blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  anybody want a piece of me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: anybody want a piece of me?  (Read 31285 times)
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 01:06:04 PM »

Hi Mad,

yes I got the full 50% sold.  I've been staked in tournaments before and no, it doesn't make me nervous.  If I sat there fretting about losing other people's money I wouldn't be playing to the best of my potential.  I'll be doing what I always do whether I've paid the full buy in myself, sold some interest, or been bought in by someone else - playing to win Smiley

Was the person who offered to buy you in to the WSOP event a poker player too?  I'd be less inclined to accept an offer from someone who wasn't involved in poker - trying to explain to them that the reason you busted first hand was down to sheer bad luck rather than you being shite would be difficult I think, whereas anyone who knows the game knows that it happens.

In that case Claire good luck to you and come out winning Smiley I'm sure with your record of live play you will do great Smiley

Yes the offer I got was from a poker pro but the money was still from his own pocket so I declined as I really could afford to play the event myself (with savings) but would not have paid the money out of my own pocket, so why take his? I really don't know whether or not it would have affected my game but I think it had potential to......  this may be a bit different if it was a business deal but I don't know? I played a live event recently with £220 buy in, thinking I might be scared money.....lol. I settled down very quickly and thought my play was excellent so maybe the anticipatory anxiety about effect on play is exactly that and it may not have affected my play at all? I do remeber being pretty nervous when I played DTD and the buy-in wasnt big. I think it was the thought of going all the way to DTD and going out early that really stiffled my play. It wasn't pretty...lol

It would be interesting to hear what kinds of things affect peoples play from a psychological point of view..

Patience is a virtue.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 01:24:26 PM »

[ x ]good luck in the comp
[ x ]if this thread was by a not so frequent user it would have been slated more than it has

you're 100% right Fran, but I think there's a big difference between someone who knows a lot of people here making a post like this and someone relatively unknown to the rest of the forum doing it.  I wouldn't dream, for example, of making a post like this on the hendon mob forum, where hardly anyone knows who I am therefore wouldn't have been able to make a reasoned judgement on whether they thought it would be worth investing (or, indeed, whether I'd just do a runner with their money).

I was still prepared for a bit of stick as I've seen how these things have gone in the past, but I've been pleasantly surprised - that there has not been a load of stick must be a good reflection on the forum, surely.

Good luck to you too - see you tomorrow! x

Have to dissagree there, I remember feeling sickened for Mel when she did it, the thread was locked if I recall rightly.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »

your all playing for 2nd...

[   ] gl everyone

the [  ] gl, is abs comedy.

ps. [  ] gl all.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »

woulda got slated more if you were a bloke

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »

why do you say that?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »

Have to dissagree there, I remember feeling sickened for Mel when she did it, the thread was locked if I recall rightly.

I don't remember that thread Maureen - was it a long time ago?  Maybe the forum dynamics have changed since?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »

why do you say that?

Because you're a woman.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »

why do you say that?

Because you're a woman.

Cheesy

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »

[   ] gl everyone

selling shares? seriously want to buy some trig.

Best of luck Claw, hope you go deep. Staking is not nipping in my opinion, just a way for players with a lower bankroll to take a shot at higher buyin comps where they have a decent edge on the field (at least a 10% edge imo to satisfy both parties) (thanks Flushy). I also think that we should get a staking board going, might lead to headaches so ppl should just be careful about who they give and details. Could see a whole lot of new blondepoker signups anyhow.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 02:29:21 PM »

thanks Alex Smiley

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »

I joined your mob on facebook can i have a sneaky 1% for free? Tongue
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »

Cheapskate!!  Charge him double Claire Wink

Patience is a virtue.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 03:23:18 PM »

[   ] gl everyone

selling shares? seriously want to buy some trig.

Best of luck Claw, hope you go deep. Staking is not nipping in my opinion, just a way for players with a lower bankroll to take a shot at higher buyin comps where they have a decent edge on the field (at least a 10% edge imo to satisfy both parties) (thanks Flushy). I also think that we should get a staking board going, might lead to headaches so ppl should just be careful about who they give and details. Could see a whole lot of new blondepoker signups anyhow.

gd post - agree

HI HELEN!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 03:27:33 PM »

sorry alex, got in for £44 so no point really.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 03:56:05 PM »

lol nice try but I'm keeping ownership of the rest Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: