blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 89775 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2008, 08:19:08 PM »

I was just passing table Brown/Negreanu/Testud/Iremark (depending on your nationality) when this hand kicked off...

Chad Brown raised to 500 utg (blinds still 100/200), called in late position by Mats Iremark and in the big blind by Paul Testud.
Flop:  three diamonds   Testud checks, Brown bets 700, called by Iremark, but that gets rid of Testud.
Turn:   Both players check.
River:    Now Chad Brown checks and then thinks about the 5k bet at him.  For a while.  But not an unreasonable length of time given that his stack couldn't have been more than c.22k.  He passes, and the chips are pushed over to the tricky Swede who is so unexpressive in victory and defeat that he appears botoxed. 

Pictured:  Testud and Brown.  Neither of them won this hand.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

Hi! 

I have an quite unusual request for you guys today.
Any chance you could take some kind of closeup pic of some chips?   would like to know how close those replica sets are to the real thing:)

Ok, shall do, although a curious thing - yesterday the 5k chips were white, and today they are a sort of beigey brown colour. Either somebody spilled their coffee on them, or, more likely, they are today using for the tournament the chips that they were yesterday using in the sit n gos. So bear in mind that there may indeed be more than one design of Official Pokerstars EPT Tournament Chips, if that's what you have...

Have you guys been able to get a deacent pic for me yet? 

Sorry - hang on just a little bit more and both sets of chips will be coming.  We are still suffering one-camera three-fallible-updaters syndrome. 

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »

Sander Lylloff bets 1800 on a board and Mateyboys x 2 call him.

The river is the housealicious - Mr Lylloffnow bets, er, a considerable sum - sorry, there was some shouting from another table and my attention wandered, but when I turned back to Table Lylloff, both Mateyboys had folded, letting Mr Lylloff rake in the chunky pot.

Here he is, also looking in the direction of the shouting, which I never found out the cause of:

Click to see full-size image.
BKiCe
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »

nothing on faraz jaka? :[
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2008, 08:26:03 PM »

Mr Maz Nawab, wandering back in from his dinner break, has been "up and down, up and down," which is obviously better than just down but not as good as just up. Currently in possession of about 12k.
mullacott

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:42 PM »

How many people are they going down until today please?

He ain't heavy.  He's my brother.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:04 PM »

I don't know him, but I have a photo and his original seat number - I'll check next time I head out. Likewise for Ben Sprengers, Ms Reader.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »

Potlet between Patrick Bueno and Dan Didech (Dcal Zone) filled up the last few minutes before the short break that just happened.  I caught this from Bueno betting 800 on a board, only to face a check-raise from Dcal.  The 2k lay there for a minute, while it was the American doing the talking, unexpectedly:  "You got a Queen?  Full house?" as he toyed with the 11,100 he had left behind.  Bueno called.  The river brought the and another suspiciousish 2k bet out from Didech.  Bueno passed.  Most of the room had already left, though (isn't there something a little sad about winning when no one can see?)

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »

They'll be playing the same number of levels as yesterday - 6 and a half.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »

Snoops is in the room right now.  Trust us, he's the best man for the job.  I have a terrible memory for faces (and a sort of masochistic streak that makes me like this job).  Wait - He's back now!  With a pic!  See.

mullacott

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »

Right, ok, thanks.

Any more Neil Channing news or pictures?

He ain't heavy.  He's my brother.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:39 PM »

They'll be playing the same number of levels as yesterday - 6 and a half.

It would be a little harsh on the Day 1B-ers if they had a player number target, seeing as they started with nearly sixty more players Smiley 

The Absentee

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »

Just got a txt from James to say he was out :-(
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2008, 08:41:11 PM »

Vicky Coren and fellow Brit Talal Shakerchi both check a board (I think they check it - I arrived as the river was just about to be dealt). Looked like there had been a bit of betting at some point before the turn, though.

The River - Two Clubs - and Vicky, first to act, considers it for some time. Eventually she leans forward and says, "Do you have the , is that in your hand?" Very sensibly replies Talal, "I can't tell you that." She checks, and Talal turns over . Vicky picks up her cards, , and shakes them slowly as if admonishing them for not being the winning hand. It's all very good-natured though, as evidenced by all the smileyness etc below:

TidalWave

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

Hi,

pics of the 20K SNGs bitte?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: