blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blue Square.com Bubble Boy, & Poker4Charity
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blue Square.com Bubble Boy, & Poker4Charity  (Read 9437 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2005, 03:11:38 PM »

Rob Yong of Notts had the dubious distinction of "winning" the Bubble Boy Envelope in the Main Event at Blackpool on Saturday. I know he was bitterly disappointed not to make the Final, but that's just the way the cards fell, & he took it with dignity.

Rob decided to pass to me his Blue Square Bubble Prize, thanks Rob. Don't know why he gave it to me really, but he did knock me out of the comp by refusing to pass his Aces pre-flop, so maybe it's consolation.....

I should tell you, in passing, that Rob runs a charity for folks with various hardships, and does a great deal of work in that direction, but I don't think I quite qualify for that yet.....

Anyway. I, in turn, would like to pass the Blue Square Bubble Boy Prize on to Poker4Charity.

Over to you Jonathan Rabb & The Truth, sort it out between you, & I am sure you will put it to good use. And maybe Jonathan would like to add a little bonus, maybe a second Bubble Prize, hehe. Sorry Jonathan, but that's the way it works, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:25:06 PM »

If you are leaving it in the hands of Jon then i sure hope it isnt made of glass!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 09:17:40 PM »

Nice one!

But I have to be nice to Jonathan today. He was well helpful to me & blonde over the weekend, lending a hand when I was struggling. So was Ruru, come to think of it, but he's in my bad books.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 10:18:40 PM »

I've got a better grip of trophy presentations now.  No smashed glass this time round thankfully.

Had a nightmare drive back to London today though.  No radio in the car so was not aware of traffic problems on the M1/M6 at junction 1.  Then played the 'which lane will go quicker' hand badly by slotting into the left hand lane as soon as the tailback started and got stuck there for over an hour going no more than 100 yards every 5 mins for about an hour and a half before I passed a sign saying 'long delays ahead'.  Ahead, isn't this bad enough I thought.  Anyway, I rescued the hand by baling out at junction 1 half an hour later and going on A roads for 30 miles or so before rejoining a much clearer motorway.  Reckon I saved myself a further 2 hours of queuing.

Will be speaking to Davey tomorrow so will sort out the bubble entry with him.  I have a feeling I know who he may nominate to play if any winnings are going to charity. 

Well done on getting to the later stages of the shootout James.  You've got the game to go one better next time...so 13th place here we come.  Wink

Funny thing the bubble prize - its something that obviousously nobody wants to win - and it must feel quite innapropriate being given it if one's bubble exit was particularly harsh...but they are usually good quality these bubble tournaments and this coming Sunday's one should be a cracker if they all take their invitations up -

Nice Dave standing in for Sal Patel
Ariston for Steve Womble Walmsley
Mickey Wernick
Poker4charity for Tikay for Rob Yong
? for Lawrence Gosney (no internet access)
CT Law
Nick Gibson

wildcard 1 - Frankie Knight (Luton bubbler who was unable to play in previous bubble event)
wildcard 2 - Yogi, its all yours, u deserve it.

Oh, one more thing, watch out for the bubblers' bubble tournament grand finale at the end of the year  Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 10:31:03 PM »

Nice post Jonathan.

I will ring Lawrence Gosney about his Bubble Prize. Lawrence does not use the internet - he lives in Yorkshire.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 11:44:20 PM »

Jon i asked Davey to call you tomorrow RE barca, if that was a hint at me i would be very happy to play it for P4C!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
The Truth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 09:20:42 AM »

Thanks Tikay, Rob et al

I am speaking to Jonathan today (BlueSq being a proud sponsor of Poker4Charity etc.) and will sort out the bubble issue (have to be totally honest I don't have a clue what it is all about).

Anything anyone can give to Game for Life is appreciated. Expect news of a major project that will benefit kids and whole communities REAL SOON.

Best wishes to everyone and may all your rivers be profitable.

Davey
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 02:06:23 PM »

Jonathan,

I spoke to Lawrence Gosney - he has already passed his Bubble Prize to Chris Johnson. I suggested he rings you to confirm.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 02:08:53 PM »

will be setting up the account in the next day or so johnathon. Will email details to you when it is done. What time is the event on sunday???
ariston

ariston

better lucky than good
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 03:25:11 PM »

Tikay - any chance you can ask him to call me again - I think he left a message but no phone number or if you have it please send it to me in a personal message

Ariston - its at 8pm this Sunday, hope u can make it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 03:40:44 PM »

Personal message on the way JR.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:41:46 PM by tikay » Logged

Yogi-Bear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 03:22:22 AM »

Just me.

Accepting the challenge of trying to beat poker players at their own game.

If I win. (Yeah Right) I will be donating a % of the winnings to poker4charity.

Go the charity Boys.

yogi

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 03:50:07 AM »

Thats the way to go Yogi!

blonde have been chatting to Davey "The Truth" Newth of Poker4Charity, & the soon to be launched Game for Life.

We have got some tickets for the Launch Party of Game for Life, & we will run some fund-raising affair with these as prizes shortly.

Dave won't thank me for saying it, but he's long been a supporter of Poker4Charity. Well now it's blonde's turn to make an effort. And that means YOU.

Get your money ready......

Yogi-Bear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 04:08:31 AM »

I've often thought of doing something for charity.

Hardest thing is getting it past the upper hierarchy. Think I may just go on a mission, after all the good publicity we have had recently.

Who knows.

Would be good to give for a change.

Yogi
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 04:12:08 AM by Yogi-Bear » Logged
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 04:44:49 AM »

one problem with the bubble comp on sunday big lad, your gonna be at work lol seeing as it starts at 8pm and you wont be home till way after 9 hehehehehe i'd play for ya but i'm workin too Sad

Oh and john how i get my $$$ on BlueSq? hehehe

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: