sure whether the flipside of the coin is true, and I haven't been to the gents to get an update but there is definitely some stack aggregation in effect.

Roland De Wolfe has been beavering away as usual. He had the DIRTIEST stack probably ever seen in history as I approached and someone seemed to be complaining about it. Roland never stopped grinning even when he was being castigated though.

Here is the messy De Wolfe, after cleaniung up his stack ( a bit....)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 01:11:08 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 01:03:03 AM »

Joe Grech has busted out late on.

He's been patient all day and found himself in a great spot getting all of his chips in preflop with K-K and getting 2 callers!

One guy had J-J, the other A-K , meaning no A, no J and Joe would be up to 30k at least. A lone ace on the flop put an end to that though.

Joe was in good humour despite the beat though and laughed and joked with me even as he was leaving. Well played sir!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2008, 01:17:41 AM »

Brandon Schaefer has built up to 40k and 10-year-old Dario Minineri.

Mark Teltscher looks miserable here, but he just knocked out Anthony Roux before the end to complete a healthy stack. He also has such a quiff that can only be described in 'epic' or 'biblical' terms.

Play has now finished for the day, with we think 99 players remaining.

Tomorrow we'll do it all again, with Todd Brunson, Daniel Negreanu, Marco Traniello, Max Pescatori and the notorious Pen Thief Stuart Rutter all playing.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: