blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:27:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "In the Well" with Riverdave
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Riverdave  (Read 62099 times)
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »

Just finished for the night and ready to sleep a healthy $65k balance sits on the account, will be withdrawing a nice chunk for vegas and see what i can do with the rest.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »

How does your notion of the value of your 'poker money' compare to the value of the same amount of money in the real world?

Does a tenner falling out of your pocket annoy you less than it did before you played big money poker as a tenner is so insignificant to the amounts you usually spin up to?

What a great question, and one I've pondered a lot. I would love to hear Dave's take on it.

For me, poker money (as long as I don't play outside my bankroll) is just a tool, it has no real value, but as soon as I stop playing, I become my normal frugal self, and my tenner regains it's importance.

Great well BTW

The older I get, the better I was.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

I love you Dave, now FFS STOP. I'll see you in the Vic later. You've got enough, now book a flight and get yourself over there.

Just saw Chufty last night. He told me you sat down to play him heads-up the other night and that, although he wasn't making himself a favourite, he urged you not to as he didn't want to take your case money.

What's the most money you've spent on something outside of gambling?

Who is more addicted me or you?

Why don't you give the monkey game a spin after the WSOP?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »

I love you Dave, now FFS STOP. I'll see you in the Vic later. You've got enough, now book a flight and get yourself over there.

Just saw Chufty last night. He told me you sat down to play him heads-up the other night and that, although he wasn't making himself a favourite, he urged you not to as he didn't want to take your case money.

These questions were asked by Neil.

This question was asked by Neil's wallet.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

Superb thread.......

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »

Actually that's not strictly true me and Chufty don't play heads up and i had no desire to play him i was actually pleading with him to flip me for 8k, due to a severe case of monkey tilt after a string of bad beats. The boy is just too disciplined and would have none of it.

Most expensive purchase outside of poker in last couple of years although it is poker related was $2500 on an all singing and dancing laptop which has paid for itself many times over and is still with me today although on its last legs. I must stop renting cars when i get back from Vegas and actually buy one!

I am hopelessy addicted to internet poker and you are the same with live poker, i'd like to think you wouldn't find me giving the cash a spin a day after a $million tourney win but i couldn't promise it. I think you short headed me.

I love live NLH cash in Vegas and i can't fathom why i'm not so keen on it over here, it's something i will consider though. Maybe some of you boys could be tempted by a monkey ROE now that would be a game.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »

How does your notion of the value of your 'poker money' compare to the value of the same amount of money in the real world?

Does a tenner falling out of your pocket annoy you less than it did before you played big money poker as a tenner is so insignificant to the amounts you usually spin up to?

As an ex accountant i have a good concept of the value of other people's money, i've always been a bit of a gambler though and had little value for my own money. Tom is right poker money is just a tool and i don't really ever compare it to what it could buy me in the real world. Money is only really an issue when you don't have any. I am a lot more willing to splash out than i used to be and do like the odd extravagance, however i am nobody's fool and if i think i can save a few quid somewhere along the line i'll make an effort rather than just accepting paying over the odds.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

Dave, from the Members, the Team at blonde, & myself, thank you for a quite stunning "In the Well".

I'm agog at your ability to spin up (& down) such mind-blowing numbers. You could bottle that skill & sell it for plenty.

I'm delighted you had such a good run of Form whilst doing "In the Well". Maybe it's an omen - write on blonde Forum, & you'll get great results. Which brings me to your upcoming Vegas Trip.......Wink

Look, I'll not beat about the bush. Do us a Vegas Blog or Diary. Don't worry about updating it every day, just when you fancy it. If you do, the blondes will, I know, show their appreciation, & we'll give you a medal or something. And you can be our Guest of Honour at bB7 - play a few of us Heads-Up there, free entry (worth at LEAST £30!), da de da.

Seriously - please give it some thought, & if there is something we can do for you in return, just ask. I can get you Flushy's butt if that helps?

Go on, you know you want to.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:28 PM »

Best well so far IMO, fascinating to read.

Also running good while in the well isnt a new theme, moomin ran well winning a few comps, but whats new there, lol only joking if he reads this. Also when I was in the well i came 3rd in stars 1k and won tilt 30r on same day.

In short, being in the well = $$$$$$$$$$$$

thinly veiled mate. GL in vegas pal!
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2008, 06:43:45 PM »

If you could pick any 10 players to sit down at a winner take all cash game who would you pick? and how much would you be comfortable buying in with? and at which location would you most prefer to play it at?

Cracking question want to think about this for a while to do it some justice. Do i go for value or great players.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »

Dave, good well,well done

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2008, 12:24:06 AM »

great well, impressed.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »

Whats it llike playing Alex Martin HU at plo?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »

well good well!

All the best in Vegas!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2008, 12:44:26 AM »

what a sick 'in the well' U couldnt make it up!!!

Brilliant read and great insight in to the world i want to be in but haven't got the bollocks for it.

good luck in vegas.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: