blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:09:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  anybody want a piece of me?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: anybody want a piece of me?  (Read 31295 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2008, 04:08:21 PM »

sorry alex, got in for £44 so no point really.

10% for £4.40?

Alex cheers for reminding me you still owe me £100 you nipping bastard!

Have to dissagree there, I remember feeling sickened for Mel when she did it, the thread was locked if I recall rightly.

Might have something to do with the differing skills of the 2 players....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2008, 04:11:03 PM »

I think the lack of stick was due to not advertising the rate. Quite difficult to rip apart the value of shares if you don't know what they are.

Sandy
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »

I think the lack of stick was due to not advertising the rate. Quite difficult to rip apart the value of shares if you don't know what they are.

Sandy

I don't agree Sandy, Most people that know Clare would say she is a decent player, and she is will liked. The FACT that she sold out her share quota in a quick time speaks volumes IMHO.

Perhaps no one wanted to have a dig at a well respected member of the forum.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008, 04:16:24 PM »

Sandy

OK then - buy in is £300+£30 - shares have been sold at £3.50/1%

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2008, 04:27:52 PM »

Sandy

OK then - buy in is £300+£30 - shares have been sold at £3.50/1%

An explanation, not a dig. Snoopy let the details out when you were pretty much sold out anyway.

Sandy

I don't agree Sandy, Most people that know Clare would say she is a decent player, and she is will liked. The FACT that she sold out her share quota in a quick time speaks volumes IMHO.

Perhaps no one wanted to have a dig at a well respected member of the forum.

Mel was popular here and is a decent player judging by the forum from a while back. You could of course be right but in reality it's all speculation and maybe it is a combination of many things.

I don't get why people rip others apart when they offer stakes anyway. Not tempted move on. You want to back then you do. Such is life.

Sandy
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2008, 04:32:40 PM »

Snoopy let the details out when you were pretty much sold out anyway.

eh?  Snoopy said I was selling 50% and had 10% left.  I think it was Ironside who mentioned £35 for 10%, but I presume that was just an educated assumption on his part given the rest of my posts (either that or he's been reading my PMs!! Shocked )

did I just use 'ironside' and 'educated' in the same sentence?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:39:29 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2008, 04:37:46 PM »

Misread.

I always thought it was Snoops that couldn't play AK. Ah well never mind.  Wink

Sandy
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »

How do I get myself involved in these things. bad beat yawn
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »

Have to dissagree there, I remember feeling sickened for Mel when she did it, the thread was locked if I recall rightly.

Might have something to do with the differing skills of the 2 players....

the Mel thread got out of hand when it was posted on the Betfair forum and a load of their "aggressive" posters slagged her off on there and came on here for some more. To be fair it wasn't regular blonde's having a pop

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2008, 02:43:16 AM »

To be honest, stakes are 100% subjective, if people offer %'s then basically they are selling their action, and should be prepared for stick/offers. By putting yourself on the line offering shares it is up to a person whether they think you are good value {they will buy shares} or if you are not value {they will give you stick}

If it is the latter, and you get some stick, nobody in the right mind can winge because you have basically put yourself on a public forum to be judged, and judged you will be. Popularity or poker prowess, depending on how people rate worthy investment oppurtunities, will be how you are judged.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

How do I get myself involved in these things. bad beat yawn

I must remember that you don't do everything Wink

Sandy
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »

Just a quick thanks to all of those that bought a percentage, and sorry I couldn't bring home the bacon!  It was a great tournament, as always.  I was unfortunate early doors to run into someone who couldn't lay down top pair on a very scary board (he had what I thought he had), and I was down to half my stack within 30 mins of kick off.  No worries with the structure of this tournament, and after dwindling to 3.8k at the first break and grindng for a few levels I was back up to starting stack, then up to average chips several hours later.  I eventually exited the tournament somewhere around the mid-fifites after pushing with my short stack and being looked up by one caller who spiked a set on the turn with his smaller pair and it was night night.

Had a great time though - I always love playing poker at DTD.  The atmosphere was fantastic as usual (apart from the brief period where some of the lads got a bit lairy), and I think I had a good stab at it.  Was also great to see Matt get a cash, and a nice return from the £44 he spent on Friday night's online satellite Smiley

thanks again chaps!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »

unlucky clare, good effort.

i'm sure matt being the nice bloke he is, compensated you with 50% of his winnings tho. stirthepot

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2008, 08:08:31 PM »

To be honest, stakes are 100% subjective, if people offer %'s then basically they are selling their action, and should be prepared for stick/offers. By putting yourself on the line offering shares it is up to a person whether they think you are good value {they will buy shares} or if you are not value {they will give you stick}

If it is the latter, and you get some stick, nobody in the right mind can winge because you have basically put yourself on a public forum to be judged, and judged you will be. Popularity or poker prowess, depending on how people rate worthy investment oppurtunities, will be how you are judged.

I'm not sure why anyone should get stick just for putting themselves up. As you say, you can take it or leave it....whether its Ivey, or someone who has never played live before in the biggest tournament of the year (er....... Mr.Moneymaker!).
The one thing they can be questioned on/advised...... is the price per share.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2008, 08:25:47 PM »

unlucky clare, good effort.

i'm sure matt being the nice bloke he is, compensated you with 50% of his winnings tho. stirthepot

lol.  We usually do swap a percentage, but seeing as I'd sold a lot of interest it didn't seem worth it this time.  Hindsight and all that!!!! (I did tap him for the Sunday night £100 though when he was big chip leader with 10 or so left Cheesy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: