blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 309405 times)
Jeeves

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:36:49 PM »

Good evening to you all.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeeves and I am Master NoFlopsHomer's butler. The master told me about his plans to keep you abreast of our soujourn to Las Vegas but I notice that in his haste to write of our departure he neglected to inform you that I would be accompanying him. Therefore, I hope the master would not consider it out of place for me to document our trip fully.

On Tuesday morning I arose at 5am to prepare Master Floppy for the day. After pressing his travel outfit I entered his room at 6am with a pot of tea. As time was of the essence, he declined the usual happy finish and after I had helped him to close his suitcase we made our way to the airport.

At the terminal I tried to keep the master's attention on the task at hand, namely checking in, but he allowed himself to be distracted by a man of the cloth (and not for the first time, I might add).

We had a slight delay as there was a cheese-related incident involving the gentleman in front of us, but we eventually managed to Caerphilly manoeuvre ourselves onto the plane.

Upon disembarkation at Las Vegas, Master Floppy engaged one of the stewardesses in a conversation about refreshment, I believe. After he made his way down the stairs I extended the courtesy of thanking the charming lady for her hospitality during the journey. This simple act seemed to have quite the effect on her, she became quite overwhelmed with excitement and swooned before me. I caught her as she fell and, as she regained her composure she invited me to join her in her hotel room later this evening, an invitation which I thought it ungallant to decline.

We have now arrived at the hotel. Master has informed me that at some point he wishes to pay a visit to a 'baller house', whatever that is. We shall also be visiting the abode of Masters Pab, Moorman, Allinstevie and Geeforce.

The time has come to draw this introductory segment to a close, as I must join the stewardess in her hotel room, but I shall endeavour to keep you up to date with the rest of our trip*

*assuming the mods have a lax enough attitude to multiple accounts
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:09:40 AM by Ironside » Logged

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »

Brilliant Jeeves  Cheesy Cheesy

Obviously pics of stewardess or it didn't happen 
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »

LOL  loving it

Keep it coming

Embracing the variance.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »

keep them coming Jeeves

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 01:17:26 AM »

Excellent!

More, More.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 01:26:22 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:27 AM »

Jeeves!?!?!

You're meant to be polishing Grandfather's gunrack!

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 01:29:27 AM »

Jeeves!?!?!

You're meant to be polishing Grandfather's gunrack!

I hear he polishes yours quite often.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 01:56:14 AM »

PMSL.

Keep it coming and as Eck said:-

Obviously pics of stewardess or it didn't happen 

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 04:40:28 AM »

We had a slight delay as there was a cheese-related incident involving the gentleman in front of us, but we eventually managed to Caerphilly manoeuvre ourselves onto the plane.

Good evening to you, Sir!  Seeing as Master Floppy used to have a Summer Town Home right here in Hampstead, North London, it appears that some of his mail is still being delivered to our servants' entrance.  I took the liberty (all right, I failed to notice the addressee differed from my own name - much sherry had been consumed - it was after 5pm after all) of opening a letter which I feel ought to be reproduced forthwith:

The Drones Club                                                                                                                                Hilltop Residence, Hampstead.
Mayfair

Dear Mr. Homer,

The Drones Club must regretfully inform you that your application to become a member has been rejected at this time.  As you know, the three criteria for membership are:

1) Having a name resounding in Classical allusion
2) Having a butler
3) Having a refined and gentlemanly manner with a correct level of correctness, excellent posture, and an apt witticism ready for any occasion.
3i) Wearing a monocle immediately renders the other three criteria irrelevant

While you undoubtedly possess the first two, and 3i is, sadly, becoming something of a rarity in this day and age, point 3 seems not to have been fulfilled to a level acceptable to our other distinguished members.  I refer you to your 'trial evening,' in which you were invited to sample the fine vintages of our cellar, and the amusements of our Smoking Room.  As you may recall, when offered a drink, you did not opt for one of our fine single malts, or our house port, but insisted repeatedly that you would only accept something called a "Witch Doctor," which embarrassed our barman Mr. Worthington who was fresh out of dry ice, but rose to the occasion nonetheless. 

Following from that, you behaved in a most aggressive fashion at billiards, beating Major Goulding with such a thorough lack of magnanimity in victory that he has declined all further challenges.  I must inform you that we do not usually enforce the 'trousering rule' in our establishment.

When invited to the card table, you seemed on the verge of an angry outburst that the stakes we generally played for were not 'nosebleed,' whatever that means, and also refused to accept gold doubloons as valid currency.  I would politely remind you that they currently stand at D1:$35.  Having lost a considerable sum to the Earl of Colchester, you then insisted the table play a game known as 'Omaha' which resulted in a far more confusing and ill-tempered evening than that to which we are generally accustomed.  It is also not considered proper at the Drones to accept the keys to a player's Bentley in lieu of payment in cash.  We also politely request on behalf of Lord Kendall that you return his chauffeur posthaste.

The next vacancy will be opening in 2012, and should you still be interested in membership, we suggest you reapply at that time.

Yours faithfully,

J. A. Mason, Esq. 
Chairperson.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 05:24:59 AM »

presume we have some sort of prop bet going on how many welsh town names he can get into his wsop coverage posts?

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: