blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:52:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  $10k Prop Bet
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $10k Prop Bet  (Read 21135 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2008, 11:18:57 AM »

I can't believe your admitting defeat already, did you not fully appreciate the task before deciding to wager over $1000 on whether or not you can do it?   We're only two days in and you're giving up?

Sort yourself out man, get multi tabling and get the profits shipped.   You've a long way to go yet.

GrafhamGrinder

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »

Dude do not give up, think positive. If the incentive of winning not only 10k but also the prop bet dosnt spur you on then I dont know what will. On the bright side even if you only make 2k this month you can pay off your prop bet, bank a small profit and have a story to tell the grand kids.

Just stick at it, start playing 4 tables at once, after a day or so you will be confident enough to move onto 6 and then try for 8. Then your gonna have to sit there and grind it out for 12 hours a day if you want a chance to win the bet.
ericstoner

Winner of the Stars $200 sunday biggy, RU APAT Ire

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »

Geez man ,how can you throw in the towel after day 2,come on get a bit of backbone and don't write off the grand you stupidy wagered.......................let's have a bit of Churchillian fight em on the beaches attitude,fire up the comp,,get the redbull in,put a bit of real effort in.........................and get it done!!!!!!!!!

Blonde Hall of fame inductee,October 2007.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »

Now Brendon..

That's a good post.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »

Thanks everyone. I am bracing myself for an all night session right now. Keep you posted.

It is/was meant to be abit of fun. Wish i hadn't bet so much now, maybe like $25 max person and then got more people involved. Perhaps i could have set the targets alittle lower. I've learnt something anyways..... don't make stupid prop bets when you're drunk lol

Oh and DaveShoelace...... my dad's bigger than your dad :-)

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:03 PM »

1/2 a day extra is cool with me, thought this was just a bit of fun for everyone???

as long as you dont change the goalposts everyday i have no problem at all

i dont care if i win or lose, wish u the best of the luck with the next month mate

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2008, 08:43:14 AM »

Funds recieved from Amatay... $650.00.. 

Good luck to everyone involved..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »

challenge not tricky and I would rather take his side of the action than yours.

Do you fancy dreaming up something similar for yourself when you get back from Vegas Russ?  Hopefully Amatay will get his arse into gear and make a fight out of this one but looking like going down the drain at the mo.  Would be fun to have a bandwagon to jump on and follow for a while.

Have a think about it anyway...

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »

If I do do one of these I wont be quiting after 2 days. I cant just copy his as I really do think it would be sooo easy (boring but easy). Will have a think about it over the next few weeks

ariston

better lucky than good
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »

If I do do one of these I wont be quiting after 2 days. I cant just copy his as I really do think it would be sooo easy (boring but easy). Will have a think about it over the next few weeks

I understand that you don't want to do Amatays challenge as it is deffo a boring grind. But easy, I lol hard at that. There are a few stt grinders i would not want to give action to on this but they are few and far between.

Amatay is no doubt running good thru his first 500 at this level and an roi over 20 long term (2000+ sngs) at the FTP 33's i would reckon is unachieveable, so to make 10k at an roi of 15% (still only the very best regs are going to get anywhere near this) is going to take 2000 sngs. A more likely roi is 10% with people with no record at this level and that is 3000+ sngs. This is assuming there is not angle shooting.

Not an easy challenge imo. Be good to see what you propose though.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »

easy to make $10k 

fancy mentoring me for a % cut Cheesy

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2008, 12:26:09 PM »

Volume is the problem, esp as im a lazy dik. Played 91 games so far and made just under $1k. Im gonna keep goin until the end

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »

I understand that you don't want to do Amatays challenge as it is deffo a boring grind. But easy, I lol hard at that. There are a few stt grinders i would not want to give action to on this but they are few and far between.

Amatay is no doubt running good thru his first 500 at this level and an roi over 20 long term (2000+ sngs) at the FTP 33's i would reckon is unachieveable, so to make 10k at an roi of 15% (still only the very best regs are going to get anywhere near this) is going to take 2000 sngs. A more likely roi is 10% with people with no record at this level and that is 3000+ sngs. This is assuming there is not angle shooting.

Not an easy challenge imo. Be good to see what you propose though.

Agreed, achievable but very very difficult, I'd be happy to give Aristone action on a similar wager (If it sounds too boring, why not got for $5000 in half the time or someink?)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »

Lets see how Amatay gets on- I am probably the only one who still thinks he will do it if he gets his finger out his arse and puts a few days in. I will come up with something after the wsop but tbh I wont be coming up with a bet I dont know for certain I can do- this kind of negates the prop bet side of things and is the reason I have never done a prop bet before. The idea of setting a bet I know is unachievable is pointless and means I would do money, if I set a challenge you will do yours so whats the point? Obviously I can dress up a challenge to make it look hard but if I set myself a challenge then I will do it.

Come on Amatay- stop messing about and take these peoples money. 91 stts played after 4 days just isn't enough (even though thats an impressive ROI). You used to play more than that in a day ffs

ariston

better lucky than good
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2008, 04:50:55 PM »

Infact I let Amatay off the $100 - thought I was doing him a good deal.

Maybe, just maybe I've done myself a favour?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: