Hello people, it's an honour to be part of "In the well". I look forward to answering all your questions.
What edge do you believe you have over the field in any given EPT event? (in roi terms)Very tough question as a whole lifetime is not enough time to figure out how much edge you have because of variance but I would have to say around 50-100% as a guess. I am 100-200% on pokerstars/party and I think I've ran slightly hot on there.
Is it worth playing them without sponsorship, given the sick varience?
No, I'd say take a shot to anyone. You never know what might happen.
How did you get started with Poker, and what kind of games were you playing?
I saw my step-dad playing on pokerstars. When he was at work I would secretly play on play money.
What were your early results like?Strangely, I was a winning player from the moment I started playing poker. I think I started playing just before the poker boom 5 years ago when games were mega-soft. I remember spinning $25 up to $1000 in a month, this was all the money I had to my name.
I read somewhere that you read like 10 poker books a while back. Were you a winning player before this or did reading all of them help your game hugely? I was a winning player before this but the reason why I read all these books was because my step-dad was on life tilt with me and banned me from the computer! I couldn't cope with it and had withdrawal symptoms. Decided 10 poker books was the way to go.
Secondly, who do you think is the most over rated player on the UK circuit?Not answering this one but there are a lot more over-rated than under-rated players.
-I'm sure you said something about tightening up a lot in 2008. Can you tell us your thought process, is it a direct response to the games getting loser?I think over the last 2 years a lot of people have been trying a much looser style. The idea is that you play the opposite of the table so I just went with it...
- heads up versus Devilfish - you lolowned him, did you rate him? do you think he's a player that's had his time at the top of UK poker?Like I said above, the game is changing all the time and I imagine Dave will always try to play a loose-aggressive game, I think he is still one of the better players on the circuit. I played well vs the fish but I did get Aces at the right time
- if you could incorporate one quality from another UK poker player what would it be, who from and why?Easy! Mickey wernicks patience with a short stack.
- at what stack size are you never open raising/foldingHard really as when Im short stacked I just get it in, if I am opening 2-3 BB's then it probably means that there is a chance I am folding if 3-bet. I guess you could draw the line at 12BB's
- at what stack size are you never 3bet/folding preWoah! I think there are too many factors in poker to answer this question, sorry!
1) knowing Matt I would assume he was drunk when he offered you sponsorship. Did you think he was joking?He must have been drunk to offer me a sponsership, surely! Actually, I was offered sponsership before I even knew matt by a company called jetsetpoker who are now dead; at the time Matt was looking for a sponsored player. I went with Matt to Luton Christmas cracker where I took down the tourney in a rather cocky manner, I guess I had more confidence back then. Matt had his eye on me after this, shortly after I chopped the sunday mill on stars, It went from there...
2) what's your handicap?
7, I used to be off 5 which I hope to get down to next year. I've started to take golf seriously this year and shot under par for the first time ever today.
3) if you could hand a sponsorship deal to an unsponsored UK player who would it be?Stuart Rutter, his online cash results are sick.
1) Who are your 5 picks to run good at the open?I assume this is something to do with golf? I don't follow anything on tv.
2) Steak or Stake?Medium-rare plz
3) Who do you think is the biggest pro donkey on the circuit?Can't answer this!
4) Who in your opinion is the best UK pro?Dave Colclough probably, he has run worst than anyone I know though. Julian Thew too.
5) Who is the weirdest player on face book?lol nh.
how crap are you at the poker at the bar game on a scale of 1-10? 9. I am pretty good at this, especially since I invented the game. Stu rutter and James Atkin are rubbish though since they never stop talking.