blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An account of Jeeves' trip to Las Vegas latterly in the service of Mr tikay.  (Read 312330 times)
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2012, 06:00:39 PM »

Maybe little Dave will take you into his employ Jeeves?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 04, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »

Maybe little Dave will take you into his employ Jeeves?

Not when he sees the reference I give for Jeeves he wont.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 04, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

Are there a lot of channels moving around at Sky? ATR have gone to Milton Keynes. Picutre quality still shiz though and miles behind live.

lots of channels moving yes.

work in help tv and loads have moved to make sure more channels are group together and making room for new channels etc. Olympics are broadcasting 24 channels or something so things gota move to fit them in and i think a lot of the non HD channels are moving around!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2012, 10:56:37 AM »

The final stage of our trip has begun with the arrival of the Sky Poker (Happy Hour double cash for points ) team in time for the main event.

I, of course, accompanied my Master to the airport to greet them. I had come prepared though. I had received a 72 hour build up on the architecture of the new terminal, and had decided that enough was enough. These were discreet, unobtrusive and best of all my limo companion had no idea I was wearing them

All it took was a nod from me, alternately ever 33 seconds then every 22 seconds, and tikay, who only just drew breath as we pulled up at arrivals, was happy that his tales of civil engineering desert derring do were receiving my full attention.

I felt I had outdone myself on the limosine, designed to fit twelve of us. It even had back copies of SkyBet's monthly magazine in the many and various door compartments. The particular edition I had brought with me from Blighty, entitled "How to lay a big bet with confidence" was a bit thin, it must be said.

However, I reckoned without these three, more specifically the gentleman on the left. "Big D" More "Big" than "D" I do dare suggest. However, I made allowances and shoved him into a yellow cab to follow on behind us. I think he said "thank you" to me, but the accent was impenetrable even to one so versed as I in the colours of the world

As we can see from the gentleman on the right of the photo above, we had another unwelcome outbreak of white socks with pumps, plus a shocking pair of shorts.

Had forty years of my training in gentlemen's deportment and style met its match in the crumpled form of Mr Jack and his allies? Not if I can help it, a conversation with their team leader tikay awaits in the morning. lets see if the Sky Poker budget can stretch to a visit to local emporia to clothe them in a manner befitting their representation of the Sky Bet family brand.

A familiar face was part of the team. It was nice to see Mr Thew again, ever polite, fresh faced and smiling.

However, prolonged exposure to the under fives appears to have extracted a toll on him. I only heard him say two things all day

"Jeeves, hello. Ten days away from changing nappies Jeeves. Ten whole days" at the airport and

"Does the Caesars Palace shopping arcade have a Peppa Pig shop Jeeves?" when sat at his first poker table of the trip

I claimed genuine ignorance, at which point he began asking those around him. As we can see from the players either side of him, it had become boring already.

As the brood each became settled in at the tables, the Mother Hen of 2012 tikay drifted away, a million things on his mind and a week of looking after others and not himself ahead. Looking after him was for me, and where I would earn my money if he ever decided to pay me.

I decided that a bit of light relief was in order for tikay ahead of the stresses of the week ahead. Did Rhinos beckon? The siren call of XS or Surrender? A night at the Bellagio nightclubs with Dempsey and the Dubai bar tab?

No,I knew better. What could be more comforting and exhilharating than a quick once round the office furniture warehouse?

As we traversed the aisles, a swivel chair here, a foldaway desk there, tikay was beside himself with the excitement to be gained from analysing hospitality furtniture

"Fascinating, Jeeves, Fascinating"

and as we toured the outside tents, a veritable bazaar of metal and wood, it was all I could do to keep him calm and composed as he forgot his woes for a few hours at least.

Afterwards, ass we headed back to the lift in the Rio who should we see in the lobby but Thew, smiling from ear to ear. A result, I wondered?

I should have known better.

"Ten whole days without Nappies Jeeves, ten whole days"

As I mentally constructed my over-under on utterances of that sentence in the week ahead, I nodded, smiled and said

"Yes sir, Indeed"

Bed, a hospitality bed from the World Market Center perhaps, could not come soon enough

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »

Incredible.

Those were UNPUBLISHED photos, too, taken late last night. You been looking in my camera, Jeeves?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 05, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »

I always wondered what happened to the Borg when Star Trek was axed.

Ah! The element of surprise
Jeeves

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »

"No sir, I am NOT putting on a cat outfit for you"

It was time to put my foot down. Fifteen hours of traipsing round freezing conference rooms, taking interminable snaps of people playing poker, and my patience had finally snapped

"Please Jeeves, just this once. I know its not the same as tattytats, but...."

His voice trailed off. One yank of a cats tail was enough for one day at his age, I thought to myself, and slipped a couple of advil into his Horlicks

Soon after, he was out for the count, which was just as well because I had an assignation with Little David on his last night before leaving for the flooded climes of Yorkshire

I had met him a few hours earlier on my only break of the day, on which I chose to wander innocently past the swimming pool in the hotel complex being very careful not to let me eyes wander.

Little David attracted my attention

"Jeeves!! JEEVES!"

I looked round but all I saw was a schoolboy in tatty Primark hand me downs

"Jeeves, its LilDave met. Gettt, met, gettttt"

I looked blankly.

"Jeeves, we're off to Surrender tonight. You in?"

I did a quick calculation around the finishing time of day1a, the likely time the advil would kick in, how long that would give me, and answered

"Of course Mr Nicholson"

"Gettttt, metttt. Come upstairs with me, will give you some tickets"

I went upstairs and we entered his suite. Within which was a remarkable scene, with Mr Dempsey, Mr Kelly and assorted young ladies playing twister. For $10,000 a game.

They paused long enough for me to ascertain that Mr Dempsey's cranial waxing did not extend below the jawline. I asked them to pose for a quick snap for tikay's blog

Click to see full-size image.

As we could see, there was much I could do with Mr Nicholson in the areas of deportment and style, for I was not quite sure what possessed him to think that looking like an extra from a Happy Mondays Tour in 1987 was quite going to cut the mustard in Surrender that evening.

I took my leave as Mr Kelly spun the twister once again exclaiming

"Angela, you have to put your left leg through my legs and your right arm on James' head"

Dempsey paused long enough to adjust his sunglasses which of course were vital given the glare from the completely shaded room and joined in.

So, later on, with tikay in feline-inspred dreamland, I met with Nicholson outside his suite.

I had devised a quick checklist for him, a before-and-after if you like, to make sure that he would enjoy the evening but more importantly come through unscathed

The list was as follows

1. Ten Fingers and thumbs

2 Ten Toes

I handed it to him. He looked at me

I spoke, slowly.

"Sir, you have twenty fingers, thunbs and toes. Count them now"

Transporting himself to the kindergarten once more he softly sung to himself as he counted

"Ten fingers and thumbs keep moving, ten fingers and thumbs keep moving"

Satisfied, he moved to his feet

"This little piggy came to market, this little piggy stayed at home....."

Twenty, intact

"Sir" I continued "you will return with twenty"

He nodded, unconvincingly, because who knew what would happen on a Nicholson night out?

Well, he had a wonderful time, I had him so well trained that he would even hold out his fingers for me whenever I took a snap. This was despite the lead singer of My Chemical Romance gatecrashing the picture. Most unwelcome

Later on, though, as he began to be accosted by a former tube driver, I felt as his guardian for the night that things were going to get a bit out of hand

I gestured to him, took him outside, and took him back home

As promised, as we entered his suite, he counted

"One, Two...." Fingers and thumbs, all present and correct

"One, two..." Toes, all present and correct

I felt I had done my job, until a cry from the sofa

"Jeeves, MY SHOES, I'VE LOST MY SHOES"

Despite my best intentions, he had not come through the night completely unscathed then.....

A few paces behind, one step to the left.

Follow me on twitter: @jeevesfortikay
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »

Oh God JEEEEVES!

What happens on a night out stays on a night out!

Which did you prefer the blonde or the brunette?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 08, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »

Best yet!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »

FFS, got to read the whole thread now!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:19 AM »

Best yet!
this is best of blonde stuff for sure

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:27 AM »

I'm soooo hoping that Jeeves will be caddying for tikay in today's DTD golf day.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:49 PM »

I'm soooo hoping that Jeeves will be caddying for tikay in today's DTD golf day.

Sadly, I shall have to absent myself from the Golf Day, but I'll send Jeeves along on my behalf.

My bad completely, but I had not realised it clashed with Day 1c, & I have 5 of my players playing it today, it would be unthinkable for me to not be on hand to support them & report on them.

I also thought DTD had several of their qualifiers playing the WSOP Day 1c today, perhaps I was wrong.

Must be said (& you referred to this previously) the weather today is the hottest day by far since I have been here. At 10.30am, it was 39c & rising, & there is not a breath of breeze. For me, though perhaps not so for others, it would be positively dangerous to spend 4 or 5 hours on a golf course in those temperatures. 

I shall send my apologies to DTD, of course.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 09, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »

Sadly, I shall have to absent myself from the Golf Day, but I'll send Jeeves along on my behalf.

My bad completely, but I had not realised it clashed with Day 1c, & I have 5 of my players playing it today, it would be unthinkable for me to not be on hand to support them & report on them.

I also thought DTD had several of their qualifiers playing the WSOP Day 1c today, perhaps I was wrong.

Must be said (& you referred to this previously) the weather today is the hottest day by far since I have been here. At 10.30am, it was 39c & rising, & there is not a breath of breeze. For me, though perhaps not so for others, it would be positively dangerous to spend 4 or 5 hours on a golf course in those temperatures. 

Do you post updates of your players ? Wondered how your man Kevin did ?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 09, 2012, 07:45:24 PM »

Do you post updates of your players ? Wondered how your man Kevin did ?

Yes, I do running updates on a thread next door.

Kevin ended the day on 52,000 - a right result, & we are thrilled to bits for him & his family, who are all here to support him.

In fact ALL FIVE of our players made it through yesterday, as did our one player on Day 1a.

Today, we have five more - of whom you would know Thewy, JAKALLY, & maybe Scotty77.

Variance has been kind to us so far.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: