blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 81478 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »

welcome back............chip count for foxy please

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »

Hurrah. You're back!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »

Apologies for the delay in updates. This was not a problem our end, but an issue with the host server. The updates shall now, barring another server issue, continue as usual.

Many thanks for your continued support.
mullacott

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »

Go NEIL Go

He ain't heavy.  He's my brother.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »

With most Day 3s, the opening level is normally the Level of Death with shortstacks pushing left, right and centre. However, on this occassion, this hasn't necessarily been the case. I don't know if it's because of the 15k starting stack, the generous 90 minute levels or the mouth-watering prizepool up for grabs, but the action hasn't been as fast paced as previous EPT's would suggest. Having said that, there were a few unhappy faces, Philippe Ktorza and the  wonderfully named Derek Van Damme both frog splashing (pun there for a very niche audience) their way out of the event within the first thirty minutes.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 01:15:51 PM »

Go Alexia Go Franchies... Grin

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 01:18:11 PM »

There hasn't been the flurry of lemming-like all-ins we have almost come to expect from a later-day-in-tournament start.  Quite the opposite, everyone* is playing a thoughtful, considered game, and as a result there is a more hushed atmosphere, with some serious-faced hand-shaking of the table when people get eliminated.

There also seems to be a lot of Day Three Syndrome Floplessness, as re-raises take pots down from the continual raisers - like Oyvind Riisem, whose stack is of phenomenal size and doesn't seem to have been coloured up at all.  He kind of has to keep his elbows pointing out to the sides to get his hands in position to check his cards, which makes me think that keeping the tables eight-handed was definitely a good idea.

*Well, obviously not everyone, but the majority seem to be

One pot which threatened to become very large saw Eric Liu on the cutoff betting 19k into a pot which had somehow become 36k preflop (sorry I missed that bit) on a flop of two hearts and Csaba Toth raising on the button, to 41,400.  A serious-faced Liu considered whether to tangle with his fairly deep-stacked neighbour further, before deciding against it.  He still has 135k, though.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 01:18:32 PM »

wooooooohooooooooooo back on track!!!

the tinernet is so boring when blonde is down, I can only watch so much red tube footage in one morning Smiley

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »

Mr Marcel Luske is OUT. All we saw was the Marcel-standing-up-while-Glen-Chorny-rakes-in-his-chips bit, I'm afraid, but one thing we know for certain is that the Dutchman will be flying home tonight. Or possibly staying in lovely sunny Monte Carlo for a few more days, but I think I've made my puntastic point.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »

One man who suffered the wrath of the Poker Gods early doors was former Israeli army officer (deactivate smug mode for knowing pointless trivia) Eli Elezra. Short-stacked and praying for a hand, he found two cowboys grinning back at him and quickly pushed all-in. Across the table, an even short-stacked Joseph Udine picked up Pocket Snowmen and decided to take a stab. In seemingly good shape, Eli was all smiles and confident of victory, but his smile was soon wiped off his face as a stomach-churning 8-J-3 hit the Flop to leave Eli praying for one of two outs. As Vincent Secher begrudged his misfortune of releasing Pocket Jacks pre-flop, the dealer continued to deal out the rest of the board, the raggy Five and Ten Turn and River leaving Eli down to the felt. Udine, meanwhile, walked briefly away from the table, quietly celebrated, and returned with a restrained grin.

A few hands later, Eli was smiling once again and entertaining his neighbour and fellow High Stakes Poker star Antonio Esfandiair. In response to the banter, Antonio added, "Why do I have so much fun when you're at the table, Eli?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:48:48 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 01:28:07 PM »

Stuart Fox makes it 6k from one off the cutoff, only for Connor Drinan on the actual cutoff to make it All In for 45.5k. And it's pretty poor timing from Connor - Foxy does eventually fold, but not until after big blind Peter Traply wakes up with Aces and calls.

Traply -
Drinan -

Nice flop for Drinan, nice turn and river for Traply: Two Diamonds

Meaning that Mr Connor Drinan is OUT.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:16 PM »

Table Channing v Hachem, should be interesting 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »

Andreas Fluri found Jacks and moved in his stacks.

A-7 had Clayton Maguire, so an Ace he did require.

The bullet on the River left Andreas in a tither, or should that be Fluri in a fury.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »

However subdued the start may have been, in recent minutes it's been insanity here!

One level in and about a third of our remaining field has exploded, all this without the average stack ever dropping below 50 big blinds. Nutters.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 01:37:18 PM by danafish » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »

Pablo Erbiana nearly had to be restrained, his roar of delight as his Jacks held up against Uffe Holm's A-Q being heard across the breadth of the room.

Meanwhile, Jan Sjavik was left shaking his head when his A-K failed to hold up against Stefan Gelm's Q-Js on a J-7-5-6-8 board.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: